I think I'm in love.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by citanon View Post
    There's this < 8lb AR-10, which seems about the ideal hunting AR, but damn, ideal sure costs a lot of $$$$.

[ATTACH]45509[/ATTACH]

https://christensenarms.com/ca-10-dmr/
    Hunting AR? Hunting what - Chinese paratroopers? Who the hell needs an AR for hunting?
    If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Monash View Post
      Hunting AR? Hunting what - Chinese paratroopers? Who the hell needs an AR for hunting?
      AR’s are available in calibers such as .300 Whisper, 6.8, 6.5 Grendel, .243, .308, 6.5 Creedmoor etc etc. AR’s today are the most popular centerfire rifles sold in the USA and are commonly found in hunting fields. So the American hunter “is who” uses the AR as a basis as a hunting rifle.
      Last edited by surfgun; 10 Mar 18,, 13:56.

Comment

Big bears. Rule of thumb. Don't stop shooting until the bear stops moving. Though .308 is a bit too much gun for coyote/dingo/pigs, the ARs and AKs in the .223 and 7.62x39 are ideal.
        Chimo

Comment

About the only thing that would offer a hunter a desire to buy one of these (aside from the tacticool features) is the pistol grip and maybe a forward grip but these are personal preferences. Other than that, I don't see any substantial advantage over a traditional wood finish rifle. Personally, I preferred a well treated wood. Just feel more accurate but then, that's just me.
          Chimo

Comment

I’m really fond of the 6.5 Grendel it bucks the wind very nicely, stays supersonic past 1,000 yards. It is basically a twin ballistically to the old .257 Roberts.

Comment

i'm not sure ceaseless idea justifies the complexity, battle rifle should be simple, rugged, light accurate, and reliable. yea you save few grams on the case, but add complexity.

modern rifles are pretty good as it is, besides an 94 abakan there has not been anything really new, just improvements. but even russian army is not getting it. it is too expensive and complicated. ak108 series,. and AEK with opposite pistons fixes accuracy issues ak has in full auto, but even those see very limited use, and it's AEK mostly ak108 is not even in production.

btw, whisper family rounds are subsonic, with long bullets with high cross sectional density, unless you use suppressor and barrel with fast twist they are not a great choice.
              "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Semi-automatics have been popular hunting rifles for 50 years. An AR is really nothing more than a semiauto platform. Look at it that way and the logic falls into place. I have been using AR-15's to hunt deer for many years. Lightweight, accurate, light recoil, and hold up to the wet weather I contend with. i also use a SA-58 for deer and elk. the .308 used by my SA-58 has been a popular deer cartridge since before I was born. I dont "need" them per say, but you cant deny they are actually great hunting rifles, and there is no reason not to use them if you so desire. Lastly, I do a lot of solo hunting and a semi-auto gives peace of mind when you encounter a couger or bear, which I do more often that I want. Just to be clear, when hunting I have to use 5 round magazines and I still work for one shot kills.
                Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

I don't know how I got away with it with the wife, but I've built 3.5 ARs this year. The first one back in the spring was in 6.8 SPC, which Special Forces played with. Nice and accurate.

The second was in 6.5 Grendel. I was having accuracy issues with the original barrel. Of the four, it was the only complete upper I bought and had an AR Stoner barrel. I was getting 5-6 inch groups at 200 yds. My new 24" barrel fixed that, I think.

Third was a big one in .450 Bushmaster. Makes big holes.

I'm currently building a .224 Valkyrie, which I hope to use at 500 yds. My new Grendel should do well out there too, but I haven't tried it yet.

Below is the results of my new Grendel barrel at 200 yds.

Comment

I see good things in the future for this gun. Congratulations.
                    Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

I only own 6.5 Grendel uppers that were built by Alexander Arms. Bill Alexander is the father of the cartridge and I trust that he knows how to make the most of the round.

Comment

YOU'VE GOT TO BE SHITTING ME!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a .50BMG long action semi-auto with the supposed kick of a 7mm Mag mauser action
                        Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 28 Nov 19,, 03:27.
                        Chimo

Comment

Something about the breach of a .50 BMG that close to one’s face.

Comment

$15 G’s.
                            http://www.tacticalimports.ca/gm6-lynx-p-3.html

Comment

Stupid thing is ... there will be buyers ... and I'm envious. But this is way too much gun for me in more ways than one.
                              Chimo

Comment

Working...
                              X