Justin Trudeau's excellent Indian adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
    Anybody who thinks these terms are sexist are mostly just confused and/or have a poor understanding of the English language.
    Not cofused he's pushing a feminist agenda and is one by his own admission

Comment

I was more or less referring to people who buy into the narrative that Mr. Trudeau is pushing.

Mr. Trudeau himself is obviously exploiting the issue for political gain. He should still take that Xanax and lay off it though.
      Last edited by Ironduke; 30 Mar 18,, 20:13.
      "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
        In the absence of a serious political challenge from the left or right, Canada’s prime minister is suffering from self-inflicted damage.
        Fine with reference to your article but also applies to the India trip. I don't have a problem with Trudeau or his trip. The problem i had is with people in Canada making these noises and causing confusion. Why did they do it ?

From the moment he arrived it was obvious to them he was playing to his constituents. This means automatically becomes fair game for them to intervene and if they get a hit which they did its all good.

People seeing him dress up assume he is trying to fit in and identify better with India, i'm in two minds about this. I think he was playing to his constituents back home first. This feeling that he is already in campaign mode. They will definitely be reusing those visuals in India closer to elections

He wasn't snubbed, Modi wanted to meet him when he arrived but Trudeau only wanted to do business on the last day. So there was no face saving hug, that was the official start of business as Trudeau wanted it.
        Last edited by Double Edge; 30 Mar 18,, 22:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
          From the moment he arrived it was obvious to them he was playing to his constituents.
          So he played up to less than 6% of the population by pissing off the other 94%. Real savy of him.

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
          He wasn't snubbed, Modi wanted to meet him when he arrived but Trudeau only wanted to do business on the last day. So there was no face saving hug, that was the official start of business as Trudeau wanted it.
          This entire thing reeked of smuggness of a family vacation on taxpayer's dime. That's what pissing off Canada.
          Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
            So he played up to less than 6% of the population by pissing off the other 94%. Real savy of him.
            Canada is a bit unique in the sense you don't see American presidents, Brit or Aussie PM's going to temples the same way as Canadian PM's. Harper did it when Modi was over and i found it curious

I think its primarily to do with campaign donors. American presidents wear skull caps because they get important campaign donors from that community. Atwal is a donor that is why he shows up in photos.

The Khalistan brigade exploit this to the max, make a donation then get a photo and they start to look important and can push their cause. Also note its primarily Sikh temples and not others places of worship. Sikhs aren't the only Indians in Canada but clearly the most visible, they are a block, vote as one and contribute as one. Collections are made at temples so it follows Canadian PM's go to sikh temples.

Another reason i think is the constituent distribution and this is another Canada thing. They are mostly concentrated in Ontario & British Columbia. Canada's most important provinces. Many parliament seats.

This entire thing reeked of smuggness of a family vacation on taxpayer's dime. That's what pissing off Canada.
            Yes it did come across that way. Has that point been made to him yet. He will say he was doing important business. As far as i'm concerned this trip should have made it clear the difference between what Canadian sikhs tell him and how Indian Sikhs are. Smoothing things over with the Punjab CM was good. Even here Punjab looms large, he goes to the Golden temple.
            Last edited by Double Edge; 31 Mar 18,, 00:23.

Comment

The best I can gather is that Sikhs can directly electly 3 seats with their concentration of numbers in Vancouver and Toronto. Outside of that, they're not a power. Certainly not as powerful as the Irvings of New Brunswick.
              Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
                The best I can gather is that Sikhs can directly electly 3 seats with their concentration of numbers in Vancouver and Toronto. Outside of that, they're not a power. Certainly not as powerful as the Irvings of New Brunswick.
                What if you add Indians in the mix, if he's sikh friendly it transfers over ?

He's savvy about who his voters are that i have no doubt

What you said is what i heard an Indian ambassador to the US say on a local program that Sikhs actually aren't that relevant in Canada so this is why they keep the Khalistan agenda alive.

Well the optics tell a different story.

Looks can be deceiving : )
                Last edited by Double Edge; 31 Mar 18,, 01:39.

Comment

I really don't know. Most certainly most Canadians could not give two hoots about Khalistan. And while we ignore a few photos here and there, there would be an uproar in English and French Canada if we actually started to fund organizations seeking such. The Air India Flight 182 fiasco left a very bad taste in our mouths for Khalistan. Sikhs in Canada have the right to voice their opinions but we draw the line at government funding and at terrorist actions.
                  Chimo

Comment

Nothing to do with the Indian adventure. Perhaps we can merge several topics into a Justin Trudeau megathread though?

Full article: https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...e-a-stand.html

Trump’s fuel economy rollback leaves Trudeau in a bind: Follow the U.S., or take a stand

The auto industry wants Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to go along with U.S. President Donald Trump’s move to weaken fuel efficiency standards for cars and light trucks. Environmentalists want Trudeau to refuse, immediately, and join forces with liberal American states.

The Trump administration’s decision to abandon the current Obama-era standards puts Trudeau in the position of choosing between the goal of rapidly reducing emissions and the goal of keeping Canada’s car regulations in sync with those of the United States.

Trudeau’s government declined Tuesday to offer an opinion on the Trump decision. A spokesperson for Environment and Climate Change Minister Catherine McKenna said Canada would fulfill its previous commitment to conduct a “thorough” review of its policy, like the study the U.S. government just completed, and make its decision based on “careful considerations” of environmental and economic impacts.

Environmentalists urged Trudeau to swiftly speak up in opposition. Keith Stewart, senior energy strategist for Greenpeace Canada, said “standing on the sidelines is standing with Trump” rather than with the march of history.

“Trudeau has been very careful to not criticize Trump, but this one: you’ve got to pick a side here,” Stewart said.

Cutting auto emissions is a significant component of Trudeau’s plan to meet Canada’s target, under the Paris climate accord, of cutting emissions by 30 per cent from 2005 levels by 2030. Canada is not close to being on track to hit the target, a report released last week showed.

The Obama-era fuel standards being revoked by Trump are for the years 2022 to 2025. They call for automakers to hit a real-world efficiency average of about 36 miles per gallon (6.5 litres per 100 km) or more by 2025, up from a record high of 24.7 miles per gallon (9.5 litres per 100 km) for new vehicles in 2016.

Announcing the decision Tuesday, Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt said the Trump administration’s to-be-determined standards would be more economical for car companies.

“I think the focus in the past has been on making manufacturers in Detroit, making manufacturers in various parts of the country, make cars that people aren’t going to buy,” Pruitt said. “Our focus should be on making cars that people purchase actually more efficient.”

It will take at least months, possibly years, for Trump to soften the standards: the U.S. regulatory process is lengthy, and the move could be tied up in court. The attorney general of California, which has a waiver that allows it to set stricter auto standards than the U.S. government, said he is “ready to file suit if needed.”

Environmentalists said Canada should continue to align itself with California — by maintaining the current standard, which Obama copied from California — even if Trump weakens the federal standard. A dozen U.S. states, including New York, follow California’s lead, and these states together represent a third of the U.S. car market.

“Canada was planning on these standards. There is going to be a market in the U.S. that will be following the higher standards. So I think that Canada should be clear that we’re not going to roll back environmental standards because the Trump administration thinks we should be,” said Dale Marshall, national program manager at Environmental Defence. “I don’t think our domestic policy, especially our domestic environmental policy, should be set by a regressive U.S. government.”
                    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• Slightly OT, but my issue with Mr Trudeau's is that he promised Aboriginal communities a lot of great things and yet, after almost three years he delievered on exactly zero of those promises. Which brings me to my main point- he's trying to appeal to too many people all at once and it's backfiring now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Margaret1976 View Post
                        Slightly OT, but my issue with Mr Trudeau's is that he promised Aboriginal communities a lot of great things and yet, after almost three years he delievered on exactly zero of those promises. Which brings me to my main point- he's trying to appeal to too many people all at once and it's backfiring now.
                        Margaret 1976,

Welcome to the WAB! We hope you find this a great place to engage on National Security matters with folks spanning the globe.

We ask our new members to go this this thread and introduce themselves. Tell us a bit about you and why you joined. Also what your chief interests are, etc.

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/sho...62#post1007162

After that we recommend you go to this thread and see some of the best ways to have a productive stay on the WAB.

Thanks

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/showthread.php?t=46580

“Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                        Mark Twain

Comment

• Poor Justin, live by the PC, die by the PC.
                          https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49763805

Comment

• Originally posted by surfgun View Post
                            Poor Justin, live by the PC, die by the PC.
                            https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49763805
                            Insane isn't it.

This isn't ok either.

When the intent was not to offend how can people claim it to be ?

To me this is like saying you cannot hire non-union labour and what that sounds like.
                            Last edited by Double Edge; 19 Sep 19,, 23:05.

Comment

• Could this be Trudeau's Prince Harry moment?

Part of me thinks so what and part me also thinks 'D-ckhead!' but What young lad hasn't made an arse of himself...

Comment

• The part that gets me is some in his base are genuinely offended. How can this be when the guy has tried to reach out to every alien imaginable. The man dances Bhangra better than me. Am attaching here the many faces of Trudeau not just black face

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                                It's hilarious reading Canadian comments about Justins trip to India on Twitter. They are bashing him so badly. My stomach hurts! ;-)))

[ATTACH]45491[/ATTACH]

He is like a one man tribute to the village people.

Colonel, how many twitter accounts have you used to criticize your PM?

LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X