No announcement yet.

Stone pelting a conspiracy by Pakistan and its agents in Kashmir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initially China said 370 was an internal affair but last month end they decalared it unlawful & void

China calls division of J&K unlawful, India says our internal matter | Nov 01 2019

What exactly got China riled up ?

Since 370 we allowed allowed foreign delegations to visit the Tibetans in Dharamshala

We've allowed the US ambassador to visit Tawang

We seem to be getting closer to the Taiwanese

That's three things that got the Chinese

It is interesting that all these three events took place around the time of the M-puram visit or Xi's return visit for Wuhan

Comment

• Another hearing up today. Tom Lantos Commission on human rights. Can't wait : )

Jammu and Kashmir in Context | Nov 14 2019

https://www.youtube.com/user/TomLant...nRights/videos

Video should be up at that address in the following days.

In addition, Pramila Jaypal, born in India, now elected in the US is going to introduce a House resolution on Kashmir.
      Last edited by Double Edge; 14 Nov 19,, 12:57.

Comment

• Fantastic episode with the highly decorated former XV (Chinar Corps) Commander, gets into the military aspects over the last thirty years

Last edited by Double Edge; 15 Nov 19,, 17:33.

Comment

• Savio Rodrigues account of his recent trip to J&K

The Kashmir I Saw | Goa Chronicle | Nov 08 2019

I met with varied people – Professors from the Kashmir University, Representatives of the Sikh Community, Representatives of the Chamber of Commerce, Representatives of the Christian Community, Representatives of the Youth from the Muslim, Sikh and Hindu community, Senior Officers of the Indian Intelligence Agencies and Senior Officers of the Indian Army.

I also met with some hotel and restaurant owners, shopkeepers, Apple orchard owners and workers, traders in Kashmiri artefacts, handicrafts and textiles, senior engineers working in PWD government department, bureaucrats and students studying at the University in Kashmir.

I also spoke to former militants and current militants some funded through Pakistani agencies.

I chose not to meet politicians because to me the J&K politicians and the politicians in the Indian government over the years have been responsible for the plight of the people of Kashmir.

Also because most politicians were detained and the protocol to follow to meet them would eat into my time. To me it was not worth my time.

I wanted to learn about the real Kashmir not the falsely portrayed Kashmir in media.

So I traveled over the next couple of days across Srinagar, Baramulla, Sopore, Sangrama, Pattan, Rifabad, Budgaum and Kupwara.

I also met people from Shopian in Srinagar, as I was warned not to travel to Shopian.
          I've been waiting for Barkha's trip anyone know whether she has gone yet and if not when she plans to go. She used to have this whole area in the bag. The Kashmir expert.

Another by the same author

Islamic Kashmir is a reality not a myth | Indian Expose | Nov 03 2019
          Last edited by Double Edge; 15 Nov 19,, 19:02.

Comment

• Background of the partisan speakers chosen for the panel in post #677

Loaded with anti-India panelists, Congressional Commission to hold hearing on Kashmir | PTI | Nov 14 2019

Sunanda Vashisht the only dissenter and a good deal more assertive in putting across the Indian pov than Aarti was.

One against 5, yeah that's real fair. Even found a Khalistani who says Sikhs support self-determination of Kashmiris. lol. Course he got rebutted quick on that one being reminded when Sikhs got killed in Kashmir in 90s. The nutjob goes on about 700k troops there. Completely clueless. 100% rhetoric.

Having said that the tone of this hearing isn't as stacked as the last one was. Sunanda should have been at the last one. Would have put this Ilhan Omar character back into her jihadi place. A chance was given to the panelists to say whatever they want. That did not happen in the last one.

Some of the panelists going on about self-determination and plebiscite. lol. I can't believe these are scholars, with absolutely zero clue about security or ground realities. No credibility and for what they want to represent reflects badly. It means they're there just to push an agenda using old and debunked arguments.

They want access to the area by international journalists and human rights researchers. Like that's going to happen any time soon. Wanting the UN involved. Nah, never happening. We're still living through the effects of that the last time we involved the UN.

Diplomats and elected representatives is a possibility. We've done that with Euro MP's already. Does not matter if they are right wing they were elected in the EU and these people have an appreciation of what radical islam is and does.

Chair said the issue wasn't going away qualified by saying it was not a threat. People wanted more international attention brought to the issue. Know what this isn't the India of the 90s. The govt isn't yielding an inch to any international pressure or intervention. Internationalise it all you want. We will get to talk about radical islam at each and every meeting. The last time Clinton got involved we ended up with the Hurriyat thanks to that bitch Robin Raphel. There will no repeat of that episode. We will be dealing with this matter the way we know best and in our own time frame. The Indian govt is responsible for ensuring lives are not lost. We've lost lots over the years by tactics employed by the separatists.

US quits 'biased' UN human rights council | BBC | Jun 20 2018

The US has pulled out of the United Nations Human Rights Council, calling it a "cesspool of political bias".
            That is exactly what i see in these hearings, funnily enough. The last one with the second panel in particular.

Nikki Haley, the US envoy to the UN, said it was a "hypocritical" body that "makes a mockery of human rights".

Announcing the decision to quit the council, Ms Haley described the council as a "hypocritical and self-serving organisation" that displayed "unending hostility towards Israel".

She was speaking alongside US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who denounced the council as "a protector of human rights abusers".
            That's exactly what is happening. HR is used as a front to assist the militants. It's been completely corrupted and self-serving.

So the US isn't going to be a a problem, the UK might be if Labour wins. We will get to see what Qatari money can buy.
            Last edited by Double Edge; 16 Nov 19,, 03:09.

Comment

• You want to repatriate people back to Kashmir, fine but why use the term Israeli style settlements ?

Comment

• I'll let Rishabh do the honours

Last edited by Double Edge; 28 Nov 19,, 03:07.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                  You want to repatriate people back to Kashmir, fine but why use the term Israeli style settlements ?

This is what reservations does. I don't know if this guy climbed the stairs due to merit or caste, but I do know this is the cause & effect of reservations. Let's assume, he's meritorious, then he tried his best to prove he's worthy to the current dispensation in Delhi. Absolute fail. Loyalty should be for the country, within constitutional frameworks.

And, Kashmir is Hindu land for millenia. Doesn't change the fact, if Islam came and conquered it. Oops, blasphemy.
                  Last edited by Oracle; 03 Dec 19,, 16:27.
                  Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                    This is what reservations does. I don't know if this guy climbed the stairs due to merit or caste, but I do know this is the cause & effect of reservations. Let's assume, he's meritorious, then he tried his best to prove he's worthy to the current dispensation in Delhi. Absolute fail. Loyalty should be for the country, within constitutional frameworks.

And, Kashmir is Hindu land for millenia. Doesn't change the fact, if Islam came and conquered it. Oops, blasphemy.
                    My point is why is he needlessly adding controversy for no reason. He is helping the other side to malign our position.

What J&K needs is investment into the state. The Pandits can follow if they are so inclined but nobody really expects them to. At least not in any significant
                    numbers.

And nobody is expecting settlements, if people move in they will be living among others unless further developments against perceived outsiders occur.

Comment

• Some interesting points made here

To understand decisions, must see with the eyes of the administration that made the policy

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                        My point is why is he needlessly adding controversy for no reason. He is helping the other side to malign our position.

What J&K needs is investment into the state. The Pandits can follow if they are so inclined but nobody really expects them to. At least not in any significant
                        numbers.

And nobody is expecting settlements, if people move in they will be living among others unless further developments against perceived outsiders occur.
                        Pandits aren't going back to Kashmir. It's a fools dream. Pandits are well settled in Delhi, US, UK etc. Minority of muslims from J&K, supported by the PA made sure of that. By the sword, or male genitals that is.

I accept that the statement regarding Israelis were wrong vis-a-vis Kashmir, but, what do we do?

Do we need settlements vis-a-vis the Israelis in Kashmir. Absolutely. For this is what the PA taught the Kashmiris to do, to ethnically cleanse Hindus from Kashmir. It's our land from millenia, what's the fuss all about? Don't like it? Stop commenting on it, sit in a corner, and watch or cry. I don't give a damn.

India getting Kashmir back is due. Not like the natives we've massacred on foreign lands. Nobody has the right to lecture us on Kashmir.
                        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

I accept that the statement regarding Israelis were wrong vis-a-vis Kashmir, but, what do we do?
                          Continue as is, i've not heard any references to settlements by the govt so why is this rep speaking up about it.

Do we need settlements vis-a-vis the Israelis in Kashmir. Absolutely. For this is what the PA taught the Kashmiris to do, to ethnically cleanse Hindus from Kashmir. It's our land from millenia, what's the fuss all about? Don't like it? Stop commenting on it, sit in a corner, and watch or cry. I don't give a damn.

India getting Kashmir back is due. Not like the natives we've massacred on foreign lands. Nobody has the right to lecture us on Kashmir.
                          Bolded bit is why any comparison with Israeli settlements is flawed. False equivalence.

We're not outsiders there, we have civilisation links to the area for millenia.

Such a comparison makes us look like outsiders and invaders. Whose agenda does that serve ?

That a GOI rep makes such a statement is the equivalent of scoring an own goal and I wonder how this 'diplomat' got posted to the US of all places !!!

This fascination with Israel by some Indians does not reflect in the numbers of Indians that visit Israel. More Israelis visit India than the other way around. This is remarkable given the over hundred fold relative difference in population. The only Indians that go there are Christian pilgrims or they would make up a significant number.

The other flawed comparison that gets trotted out is comparing Kashmir with HK. If people wan't to go down that route it would be better to see HK as a mini-India than as Kashmir.

The Labour party in its manifesto compares Kashmir with war zones like Somalia & Yemen. I don't even know where to begin with this one : )
                          Last edited by Double Edge; 07 Dec 19,, 13:19.

Comment

• ^ Agree. The JNU'wala protests in Delhi looks like HK protests to me, though not of the same context. People in HK are fighting for more freedom and autonomy, while our Jholawalas are fighting to be jobless in future.

Comment

• ^ Have you read the Pak press in recent times? They still can't digest that Kashmir has been divided into UTs. Some of them fear PoK is going to go away from them. The country is in a mess, Bajwa is promoting himself for another 3 years. Funny times. Who'd have thought.

Comment

^ Have you read the Pak press in recent times? They still can't digest that Kashmir has been divided into UTs. Some of them fear PoK is going to go away from them. The country is in a mess, Bajwa is promoting himself for another 3 years. Funny times. Who'd have thought.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	CAB.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	1478522

Comment

Working...
                                X