No announcement yet.

Justin Trudeau's excellent Indian adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the Canadian defense minister visited last year, the CM of Punjab refused to meet him, calling him a terrorist supporter ? Pretty incredible statement

Still, Trudeau insisted on bringing him along this time. The two met but it doesn't really fix much

Let's just say we miss Harper. Remember the meeting with Modi we discussed it here and all was looking good. Then Canada had an election

Who knows how long pretty boy will be in charge and its an unpleasant throwback to the 80s - 90s which his supporters seem to be living in. There was no 9/11 then and separatism and terrorism were cool. We lost a 747 over the Atlantic and the perps seem to have gotten off lightly.

I think its impossible to screw up a Canada relationship. Everybody likes Canada but damn! it could be waaay better than this. We juggle much harder relationships.

There's been a steady progression of good trips either Modi going abroad or people coming over. Positive vibes all around.

This one stands out for being unusual from the least likely of people. Well, not exactly true for canda watchers but still. A bump in the road.
    Last edited by Double Edge; 24 Feb 18,, 02:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
      When the Canadian defense minister visited last year, the CM of Punjab refused to meet him, calling him a terrorist supporter ? Pretty incredible statement
      I don't know LCol Saijan's views on Khalistan but he's a Canadian as far as I'm concerned. But the Sikh community in Canada is pretty fractured as far as Khalistan is concerned. I can see him not making waves with public denounciations for Khalistani terror but maybe that's not enough for India.

But this bringing an attempted assassin into a party? That takes the cake. No one had bothered to check the guest list, not even the RCMP.

Who knows how long pretty boy will be in charge and its an unpleasant throwback to the 80s - 90s which his supporters seem to be living in. There was no 9/11 then and separatism and terrorism were cool.

I think its impossible to screw up a Canada relationship. Everybody likes Canada but damn! it could be waaay better than this. We juggle much harder relationships.

There's been a steady progression of good trips either Modi going abroad or people coming over. Positive vibes all around.

This one stands out for being unusual from the least likely of people. A bump in the road.
      Well, this turned out better for India. Trudeau decided a few groups on the terror list that Modi wanted place. Like I said, he's spineless. Screwed up with insulting the Indians and then try to kiss ass by placing Canadians on a terror list to make up for it.

Disclaimer: I don't know if these Canadians should be on the terror list but I would want the RCMP to say so and not Justin Trudeau just to kiss ass.
      Chimo

Comment

He did pretty well in the elections, twice as many seats as the next party. Libs went from 36 to 184 (!) swings coming from Ontario & Quebec

He has no fear of being toppled or anything else.

I'm hearing that Canada wants to feminise Foreign policy.

This guy is pro women, he calls himself a feminist

In Canada, A red state means they're liberal : D : D

Last edited by Double Edge; 25 Feb 18,, 13:38.

Comment

Like I said. Harper got boring. Harper saw us through growth and it's more of the same in the near future. Harper's time was up. Trudeau's time was coming. If it wasn't this last election, it would have been this one. Trudeau was young, new, exciting. Trudeau was promising gay rights, social justice, "and the economy will pay for itself." Harper was just promising a 2% raise.
          Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
            I don't know LCol Saijan's views on Khalistan but he's a Canadian as far as I'm concerned. But the Sikh community in Canada is pretty fractured as far as Khalistan is concerned. I can see him not making waves with public denounciations for Khalistani terror but maybe that's not enough for India.
            https://youtu.be/ERaDA7Z9neg?t=2712

Suhasini asks your FM

within the last year ...

- the Ontario legislature passes a resolution accusing India of genocide. To make a comparison the Dutch passed something similar recently about Armenians. So this means pissed off with Erdogan. its an important signal and why is baffling. Or paid for, interested parties trying to promote their parochial interests over two countries national interests and succeeding

- Trudeau takes part in a rally that glorifies separatists, militants & terrorists from India. Here i think he may have been played. He's at a fund raiser and it can look like he's fundraising for the separatists

- slogans for referendum 2020 for a separate Sikh homeland to be voted for

FM's answers are pro forma, etc noting revealing. She didn't really address a single point brought up.

But we see a sudden shift occurred with the new administration which if it continues will be a drag

But this bringing an attempted assassin into a party? That takes the cake. No one had bothered to check the guest list, not even the RCMP.

Well, this turned out better for India. Trudeau decided a few groups on the terror list that Modi wanted place. Like I said, he's spineless. Screwed up with insulting the Indians and then try to kiss ass by placing Canadians on a terror list to make up for it.

Disclaimer: I don't know if these Canadians should be on the terror list but I would want the RCMP to say so and not Justin Trudeau just to kiss ass.
            Right, which is embarassing for him and at the same time confusing.

There is no other govt in the world that has Indians represented at many levels as the Canadian govt. The Canadian high commissioner is able to converse in Gujarati with the PM.

Trudeau and his administration one would think must be the most India astute of any that ever visited India.

PET I learnt was for one UNITED Canada, have to think his son is too so any separatists stuff you'd think would be shunned regardless where from

The signalling is very mixed and confused. whether that is inexperience since his first job in govt is PM, perhaps. And if one can cut Trump some slack over that then fine.
            Last edited by Double Edge; 24 Feb 18,, 14:50.

Comment

within the last year ...

- the Ontario legislature passes a resolution accusing India of genocide.
              Bear with me. The Ontario Legislature is located in Toronto. The Greater Toronto Area has 47 out of the 107 Provincial Parliment seats and a similar number for the Ontario National Parliment seats. Toronto has a large Indian dispora. So yeah, alot of pandering going on, not so much in the national elections but Provincial, yeah a hell of a lot of butt kissing.

The signalling is very mixed and confused. whether that is inexperience since his first job in govt is PM, perhaps. And if one can cut Trump some slack over that then fine.
              Justin Trudeau is in love with himself. He has yet to realize that nobody else of power cares. Obama played him like a puppet and he didn't even realized it.
              Chimo

Comment

More cute pictures from Trudeau and fam:

Click image for larger version

Name:	24trudeau1-superJumbo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	517.3 KB
ID:	1476070

Name:	24trudeau2-master675.jpg
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	1476071

Name:	24trudeau3-master675.jpg
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	1476072

Name:	24trudeau4-master675.jpg
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	1476073

Name:	24trudeau5-master675.jpg
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	1476074

Comment

Bet the kids are saying, "This sucks. When can we play with the elephant?"

I really hate this smug dork.
                  Chimo

Comment

I wonder if he learned the Indian head bauble. If he did, I'm sure he would use it in all the wrong ways.
                    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Media has been very harsh on him. He doesn't come across as someone who can lead such a big country.
                      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Guess the slogan behind captain

Comment

Originally posted by anil View Post

Guess the slogan behind captain
                          For the benefit of all why don't you just come out and tell us ?

When was that photo taken, any ideas

Comment

https://www.darpanmagazine.com/news/...ndia-protests/

Couldn't have been last year because Amarinder was denied a visa to Canada because the SFJ (sikhs for justice) group lobbied (almost seeing shades of Modi's experience here)

Amarinder has been annoyed with the Canadian government since April last year when he was denied permission to visit that country, which has a sizeable Punjabi Diaspora, in the run-up to the Punjab assembly elections. The SFJ had complained to the Canadian government against Amarinder's visit.

The Congress leader had to cancel his trip after being told by the Canadian authorities at the last minute that he could not allowed to visit the country for holding political rallies and meetings. The visit was aimed at wooing influential Non-Resident Indian (NRI) groups in Canada.

Amarinder had shot of an angry letter to Trudeau protesting against the "gag order". He was informed by Foreign Secretary S. Jaishanker of the Canadian government's stance.

Trudeau's prdecessor, Stephen Harper, had visited Punjab in 2012 and 2009 in an apparent bid to woo the Punjabi and Sikh community in Canada.
                            Last edited by Double Edge; 24 Feb 18,, 20:45.

Comment

Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
                              Well, this turned out better for India.
                              We have a BJP PM backing up a Congress CM : D : D

Justin Trudeau’s India visit did the unlikely: Bring bitter rivals Modi and Congress together | The Print | Feb 21 2018

Comment

CM comes across pretty straight in this talk ten months back, right from his very first reply

Punjab is in a real mess and for some time now, drugs, education, health and broke

Collusion between border guards and Pak rangers for drugs to enter and then the second line of defense, the cops are also in on the score. Small wonder that a Pathankot can happen. The fix is rotate the guards on an annual basis but that was found to be too expensive so its a biennial term

Canada comments start at 24:00

His beef with Sajjan goes back to the man's father.
                                Last edited by Double Edge; 24 Feb 18,, 21:15.

Comment

Working...
                                X