• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
    I had to take rickshaws everywhere

The only way to travel!

Comment

Where else is India going to get state-of-the-art weapons?
      Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
        From others, Russia's share of the pie will reduce not grow unless they somehow dramatically improve on delivery schedules

The General in the video posted made it clear, during the 60s - 80s, there was no problem because it was one country, post 90s there were fifteen states with production spread all over. Terms became difficult, schedules slipped while costs increased

Weapons is a niche industry for Russia, if oil prices peak around 2025 their primary source of income is going to dwindle a decade from now. Nothing is changing there, the people in charge think things are not so bad to make any changes. Talk about structural reforms for over a decade now all hot air

Given how interminably long the whole arms buying decisions are anything agreed on today is ready a decade from now. Why is India going to continue to order from Russia in that case
        Last edited by Double Edge; 30 Jan 18,, 21:18.

Comment

A prototype industry already exists in india but mass production has been a problem. The indian govt has not been able to get the private sector on board.

For eg: The indian govt wants to mass produce an indian fighter jet prototype (tejas) but no one in the indian private sector knows how to proceed with it. So the govt is forcing the prototype industry to mass produce it.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
            From others, Russia's share of the pie will reduce not grow unless they somehow dramatically improve on delivery schedules

The General in the video posted made it clear, during the 60s - 80s, there was no problem because it was one country, post 90s there were fifteen states with production spread all over. Terms became difficult, schedules slipped while costs increased

Weapons is a niche industry for Russia, if oil prices peak around 2025 their primary source of income is going to dwindle a decade from now. Nothing is changing there, the people in charge think things are not so bad to make any changes. Talk about structural reforms for over a decade now all hot air

Given how interminably long the whole arms buying decisions are anything agreed on today is ready a decade from now. Why is India going to continue to order from Russia in that case
            None of the other sellers are going to disrupt the Indo-Pak balance while Pakistan is actively seeking Chinese J-20s. Also, Russia is the only one offerring battle management systems and training.
            Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by Pedicabby View Post
              The only way to travel!
              Not when you're being charge 300 Rs. for a 4km drive. That happened once, my first trip, from the bus terminal in old downtown to UB City. After I found out the legal rate, I would only allow the rickshaw drivers to charge me a 50% premium on top of the legal rate. :-)
              Last edited by Ironduke; 30 Jan 18,, 23:18.
              "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

None of the other sellers are going to disrupt the Indo-Pak balance while Pakistan is actively seeking Chinese J-20s.
                What is the connection between other sellers and j-20. And what after J-20.

Do sellers first consider what Pakistan is doing or close the contract with a bigger buyer

Also, Russia is the only one offerring battle management systems and training.
                Things can change. Right now, Russia has been very important that it is inconceivable to think otherwise

If the world wants India as a partner then they're going to have to show their interest
                Last edited by Double Edge; 31 Jan 18,, 00:33.

Comment

Not when you're being charge 300 Rs. for a 4km drive. That happened once, my first trip, from the bus terminal in old downtown to UB City. After I found out the legal rate, I would only allow the rickshaw drivers to charge me a 50% premium on top of the legal rate. :-)
                  What time of day did you take this trip ?

50% over the meter only applies after 9pm or if it suddenly starts pouring heavily.

I've had friends visit me from abroad. Blonde hair or white means the rates jump 100%. So i'd tell them to wait several metres down the road. I'd hail a rick, then stop and pick them up.

Loved the look on the bastards faces after : D

Comment

What is the connection between other sellers and j-20. And what after J-20.
                    I don't know but you're involved with the FA project right now and is on schedule for delivery if you should undertake production.

Do sellers first consider what Pakistan is doing or close the contract with a bigger buyer
                    Look at what they're currently offerring. Only Russia is offerring bleeding edge.

Things can change. Right now, Russia has been very important that it is inconceivable to think otherwise

If the world wants India as a partner then they're going to have to show their interest
                    Worry about today. Let tomorrow take care of tomorrow.
                    Chimo

Comment

What time of day did you take this trip ?

50% over the meter only applies after 9pm or if it suddenly starts pouring heavily.

I've had friends visit me from abroad. Blonde hair or white means the rates jump 100%. So i'd tell them to wait several metres down the road. I'd hail a rick, then stop and pick them up.

Loved the look on the bastards faces after : D
                      Early afternoon, bright and sunny out.
                      "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Early afternoon, bright and sunny out.
                        heh, yeah. Figured out of towner and lucked out. This happens even with people that are from out of state let alone from abroad. Brutal. Pure market at play. Buyer beware bla bla.

The contrast with how regimented NYC is compared to Bangalore. They can't refuse you if its to any of the 5 boroughs. The meter is fixed. If you find it isn't they lose their shield.

Here its more free, the driver decides if he wants to go there depending on how busy, they usually go by the meter but it can be rigged to run 20% faster. Usually business hours are the easiest with ricks. Outside those hours its trickier, end of the day is tough but hailing on a busy road will always be better than a quiet one.

More competition makes them more agreeable. Allowing a few thousand more ricks say or cabs.

I'm surprised smartphones can distance track fairly well. On the odd few trips i've taken the odometer hasn't been too far off
                        Last edited by Double Edge; 31 Jan 18,, 01:32.

Comment

I don't know but you're involved with the FA project right now and is on schedule for delivery if you should undertake production.
                          Sounds like a good deal if it ever happens. Recall there being a thread on the board about it

India undertaking production is similar to what the Israelis want to do as well

Look at what they're currently offerring. Only Russia is offerring bleeding edge.

Worry about today. Let tomorrow take care of tomorrow.
                          Has India expressed interest with other sellers ? why assume the door is always shut

Comment

Has India expressed interest with other sellers ? why assume the door is always shut
                            Simple. Delivery schedules. You don't want the F-35 when the X-wing comes on line.
                            Chimo

Comment

Haha it does not work that way. Your understanding of the world order is flawed at the foundational level.

Geopolitics is not laissez faire capitalism. No one is going to break the balance FOR YOU. Do you understand what it means to cancel a balance?

Comment

Originally posted by anil View Post
                                Haha it does not work that way. Your understanding of the world order is flawed at the foundational level.
                                ya, work harder on increasing your input in this place. We're all dying for you to enlighten us. Stick your neck out some more.

Geopolitics is not laissez faire capitalism. No one is going to break the balance FOR YOU. Do you understand what it means to cancel a balance?
                                They have been courting India rather ferociously in the last few years. The nuke deal is just one example for you. We are amongst the top arms customers out there. yeah, we matter.

What fickin' balance ? the world wants to maintain an Indo -pak balance but the India - China one does not matter.

This you want me to believe ?
                                Last edited by Double Edge; 31 Jan 18,, 14:26.

Comment

Working...
                                X