No announcement yet.

Your new administrator is here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dunno if this will require a new thread soon!

the new administrator continues to grow like a weed. this is a picture from 3 weeks ago, so he's changed quite a bit since then.

Click image for larger version

Name:	baby3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	204.6 KB
ID:	1476459

little guy will have some paying back to do when he's a bit older, though. people aren't kidding when they say the first year of baby tests a marriage like nothing else. sleep-deprived, stressed out Mama = a lot of holding it in for me as she lashes out. or, even worse, when i hear her sobbing in the bathroom when she's taking a shower.

this too will pass, but it's too damn bad that it's split between the joy of watching the kiddo start smiling and cooing, and the pain of the above. oof!
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
      dunno if this will require a new thread soon!

the new administrator continues to grow like a weed. this is a picture from 3 weeks ago, so he's changed quite a bit since then.

[ATTACH]45889[/ATTACH]

little guy will have some paying back to do when he's a bit older, though. people aren't kidding when they say the first year of baby tests a marriage like nothing else. sleep-deprived, stressed out Mama = a lot of holding it in for me as she lashes out. or, even worse, when i hear her sobbing in the bathroom when she's taking a shower.

this too will pass, but it's too damn bad that it's split between the joy of watching the kiddo start smiling and cooing, and the pain of the above. oof!
      Beaware of post partum depression and get her help if she needs it. Her body spent 9 months running on a different chemical formula with baby inside, now her body and mind basically going through chemical withdrawls.

Comment

Heh, he's already sticking out his tongue at the camera. :-)

Quick learner.
        "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

z,

Beaware of post partum depression and get her help if she needs it. Her body spent 9 months running on a different chemical formula with baby inside, now her body and mind basically going through chemical withdrawls.
          you sure weren't kidding about the PPD. it's gotten pretty serious, and what makes it worse that she refuses to get medical treatment for it. she absolutely refuses to take any medicine as she's breastfeeding, so now I'm trying to get her to at least talk to a therapist.

this is probably the most challenging year of my life-- and it's -not- the baby, at least not directly.
          There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Heh, the WAB is now ruled by a hereditary family now? Somebody liberate us from this Asian despotism already!
            All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.
            -Talmud Kohelet Rabbah, 7:16.

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
              z,

you sure weren't kidding about the PPD. it's gotten pretty serious, and what makes it worse that she refuses to get medical treatment for it. she absolutely refuses to take any medicine as she's breastfeeding, so now I'm trying to get her to at least talk to a therapist.

this is probably the most challenging year of my life-- and it's -not- the baby, at least not directly.
              I've only ever dealt with regular depression, but I'm assuming it manifests in broadly similar ways. I don't know if any of this helps, but it is a view from the other side of the glass, so to speak.

*If she won't take medication then try to make sure she doesn't feel isolated.
              *Talk but try not to judge.
              *Try to encourage her to talk to others, preferably professional, but family & friends help. Doesn't need to be about anything in particular, just the human connection helps.
              *Push gently, people can become resentful of too much interference.
              *Make sure she gets to do things she enjoys. Depression can make time drag interminably, doing happy things helps to break that up & connect you to your better self. it won't fix it, but it will help.
              *I used to feel really ashamed & reluctant to 'burden' others with something I felt was my fault. The feeling of failure makes it even worse.

All of this puts a lot on your shoulders. Dealing with someone who is depressed sucks and having to be their major support would suck mightily. On top of that there is a baby to take care of. Yikes! Make sure you take care of yourself. Talk, get advice & make sure you are supported too. You are no good to anyone else if you are no good to yourself. Hopefully this will pass.

Good luck mate. Don't be afraid to reach out to your WAB family in open forum or privately. We can't do much, but we will try. :-)
              sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                I've only ever dealt with regular depression, but I'm assuming it manifests in broadly similar ways. I don't know if any of this helps, but it is a view from the other side of the glass, so to speak.

*If she won't take medication then try to make sure she doesn't feel isolated.
                *Talk but try not to judge.
                *Try to encourage her to talk to others, preferably professional, but family & friends help. Doesn't need to be about anything in particular, just the human connection helps.
                *Push gently, people can become resentful of too much interference.
                *Make sure she gets to do things she enjoys. Depression can make time drag interminably, doing happy things helps to break that up & connect you to your better self. it won't fix it, but it will help.
                *I used to feel really ashamed & reluctant to 'burden' others with something I felt was my fault. The feeling of failure makes it even worse.

All of this puts a lot on your shoulders. Dealing with someone who is depressed sucks and having to be their major support would suck mightily. On top of that there is a baby to take care of. Yikes! Make sure you take care of yourself. Talk, get advice & make sure you are supported too. You are no good to anyone else if you are no good to yourself. Hopefully this will pass.

Good luck mate. Don't be afraid to reach out to your WAB family in open forum or privately. We can't do much, but we will try. :-)
                Amen.
                Trust me?
                I'm an economist!

Comment

Working...
                X