Darkest hour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkest hour

I always thought Gary Oldman was a quality actor, I didn't realize he was this good!

Going to see that in 2 hours. Really excited about it.
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
      Similar to the theatre in that its about the acting and the narrative coupled with A real situation where different characters either come to the fore and lead or fall by the wayside into the political abyss....
      Last edited by Toby; 20 Jan 18,, 23:44.

Comment

What was your opinion pal?

Comment

Originally posted by Toby View Post
          What was your opinion pal?
          Forgot to respond lol.

Excellent, simply excellent movie and portrayal. Gary Oldman is a modern Olivier.
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

On my to do list ASAP!!!

Hell I finally saw The Last Jedi last weekend!
            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
            Mark Twain

Comment

Forgot to respond lol.

Excellent, simply excellent movie and portrayal. Gary Oldman is a modern Olivier.
              one expression here would be 'he played a blinder!' or another would be ' The lad nailed it'

Comment

Originally posted by Toby View Post
                I always thought Gary Oldman was a quality actor, I didn't realize he was this good!
                So many diverse roles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3S_qqhL_4A

Didn't even know who he was when i watched that

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                  So many diverse roles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3S_qqhL_4A

Didn't even know who he was when i watched that
                  He's a chameleon..which is probably why I admire his work

George smiley is the great unsaid and Oldman can do it no problem

Comment

Comment

Cannot reason with a tiger when you have your head in its mouth

There's a lesson from the ages

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                        Cannot reason with a tiger when you have your head in its mouth

There's a lesson from the ages
                        great words, great delivery

Comment

Yes, he is a nice actor! At this point, his performances are definitely worthy to see them! I enjoy watching his role-plays.Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by toddpierce View Post
                            Yes, he is a nice actor! At this point, his performances are definitely worthy to see them! I enjoy watching his role-plays.Thanks for sharing!
                            Toddpierce,

Welcome to the WAB! We hope you find this a great place to engage on National Security matters with folks spanning the globe.

We ask our new members to go this this thread and introduce themselves. Tell us a bit about you and why you joined. Also what your chief interests are, etc.

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/sho...62#post1007162

After that we recommend you go to this thread and see some of the best ways to have a productive stay on the WAB.

Thanks

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/showthread.php?t=46580
                            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                            Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                            X