Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your new administrator is here!

Congratulations

Administrator
    Lei Feng Protege
    Defense Professional
    thanks everyone.

as you might imagine, mom's tired as all get out. silver lining to the NICU thing is that mom can rest a bit more than she would with a baby in tow.

for the time being, i get the uniquely pleasant experience of diaper-changing while the NICU nurses have a chuckle at my clumsiness. good times!
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Congratulations to your lovely wife and to you on the new arrival! The Start of a new era! Enjoy! They say a ones wealth is measured in their children. I am a very rich man.. 8 children 16 grandchildren and 10 great grand children! so I would say that puts me on a par with Bill Gates! : ). looks like you and your lovely wife are off and running! Congratulations!

Staff Emeritus
    Military Professional
    Contrary by Nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by astralis View Post
    thanks everyone.

as you might imagine, mom's tired as all get out. silver lining to the NICU thing is that mom can rest a bit more than she would with a baby in tow.

for the time being, i get the uniquely pleasant experience of diaper-changing while the NICU nurses have a chuckle at my clumsiness. good times!
    That short window passes quickly, it gets bad. However, it still has to be done. Get used to sleeping in 2 hour blocks and dreaming of the day you can add a bit of rice to the formula to stretch that window to four hours. Its the hardest and most important job you will ever do and the most rewarding. It also makes music sound funny... Songs like Simple Man and Fade In will make you tear up now.

Congratulations. Pray you (and he) do not have to deal with colic, well probably more he and she do not...

Resident Curmudgeon Military Professional Gun Grape's Avatar
    Congrats.

Have fun. Enjoy the ride. Remember all the mischief you got into, and the worries you caused your parents? Well its payback time
    Its called Tourist Season. So why can't we shoot them?

Congratulations!
    All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.
    -Talmud Kohelet Rabbah, 7:16.

Administrator
    Lei Feng Protege
    Defense Professional
    thanks! kiddo is now back home from the NICU. let the sleepless nights commence!
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Thread Information