This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
    Basically what we're seeing is the revival of what the Germans called der große lüge.
    Actually what we are seeing is an academic being a grandstanding deuch bag, passing off personal opinions under the thin cloak of scholarship.

Not that Trump isn't also one, but at least he got elected.
    Last edited by citanon; 31 Jan 18,, 15:57.

Comment

• Looks like the 'secret society' guy isn't running for re-election.

That brings the number of committee chairmans retiring to 8 out of 21.

Gowdy won't seek reelection

For years, House Oversight Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy has joked privately about quitting Congress and returning home to South Carolina.

On Wednesday, he finally pulled the plug.

A rising star that many Republicans once considered a dark-horse for speaker of the House, the former federal prosecutor said he would not seek reelection or any political office and would instead return to the justice system.
      https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...lection-380231
      "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
        At you. Prove it!
        Did you even see the joke that is the recent US Treasury Department 241 Report on Muscovites who might be sactioned which appears to be a cut and past of Forbes Russian rich list and who's who from Kremlin websites?

Did you hear about 'Maison L'Amitee'? Any of the various meetings - I think those who count such things say that 14 or 16 of the Trump campaign - let alone the server at Trump Tower - had contacts with Moscow yet Trump continues to say it is all a 'hoax' and is trying to discredit Mueller's investigation. Why all the lies? Why was Comey fired - according to Trump because "Trump and Russia is a hoax" - why can't he release his tax returns? Ever hear of the 'dossier' - the prosecution where Carter Page was involved? If you wish to blind yourself I cannot prove to you that the sky is blue but your self inflicted blindness is the reason and not the facts or a fault with my vision.

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
          If you wish to blind yourself I cannot prove to you that the sky is blue but your self inflicted blindness is the reason and not the facts or a fault with my vision.
          Sorry, I don't believe in unicorns and I certainly do not believe your poor attempt at very circumstantial and guilty by association suggestions as anything even remotely close to proof. Your active imagination does not meet the criteria of proof.
          Chimo

Comment

• There is plenty of circumstantial evidence to justify the Mueller investigation. It seems pretty straightforward that the meeting between Trump Jr., Manafort, and Kushner with Veselnitskaya and Akhmetshin was criminal conspiracy and the attempts of Trump Jr. and possibly Trump to cover it up and mislead investigatiors regarding the true nature of the meeting would be misprision of a felony.
            Last edited by Ironduke; 31 Jan 18,, 22:19.

Comment

There is plenty of circumstantial evidence to justify the Mueller investigation. It seems pretty straightforward that the meeting between Trump Jr., Manafort, and Kushner with Veselnitskaya and Akhmetshin was criminal conspiracy and the attempts of Trump Jr. and possibly Trump to cover it up and mislead investigatiors regarding the true nature of the meeting would be misprision of a felony.
              And after a year of investigation, nothing. to the point of fishing for evidence that has nothing to do with the election. Whatever actionable intel there was has long past it's expiry date. Iran-Contra didn't take this long.
              Chimo

Comment

And after a year of investigation, nothing. to the point of fishing for evidence that has nothing to do with the election. Whatever actionable intel there was has long past it's expiry date. Iran-Contra didn't take this long.
                Considering the speed at which these types of investigations move at, even a two-year investigation is expeditious. No statutes are going to expire during the time-frame of the Mueller investigation. I hardly expect that conspiracy and obstruction charges would be front-loaded, that's end game stuff.

Iran-Contra took much longer. Indictments were still being handed down as late as June 1992, and the final report of the independent counsel was on August 4, 1993. That's 6 years, 7 months, 17 days. If the Mueller investigation doesn't conclude by January 2, 2024, then one can say "Iran-Contra didn't take this long."
                Last edited by Ironduke; 31 Jan 18,, 23:16.

Comment

• The facts were long out by this point. Weapons sales to Iran and funding to Contra. Those were already discovered. We have yet to discover anything remotely considered collusion.
                  Chimo

Comment

The facts were long out by this point. Weapons sales to Iran and funding to Contra. Those were already discovered. We have yet to discover anything remotely considered collusion.
                    I believe the facts are out, and draw the opposite conclusion. There is enough evidence to make charges of conspiracy. Regardless of whether or not anybody was given the goods, and there's a wealth of circumstantial evidence to back up such charges, from Papadopoulos to the Trump Tower meeting to the Roger Stone-Guccifer 2.0 communications.

Comment

• Let's step back a bit. We know the Russians hacked the DNC servers. We know the Russians contacted the Trump camp to show them the goods to sell. We have no evidence that the Trump team bought the goods and we have no evidence that the Trump team told the Russians to release the info.

I keep waiting for the smoking gun and not only do I not see any smokle, I just hear a lot of sirens.
                      Chimo

Comment

Let's step back a bit. We know the Russians hacked the DNC servers. We know the Russians contacted the Trump camp to show them the goods to sell. We have no evidence that the Trump team bought the goods and we have no evidence that the Trump team told the Russians to release the info.

I keep waiting for the smoking gun and not only do I not see any smokle, I just hear a lot of sirens.
                        Conspiracy to solicit material from a foreign government, which were the criminal proceeds of said foreign government in violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act. That is my takeaway from the Trump Tower meeting.

Comment

Conspiracy to solicit material from a foreign government, which were the criminal proceeds of said foreign government in violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act. That is my takeaway from the Trump Tower meeting.
                          Zero evidence in the public domain that Wiki is a foreign power. The meeting at Trump Tower was with a Fusion GPS employee. You've yet to square that circle. She was a Clinton plant. Not only that but Clinton uses illegal cut outs to hide spending on the dossier to source dirt from Russia. You are OK with this. Yet a Russian national allegedly offers to give dirt to the Trump team for free violating no laws and your pan ties are twisted tighter than my winch rope.

Comment

• Originally posted by citanon View Post
                            Actually what we are seeing is an academic being a grandstanding deuch bag, passing off personal opinions under the thin cloak of scholarship.

Not that Trump isn't also one, but at least he got elected.
                            You don't have to be an academic, a grandstander, or a douchebag to see that they're 100% correct. Trump lies about the smallest, most petty things. Constantly.
                            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
                              Zero evidence in the public domain that Wiki is a foreign power. The meeting at Trump Tower was with a Fusion GPS employee. You've yet to square that circle. She was a Clinton plant. Not only that but Clinton uses illegal cut outs to hide spending on the dossier to source dirt from Russia. You are OK with this. Yet a Russian national allegedly offers to give dirt to the Trump team for free violating no laws and your pan ties are twisted tighter than my winch rope.
                              L. Ron Hubbard would be proud is all I can say.

Comment

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
                                Zero evidence in the public domain that Wiki is a foreign power.
                                A "non-state intelligence service" according to Pompeo that just happens to get hold of Muscovite hacked DNC emails yet praised by the Trump child.

Comment

Working...
                                X