Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Deadhand: Putin's Nuclear-Powered Cruise Missile

Senior Contributor
    Sorry I just do not believe in these wonder weapons.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post

I don't know exactly how it targets nor if plazma has wholes, but the weapon was tested on towed ships. So it works.
    Do you have a source that this was tested on a ship target? Also if it was a static target, that isn't much of a test. That only indicates it can accurate hit a target using GPS. Some kind of terminal guidance, or else terminal target update, would be required for a sea borne target.

EDIT TO ADD: DF-21 was also 'tested' the same way: it was fired at site with known coordinates in the desert. It has never been tested on a moving target at sea.
    Last edited by Josh; 05 Jul 18, at 19:55.

Defense Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Do you have a source that this was tested on a ship target? Also if it was a static target, that isn't much of a test. That only indicates it can accurate hit a target using GPS. Some kind of terminal guidance, or else terminal target update, would be required for a sea borne target.

EDIT TO ADD: DF-21 was also 'tested' the same way: it was fired at site with known coordinates in the desert. It has never been tested on a moving target at sea.
    Hi Josh, my statement about a "towed" target is now under doubt.... I wanted to give you a supporting link, went to a russian forum where I read about towed ship, but the guy gave only a link to a well known video where it is not clear if kinzhal hit a moving or static ship. So "moving or static" is unclear at this point of time

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    Hi Josh, my statement about a "towed" target is now under doubt.... I wanted to give you a supporting link, went to a russian forum where I read about towed ship, but the guy gave only a link to a well known video where it is not clear if kinzhal hit a moving or static ship. So "moving or static" is unclear at this point of time
    I believe I heard of a static test against a barge, though I can no longer even find a link or source for that either.

Thread Information