X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations :)

Comment

thanks everyone.

as you might imagine, mom's tired as all get out. silver lining to the NICU thing is that mom can rest a bit more than she would with a baby in tow.

for the time being, i get the uniquely pleasant experience of diaper-changing while the NICU nurses have a chuckle at my clumsiness. good times!
      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Congratulations to your lovely wife and to you on the new arrival! The Start of a new era! Enjoy! They say a ones wealth is measured in their children. I am a very rich man.. 8 children 16 grandchildren and 10 great grand children! so I would say that puts me on a par with Bill Gates! : ). looks like you and your lovely wife are off and running! Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
          thanks everyone.

as you might imagine, mom's tired as all get out. silver lining to the NICU thing is that mom can rest a bit more than she would with a baby in tow.

for the time being, i get the uniquely pleasant experience of diaper-changing while the NICU nurses have a chuckle at my clumsiness. good times!
          That short window passes quickly, it gets bad. However, it still has to be done. Get used to sleeping in 2 hour blocks and dreaming of the day you can add a bit of rice to the formula to stretch that window to four hours. Its the hardest and most important job you will ever do and the most rewarding. It also makes music sound funny... Songs like Simple Man and Fade In will make you tear up now.

Comment

Congratulations. Pray you (and he) do not have to deal with colic, well probably more he and she do not...

Comment

Congrats.

Have fun. Enjoy the ride. Remember all the mischief you got into, and the worries you caused your parents? Well its payback time

Comment

Congratulations!
                All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.
                -Talmud Kohelet Rabbah, 7:16.

Comment

thanks! kiddo is now back home from the NICU. let the sleepless nights commence!
                  There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Congratulations Asty! Wish the little one a long and happy life.
                    sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

Congrats!!!

I wish the little one a long and healthy and happy life. May god guide her/him to meet good people
                      Last edited by Big K; 19 Feb 18,, 08:49.
                      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

Just saw the thread. Congrats to all concerned. After all the excitement I'm sure you're enjoying that solid 8 hours you get every night.
                        If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

Maybe he is lucky like me. Our newborn, 9 years old tomorrow, slept through the nights right from the beginning. Nobody had to get up at night to tend to him.

Comment

the first few nights weren't too bad; had to wake him up every 4 hours for a feeding.

then the doc said he was gaining weight too fast, and for a glorious 3 weeks we could let him sleep through the night, with maybe a feeding in between.

then a week and a half ago, he was "gaining weight too slow", and now has to go through 2 hour feeds-- complete misery, as the baby had to be woken up, fed a moderate amount (too much and he'd throw it up), burped, and then put back to sleep. z's statement above came true!

cuteness keeps the baby alive!

Click image for larger version

Name:	geralt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	1476168

Comment

Gaining wait too fast, gaining weight to slow, can't say I heard that myself. Yet my son was 10lbs. 10oz. when born via C-section which is why he was C-section for a Filipina. The doc let me stand in for the surgery/delivery and the kid was big.

Comment

Just saw this. Congrats Asty!

Click image for larger version

Name:	5c10058f424465a7eb5b9ab105ffd617.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	1476175

Comment

Working...
                                X