Page 125 of 125 FirstFirst ... 116117118119120121122123124125
Results 1,861 to 1,865 of 1865

Thread: 2018 American Political Scene

Administrator
    Lei Feng Protege
    Defense Professional
    There are already enforcement agencies that exist to pursue crimes and you should trust them to do their jobs. The only reason you should be launching independent Congressional inquiries is when you do NOT trust the executive to be doing its job correctly, such as if Trump were ordering the IRS to not investigate his taxes. If Mueller wants to supbonea tax records, then he can state that he wants to supbonea tax records, or any other financial records.

There's no "right to know" the financial details of any politician. This is an utterly absurd tradition. Establish probable cause and follow the pre-established enforcement mechanisms, same as for any other citizen.
    given what we know about how Trump tried to put pressure on Comey and publicly bombarded members of the executive (from entire agencies to his own Cabinet all the way down to individual FBI agents), there's, ah, some question in regards to the "executive doing its job correctly". Sessions was forced out precisely because he recused himself from the Russia investigation, after all.

anyways, yes, there's no inherent "right to know" regarding the financial/tax records of the President. it's not a right, but a norm. and there's enough sketchiness there that it's been clear that Mueller has been walking in and around that territory during the course of the investigation, and in doing so got the President to state that further inquiry would be a "red line" for him.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Top is a democrat, never knew that.
    No sir, I am not a democrat, not enough close. My disdain for Donald Trump is no indication of my political leanings.

To be clear, I am a center-right libertarian (note the lower-case 'el') with a deep (seething, actually) distrust of demagogues and their zealot followers, regardless of political stripe.

In general, I have contempt for Republicans for their strong tendency towards pseudoscience and paranoid conspiracy theories (not limited to Republicans, but they clearly revel in them).

I hold Democrats in contempt for their moonbat starry-eyed kumbaya utopian dreamer attitudes and pathological hypocrisy (also not limited to Dems but they tend to be the most egregious offenders)
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by DOR View Post
    OK, OK, I admit it.
    You didn't say "OMG."

Happy?
    Nope.

For the part of my post that you quoted - China has less arable land, it is buying farmlands in foreign countries to farm and feed its people. Nothing wrong in that. But, you'd always see conspiracy. Your idea to troll me, quoting my posts in part, without understanding the tone of my post, is at best silly. Your the only person here who don't own up your own mistakes/comments, nor can you take criticisms. Classic leftist whining.

Now, own up the full part, or bugger off. I don't have time for your nonsensical rants.

Quote Originally Posted by TopHatter View Post
    No sir, I am not a democrat, not enough close. My disdain for Donald Trump is no indication of my political leanings.

To be clear, I am a center-right libertarian (note the lower-case 'el') with a deep (seething, actually) distrust of demagogues and their zealot followers, regardless of political stripe.

In general, I have contempt for Republicans for their strong tendency towards pseudoscience and paranoid conspiracy theories (not limited to Republicans, but they clearly revel in them).

I hold Democrats in contempt for their moonbat starry-eyed kumbaya utopian dreamer attitudes and pathological hypocrisy (also not limited to Dems but they tend to be the most egregious offenders)
    It was sarcasm. Antimony fell for the bait too.

Your and my political ideologies are mostly similar. I am centre-right when it comes to economy. I believe in opening up of borders for goods to flow unrestricted, opening up whatever restrictions are there in the economy, with a caveat that countries like China doesn't have the upper hand and dump their goods into my country. If they however continue to do, fine that country till kingdom come. So, you see, it pleases me no end to see China bitching about the US presently.

When it comes to Pak/China and their sponsoring terrorists and stoking insurgents, I'm a neo-con. I want whatever it is to be done, done. Bomb those countries for all I care. Which is why I want our defense forces to purchase more US equipments, and the relationship to progress rapidly. But you see, after Indira we didn't have a single leader with balls.

When it comes to personal laws and liberty, I am centre-left. I want LGTBQ to have equal rights. I want minorities to have equal representation and rights. More women in the economy etc. Religious bigots getting jailed. Freedom to eat whatever you want.

I also am loving it when I see the INC goons getting a drubbing in elections. This leftist block is a cancer on India and has hold its growth for decades. Not that the right is any better, as we have loudmouths shooting from their ass and stoking communal fire from time to time.

Having said that, whatever be the affiliations, one must always be held accountable to law and punished. Only the Constitution is supreme.
    Last edited by Oracle; Yesterday at 03:30.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles!

Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain!

Senior Contributor
    So did Manafort. Trumpkin has denied that Moscow even interfered... but the indictments tell a different story. Look Manafort wrote to Konstantin Kilimnik (also know as "Kostya from the GRU") while he was campaign manager for Turnip and asked him to tell Deripaska (a pal of Putin's) "If he needs private briefings we can accommodate". That is direct outreach from the Trumpkin campaign to Muscovite intel and a direct line to the Kremlin. When you take all the 'coincidental connections' into a whole it is impossible for anyone with the faintest idea of how Muscovite 'active operations' works to call them 'coincidences'. How do you account for the fact that Brit's, Dutch, French, Poles (and others) were warning the FBI of Muscovite connections to Trumpkin in 2016? Were they all wrong too? Why did he fire Comey? Well we know because he said - the "Russia thing". Why fire Sessions? Because he recused himself from the "Russia thing". No no no... There are never so many coincidences - only reasons and motives.

Senior Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by WABs_OOE View Post
    Carter Page was never in Moscow when he was advising the Truimp Campaign. You're zero for 1.
    You are mistaken. He most certainly was. He was announced as a "foreign policy adviser" on March 21, 2016 and visited Moscow July 7 and 8, 2016. He said the campaign authorised his visit.

Not during his campaign. Zero for 2.
    But did he lie when proclaimed he never had anything to do with Moscow?

Sessions ignored him. 0 for 3.
    Papadapolous's trips to Italy, Greece and Britain were again ok'ed by the campaign.

1 - You got the wrong guy. He's Konstantin Kilimnik. 2 - The UKR says he as not worked for the IRI for over 10 years. Not that UKR Intel ranks amongst the world's best but I do assume that they could find a very public traitor in their own midst. 0 for 4
    Kosty from the GRU fled Ukraine. I wonder where he is?

Which the FBI is 100% certain that neither party was acting under Putin's orders. 0 for 5
    If you think Natalia Veselnitskaya is not working for Putin against the Magnitsy laws and sanctions you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Both have been detailed by the FBI to have nothing to do with co-ordinating with Putin. 0 for 6 and 7.
    Where exactly does the FBI say that? Or perhaps they told you privately?

Whoopee doo. A desperate enterpreur looking for loans. 0 for 8.
    Well perhaps but the Manager of that bank in New York was involved in the former case that involved Carter Page and for which one (or maybe two - I forget offhand) SVR Muscovites got prison terms for spying. The Managing Director is ex FSB and was appointed by Putin. But no asking for a loan from such people, while perhaps unwise, is not in itself criminal. Makes me wonder why he could not get a loan of a Yank bank or if it was really loans he was talking about. Nobody is ever "ex KGB" said Putin.

Putin trusting any operational details with Trump would have been the most idiotic dumb mistake a Spymaster could have made. Putin is the one who clandestinely snuck NBC weapons into the UK. He's not dumb enough to trust blabbermouth Trump.
    You do not get it... Look Putin does not have to be 'constructive' - he doesn't give a flying f*ck if he gets caught. All he has to do - as far as he is concerned - is to be destructive, cause chaos. He's does't give a damn about Trumpkin - he's just another useful idiot that he can manipulate.

I don't need your wild ass crap for brain education. Your stupid thinking would make the most idiotic money laundering schemes there is.

Who was money laundering? Trump? He reported where the money came from. Rybolovlev. Was Rybolovlev doing the money laundering? He just spent $95mil. Money that he will never see again. Great money laundering scheme.
    The whole point of money laundering is that people who have 'dirty money' have to pay a premium to buy assets which they can subsequently sell honestly and have 'clean money'. Houses in Kensington London, appartments in New York whatever... If the 'dirty money' is accepted it get's transformed into an asset (usually of an offshore company). Trumpkin did not only do the Maison Amitee deal but much more - did he ever look at where the money came from? He was knowingly laundering dirty Muscovite money but that gives them a hold over him too.

I don't care what you call it. The real world does not use your bullshit to judge treason. You cherry pick facts and then put in lies to fit your narrative.

I'm still calling bullshit.
    Now this bit of is amusing... by calling this "bullshit" do you mean none of it happened? Or that is not a basis for judgement of treason? Did Trumpkin lie when he said he never had anything to do with Moscow?

Thread Information