Stone pelting a conspiracy by Pakistan and its agents in Kashmir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
    Don't know about that. The Paks are known to make historical blunders.

Pakistan divided over raising Kashmir at International Court of Justice

Even though I'd want to make one point here. Article 370 & 35A was inserted in the Constitutional provisions by India. Scrapping it is entirely on India as it is an internal matter.
    Right, if they say they are going to do it then they have to as the opposition will hold them to it.

Quereshi was saying they have a strong case and i wondered where he got this advice.

A senior Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader told The Express Tribune that senior party leaders were in touch with Ben Emerson, a London-based lawyer, who advised Pakistan to approach the ICJ on Kashmir issue.
    This is one way to get around bilateral by getting a third party ensconced. Why do it ? publicity. How long for ? a few years. After that then what ? they will find some way to spin it. So this is to buy time.

Even the international law experts in Pakistan have expressed astonishment over the government's decision. The opinion is said to be divided due to the jurisdictional issue.
    This is the thing. We should be taking them to the ICJ but instead they are doing it. Nobody is saying India will win in that article. Just that even if we lose the ruling isn't binding.

I think I get the idea now. The Paks aren't going to the ICJ over the legality of 370. They want to set the terms for the complaint which will be HR violations. This is where they think they have a chance and to be fair that is an open question.

We want to go t the ICJ over legality of their claims which will not be the terms of reference if they move the court first.

Stuck in the middle of all of this is one fine point. We said the dispute is bilateral. Then how can either side involve a third party ?

So one party will be missing from the proceedings like China was, if either side takes the case to the court. Regardless of the result, should the ruling win, the status quo in real terms will remain unchanged.
    Last edited by Double Edge; 22 Aug 19,, 12:40.

Comment

Precise sniper kills. Let terrorists congregate at another terrorists funeral. From a vantage point, take out all those terrorists with sniper fire. Do it again the second time, and a third time. No one, not even terrorists would want to go to a funeral just to get killed. It's important that the message gets through, that, the funeral you all attend will be yours too. Don't have to do a CASO in 3-4 places to kill 8-10 terrorists.
      This is a ridiculous suggestion. If the sniper misses there will be collateral damage. If he does not there will be mass panic leading to a stampede.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
        This is a ridiculous suggestion. If the sniper misses there will be collateral damage. If he does not there will be mass panic leading to a stampede.
        Yes. Once, twice or thrice. Acceptable in the face of aggression from Pakistan sponsored terrorism. The word must wake up to realize whatever is happening in Kashmir is Pakistan's doing.
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle
          Yes. Once, twice or thrice. Acceptable in the face of aggression from Pakistan sponsored terrorism. The word must wake up to realize whatever is happening in Kashmir is Pakistan's doing.
          Right this is where i thought you were going. I've seen this suggestion quite a few times now and given the same reply.

We would then be compared with the Taliban. Since our actions amount to a few short steps from bombing the funeral.

Slam the govt for a lot of things but this is one area i'm not very confident.

In 1992 they attacked the quarters of serving personnel. They would then move on to attacking the children of security personnel.

Leave the families out. Let it be between the men only.

Indian Army gets a human rights cell, IPS officer to be a part of it | The Print | Aug 21 2019

The Indian Army often faces allegations of human rights violations, particularly in Jammu and Kashmir and the Northeast where it operates under the Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA). Army sources, however, say most of the allegations have been found to be untrue following probes by the force.
          As it is we get accused of things we did not commit, you want to give the other side more ammo now ?
          Last edited by Double Edge; 22 Aug 19,, 16:59.

Comment

Right this is where i thought you were going. I've seen this suggestion quite a few times now and given the same reply.

We would then be compared with the Taliban. Since our actions amount to a few short steps from bombing the funeral.

Slam the govt for a lot of things but this is one area i'm not very confident.

In 1992 they attacked the quarters of serving personnel. They would then move on to attacking the children of security personnel.

Leave the families out. Let it be between the men only.

Indian Army gets a human rights cell, IPS officer to be a part of it | The Print | Aug 21 2019

As it is we get accused of things we did not commit, you want to give the other side more ammo now ?
            Bahhhh, excellent logic! How is killing terrorists any equal as being compared to the Taliban? This fight is not between men. This fight is between right and wrong. This fight is between Indian security forces and Pakistan sponsored terrorists. This is where Pak propaganda overtakes one's mind. India needs to tweak its propaganda machinery too, if it has one. This battle is fought by Pakistan on many fronts. India is just using brute force against the Pak mil along the LoC. We need to match the damn Paks on every step. We should have reached out to the Bangladeshis to file a case in the UNSC about PA genocide during the 1971 war. We didn't. What are diplomats there for? Just taking paycheck every month? I don’t understand why there has been no rumour that India burns Pakistani terrorists body in pork fat. Why leaflets describing such, have not been leaked to the Urdu press in Pakistan, so that the message is delivered to the right people. We are not winning this war by brute force alone. There are several instances of the American forces unleashing hellfire missiles to take out 1 or 2 terrorists in Afghanistan, and plenty of collateral damage. Human rights violations for terrorists and their sympathisers? ROFL!

I'm not for hurting families. I am for killing terrorists and their sympathisers at the very funeral they come to attend. Just one red funeral. Nobody wants to die. Everyone shits their pants thinking about their last moment. The shame is on Kashmiri mothers whose sons join the ranks of terrorists. It is their folly not to have taught their wards to differentiate between right and wrong. And if their son is killed in an operation, it is still their duty to have a silent funeral for their traitor son. If not, they too should bear the consequences. We have had this BS for too long.

As about your last para, no one is stopping the GoI to counter PAs' proganada with their own. India is not begging to make a living unlike Pakistan.
            Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Pakistan will no longer seek talks with India: Imran Khan

Ah, very good, the beggingtunes was going nowhere. What is it you ghazis don't understand. You want talks, at the same time you send in islamic pigs with weapons to kill us.

Pakistan goes all out to internationalise Kashmir; Indian government, media would do well to focus attention on PoK

Even as Islamabad is thinking up new ways of getting the Kashmir issue up and into world bodies including the International Court of Justice, there are many within the country – and outside – who are genuinely puzzled at this paroxysm of outrage and disjointed actions. There are, after all, few foreign ministers in the history of diplomacy who have tried to inflame nationals abroad into protesting and creating trouble on the streets.

Shah Mahmood Qureshi’s call was certainly heeded in the UK, where a horde of hooligans turned up outside the Indian Embassy intent on causing damage. If it didn’t resonate elsewhere, it’s because Pakistani nationals abroad are not prepared to put their residence and future status at risk for a country that seems to have gone over the edge in more ways than one.

The puzzling part of Pakistan’s reaction is that first, the ‘Kashmir dispute’ remains as it is. The new Jammu & Kashmir Reorganisation Act 2019 retains 26 seats for Pakistan Occupied Kashmir in its state Assembly, thus continuing with the Indian position that the whole of Jammu and Kashmir is one and that PoK is disputed territory. The Line of Control remains as it is, and so does the dispute on Siachen. In short, the territorial holding or the claimed area hasn’t changed by an inch. So then what is Pakistan’s outrage all about? It can continue to opt for dialogue on this and related issues any time it chooses to entirely end its sponsorship of terrorism. This has not happened so far. The jihadi infrastructure is on a tenuous hold, but that’s simply not good enough. Arising from that, India can only continue its own position to refuse to talk.

Second, the main aspect of Pakistan’s position – which it has successfully sold to the US media – is that the dissolution of Article 370 is a ‘unilateral’ action by India. But here’s the interesting part. Pakistan itself has not scrupled to shift, change and carve out its Occupied areas absolutely at will. Remember that the Occupied Areas were sliced up into three portions. In 1962, an area of 6,000 sq km was ceded to China as part of a boundary agreement. This effectively ensured that China would be a shadow ‘third partner’ to the dispute. So no surprises that Beijing is in arm with Islamabad at the UN in highlighting the “Kashmir issue’.

The second section of some 5,000 square miles was carved out as early as 1947 as “Azad Kashmir’ to give lip service to a ‘free Kashmir’. It is anything but and remains tightly under the control of Islamabad.

The third section of PoK was hived away much earlier on 28 April 1949 in a secret exercise involving Pakistan and 'Azad Kashmir government’ where the latter ceded 24,000 km to Pakistan. Not a single person from these annexed areas was present. Till 2009, the area was not on even on textbooks as a specific area. In that year it was rechristened Gilgit-Baltistan, and given some limited powers. However, as of date, the area remains in legal limbo, neither part of Pakistan or part of Azad Kashmir, with no media, no internet, and restricted entry to all, barring Chinese officials and workers engaged in the ambitious China-Pakistan Economic Corridor. It is of course, entirely under the control of the Pakistan Army. Those protesting the media blackout of Kashmir should know that Gilgit-Baltistan has had no free communications for the last 70 years.

The even more interesting point is that Islamabad has continued to tinker with the status of these areas. Last year, the apparently independent 'Azad Kashmir’ saw even its marginal autonomy further eroded by the Thirteenth Amendment to the Interim Constitution of Azad Kashmir 1974. The Amendment was rushed through in the Assembly in just two days and transferred the entire powers of the Council – an amalgam of elected and nominated officials – directly to the prime minister of Pakistan. In addition, the new amendment rather notably states “No law providing for preventive detention shall be made except to deal with persons acting in a manner prejudicial to the integrity, security or defense of Azad Jammu and Kashmir or Pakistan or any part thereof.”

That puts paid to the apparent independence theory. India protested the change on 11 June, 2018 but and let the matter go without undue public activity. It was ignored entirely by international media. In other words, a so-called ‘independent’ entity was virtually made a province of Pakistan, and nobody cared. To cross the ‘T’s and dot the “I’s’, Pakistan chopped, changed and controlled areas that on paper, are entirely outside its constitution. The people of Gilgit-Baltistan — or perhaps even India — can make an international case out of it, if they so wish. It's downright illegal in any court of law.

The question then arises as to why the ‘international community’ (there's no such thing, but it's nice to pretend there is) has taken no note at all of the ambiguous status of Gilgit-Baltistan where it is in effect, the only stateless place in the world? First, the complete media and communications blackout of the area, where even Pakistani media doesn’t report on it, much less the international reportage. And here’s the mistake – neither did Indian media care to report on it is a reflection of the indifference of New Delhi. ‘Kashmir’ is all over the pages, and PoK is not, not ever, not even now. Pakistan has made sure that Kashmir remained a ‘live’ issue, even through terrorist attacks where everyone knew of Srinagar, stone-pelting and live coverage of Indian counter actions.

Lesson number one for India is that ‘strategic communication’ matters. It mattered during the time of prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru and it matters even more now, in the time of the world wide web. Change this, and do it quickly, by explaining the reasons for a media blackout, the need for peace, and the future plans on elections. At another level, bring up the very real issues that are ‘live’ in PoK including its vassal status. This is a war being fought not in hushed staterooms, but through a wholly ignorant media. Hand out information and hard data on the web, in newspapers, and on TV.

Lesson number two is even more important. The prime minister’s impassioned address to the nation with a plea to Srinagar to walk alongside Delhi is not enough. The benefits have to pour in and at a very un-government like speed. It means involving NGO’s, the private sector and everyone available to ensure that change is delivered literally on the doorstep in areas relatively unaffected by militancy. There’s not much time. The doomsayers inside and outside the country are waiting for the first sign of failure, and that could be as early as next month, or even next week. So far the enigmatic silence is only deafening.

Third, is a far more difficult task, which is to shut up those loose cannons who are calling for a blitz kreig into PoK. Pakistan’s sole objective is to cry out that war is imminent and use the narrative of the ‘most dangerous place on earth’. Delhi needs to deny such an eventuality entirely, by stating that we have better things to do, and meanwhile allow the army to simply seal up the Line of Control. Delhi can control the situation in Kashmir through a patient healing process. But it needs to use diktat to control its own party.

Comment

Bahhhh, excellent logic! How is killing terrorists any equal as being compared to the Taliban? This fight is not between men. This fight is between right and wrong. This fight is between Indian security forces and Pakistan sponsored terrorists. This is where Pak propaganda overtakes one's mind. India needs to tweak its propaganda machinery too, if it has one. This battle is fought by Pakistan on many fronts. India is just using brute force against the Pak mil along the LoC. We need to match the damn Paks on every step. We should have reached out to the Bangladeshis to file a case in the UNSC about PA genocide during the 1971 war. We didn't. What are diplomats there for? Just taking paycheck every month? I don’t understand why there has been no rumour that India burns Pakistani terrorists body in pork fat. Why leaflets describing such, have not been leaked to the Urdu press in Pakistan, so that the message is delivered to the right people. We are not winning this war by brute force alone. There are several instances of the American forces unleashing hellfire missiles to take out 1 or 2 terrorists in Afghanistan, and plenty of collateral damage. Human rights violations for terrorists and their sympathisers? ROFL!

I'm not for hurting families. I am for killing terrorists and their sympathisers at the very funeral they come to attend. Just one red funeral. Nobody wants to die. Everyone shits their pants thinking about their last moment. The shame is on Kashmiri mothers whose sons join the ranks of terrorists. It is their folly not to have taught their wards to differentiate between right and wrong. And if their son is killed in an operation, it is still their duty to have a silent funeral for their traitor son. If not, they too should bear the consequences. We have had this BS for too long.

As about your last para, no one is stopping the GoI to counter PAs' proganada with their own. India is not begging to make a living unlike Pakistan.
                The Indian military, like Western militaries, operate under the rules imposed by the GoI. A long time ago during the Kargil War, Indian forum posters were arguing with me that Indian military actions make perfect military sense when I was arguing the rules were imposed by Dehli and that the InA would have preferred to venture into Pakistan and surround the mountain tops and starve the Pakistanis out. I was shouted down as a know-it-all-know-nothing foreigner.

Fast forward 10-15 years when I met the Brigadier Ray and he told me that was the exact plan they had came up with but Dehli shut them down.

As military men, we have a saying. Above my pay-grade and our jobs is to act within the contraints imposed on us because those above us sees a very much bigger picture just as I see a much bigger picture at battalion and brigade level than a private being shot at and wondering why his request for fire support was denied.

The truth is that no politican wants to see their own babies burned alive on national tv, especially when they gave the order to do the burning.
                Chimo

Comment

The Indian military, like Western militaries, operate under the rules imposed by the GoI. A long time ago during the Kargil War, Indian forum posters were arguing with me that Indian military actions make perfect military sense when I was arguing the rules were imposed by Dehli and that the InA would have preferred to venture into Pakistan and surround the mountain tops and starve the Pakistanis out. I was shouted down as a know-it-all-know-nothing foreigner.

Fast forward 10-15 years when I met the Brigadier Ray and he told me that was the exact plan they had came up with but Dehli shut them down.

As military men, we have a saying. Above my pay-grade and our jobs is to act within the contraints imposed on us because those above us sees a very much bigger picture just as I see a much bigger picture at battalion and brigade level than a private being shot at and wondering why his request for fire support was denied.

The truth is that no politican wants to see their own babies burned alive on national tv, especially when they gave the order to do the burning.
                  Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post

So effectively there are 3 view points. The Governments, the militaries, and us common idiots. And the Governments PoV is what matters. I am at a pain to understand, diplomacy apart, why doesn't the GoI talk about PAs' past genocides? The LoC is on fire, that is the militaries part. We civilians are screaming, which is our part. What is the GoI doing to counter Pak propaganda? I see nothing. Optics are important too.

Got it.

How do we crush the logistics network of Pakistani terrorists? They get their training from the PA, as also arms and funding. So how do India crush the logistics of those terrorists, inside India if not inside Pakistan, and starve them. I know we're going after their funding and sympathisers in Kashmir, what more can be done?

Comment

• Internet was restored on Aug 20 going by this twitter post

https://twitter.com/Ibne_Sena/status...20984149123072

Comment

This fight is between Indian security forces and Pakistan sponsored terrorists.
                        You think this govt, above all this govt does not get that.

Why was Burhan Wani's funeral allowed. PDP wanted it and BJP could not stop it being the junior partner in the coalition. Don't know.

If you want to stop funerals turning into terrorists recruitment event then don't allow funerals.

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                        How do we crush the logistics network of Pakistani terrorists? They get their training from the PA, as also arms and funding. So how do India crush the logistics of those terrorists, inside India if not inside Pakistan, and starve them. I know we're going after their funding and sympathisers in Kashmir, what more can be done?
                        The thinking is with putting law & order under the centre that the infrastructure for these activities will be weakened with time.

If they cannot influence events in J&K then it is anticipated Paks will strike out in other parts of India. Then we will find out how well these security grids you told me we put in place since 26/11 work.
                        Last edited by Double Edge; 23 Aug 19,, 13:47.

Comment

• In a talk in 2014, Doval said India has more resources at its disposal and can pay more than the Paks. Dulat already did this when he was RAW chief. See how a brilliant idea can be subverted.

The Tangled Web of Kashmir | Medium | Aug 23 2019

To understand the genesis of this problem we have to go back to then IB special director Dulat’s approach. He firmly believed that money could corrupt. He rather successfully used the cash reserves afforded to him to buy out terrorists leaders. This accounts for the fact that virtually every mall in Srinagar which is not owned by the Mafiaesque patronage networks of the Abdullahs and Muftis is owned by these former separatist leaders.

At the time it was brilliant tactic, but like all tactics, countermeasures were devised immediately. The net effect of these countermeasures was that it was not just the IB corrupting the ideological separatists, but the money deeply corrupted the IB and Kashmir police.

Much of this has to do with the enormous quantity of money dispensed out to keep confidential informants (CIs) happy and coax information out of them. Just as in the naxal belt, in Kashmir too this has been one of the main sources of income for IB and JKP. Since the sources are “confidential” there is no accounting of who this money goes to, we know from allegorical accounts that the dispensing officer keeps up to 90% dispensing only 10%.

At a tactical level when given to ordinary villagers it is still very useful, after all for 10,000 a month a villager head will make calls to inform the local police where the infiltrator who arrived yesterday is hiding.

The problem comes at the top level.
                          Shah Faesal is an IB pawn. Heh

This is where the story of Shehla and Shah Faesal becomes salient. Rumors had been circulating for over 3 years now that both had somehow been coopted by the IB. There was much to be said for their sudden celebrity and columns in newspaper with editors known to have their fingers in the Kashmir Pie.

we know that if anybody challenges the Abdullahs and Muftis on the ground the are usually subjected to Mafiosi tactics. So how do these two manage to set up a party, and despite zero evidence of any ground support with zero possibility of funding, manage to gain national salience as the “voice of Kashmir”?

It doesn’t take much to figure out that they are IB pawns, but like all IB pawns they are also playing a dangerous double game seeking funding and support from Pakistan, both in order to diversify their funding as a redundancy measure and in hiking up their maintenance from IB.

There is however evidence to suggest that there has been significant pushback from IB against the support of such liabilities. However for people such as the IB station chief in Srinagar, his fingers deep in the pie, these two are his retirement scheme.
                          https://twitter.com/Ibne_Sena/status...32821841522689

More eye opening : (
                          Last edited by Double Edge; 23 Aug 19,, 16:16.

Comment

• What does this word "enhanced"mean. Is it some where between black & grey. A red light that failing pending further action that a black listing i assured ?

FATF Asia-Pacific Group puts Pakistan in terror ‘Enhanced Expedited Follow Up List’: Officials | HT | Aug 23 2019

The Asia Pacific Group of the FATF, a global watchdog for terror financing and money laundering, has put Pakistan in a terror blacklist for its failure to curb funnelling of funds to groups responsible for scores of attacks in India, officials here said on Friday.

While putting Pakistan in an ‘Enhanced Expedited Follow Up List’, the Financial Action Task Force’s Asia Pacific Group also found that the country was non-compliant on 32 of 40 compliance parameters related to terror financing and money laundering, they said.
                            On 11 “effectiveness parameters” of terror financing and money laundering, Pakistan was adjudged low on 10.Pakistan now has to focus on avoiding the FATF blacklist in October, when the 15-month timeline on the FATF’s 27-point action plan ends, another official explained.

Pakistan has been under the FATF radar for its complicity towards terror groups LeT, JeM and others, he said.

It is almost certain that Pakistan will continue in its present status in the FATF ‘Grey List’ and there is every possibility that the country may further be downgraded into the FATF ‘Black List’ at its next plenary to be held in October in Paris, officials said.

Pakistan’s continuance in the ‘Grey List’ means its downgrading by the IMF, the World Bank, the ADB, the EU and also a reduction in risk rating by Moody’s, S&P and Fitch.

This will add to the financial problems of Pakistan, which is seeking aid from all possible international avenues.

According to officials, a key point made by these countries is the absence of a proper understanding in Pakistan of “transnational risk” -- risk posed to neighbouring and other nations by designated terrorist organisations based in Pakistan.

Comment

• Heard that Pak has been pushed to some "enhanced list" by the FATF. What is this "enhanced list" and what does it signifiy?

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                              You think this govt, above all this govt does not get that.

Why was Burhan Wani's funeral allowed. PDP wanted it and BJP could not stop it being the junior partner in the coalition. Don't know.

If you want to stop funerals turning into terrorists recruitment event then don't allow funerals.
                              This Mehbooba, this women, should be made to wear a bikini just to look like a fat pork, and made to dance to the tune of "Mehbooba Mehbooba" from Sholay. Traitor.

The thinking is with putting law & order under the centre that the infrastructure for these activities will be weakened with time.

If they cannot influence events in J&K then it is anticipated Paks will strike out in other parts of India. Then we will find out how well these security grids you told me we put in place since 26/11 work.
                              There are always slippages. Would be hell coming down on those F terrorist Pakistani Army, if an attack on a metro were to have casualties. PA is trying for a long time to cause a major terrorist attack, they haven't been successful in mainland India.

Comment

In a talk in 2014, Doval said India has more resources at its disposal and can pay more than the Paks. Dulat already did this when he was RAW chief. See how a brilliant idea can be subverted.

The Tangled Web of Kashmir | Medium | Aug 23 2019

Shah Faesal is an IB pawn. Heh

https://twitter.com/Ibne_Sena/status...32821841522689

More eye opening : (
                                I've talked about IB's, and all of those players of Kashmir's moneyball before. The same is true of IB's games in Assam during ULFA's hey days. Hope things are changing under the Modi government. Dulat, his talks always stinked of double speak. Asshat.

Comment

Working...
                                X