This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Versus View Post
    Well, I don't know what to think anymore, frankly. Our govt appointed Tony Blair to be a chieff lobbyist for our side, in negotiations with Pristina. How bizarre is that? So much for us being Russian, bi..es. From the news that I've heard MI-6 is running an absolute circus in Bosnia with Republika Srpska. Its surreal, Salvador Dali level.
    I said you can vote either by ballot or by bullet. I didn't say you get a good government with your vote.
    Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
      I said you can vote either by ballot or by bullet. I didn't say you get a good government with your vote.
      Agreed completly.

Comment

• Yep, the depolyment...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/thenational/...lway-1.4882321

Comment

All forms of government are democracies. You vote either by ballot or by bullet.
          I never thought along these lines. We have either multiple crooks sitting on the Parliament, or just 1. Makes no difference, we're still screwed. Sir, since this is QOTD, maybe some of us here can fund your trip to Phuket? Go out, see the beach, have tender coconut and come back.

Versus, the IQ link that you gave lists India's average IQ at 82, worse than your country. IQ, EQ, SQ and there was one more which I can't re-call right now are good for nothing topics. How do we determine which person is smarter just by IQ. Someone's IQ might be very less, but then he could be having extreme survival skills that we urban dwellers lack. My childhood friends are not very educated, but when I go to fishing trips with them, while I remain busy drinking and cooking, they catch fish in 5 mins of landing their hooks in the water. So, the fish either loves them, or they have skills which I can never have. My friends would also do better in a nuke armageddon scenario as they have excellent jungle survival skills. I would perish. One more thing, 6-7 years back, I was drunk one night and was fooling in the cyber-space when I came across this IQ test. I took it. I scored 113. So, being sober I would score 500 maybe?

It was 2013, January. Glad I have it in my e-mail.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IQ.png
Views:	2
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	1477570

When it comes to survival, the motivation to get one's hands and feet dirty, to do well, give kids food and education trumps everything. Some people call that HQ = hard-work quotient.

P.S. Among many things, I can make a spatula from a 2 inch diameter bamboo. For me, this is a show-off achievement, not bloody IQ.
          Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
            I never thought along these lines. We have either multiple crooks sitting on the Parliament, or just 1. Makes no difference, we're still screwed. Sir, since this is QOTD, maybe some of us here can fund your trip to Phuket? Go out, see the beach, have tender coconut and come back.

Versus, the IQ link that you gave lists India's average IQ at 82, worse than your country. IQ, EQ, SQ and there was one more which I can't re-call right now are good for nothing topics. How do we determine which person is smarter just by IQ. Someone's IQ might be very less, but then he could be having extreme survival skills that we urban dwellers lack. My childhood friends are not very educated, but when I go to fishing trips with them, while I remain busy drinking and cooking, they catch fish in 5 mins of landing their hooks in the water. So, the fish either loves them, or they have skills which I can never have. My friends would also do better in a nuke armageddon scenario as they have excellent jungle survival skills. I would perish. One more thing, 6-7 years back, I was drunk one night and was fooling in the cyber-space when I came across this IQ test. I took it. I scored 113. So, being sober I would score 500 maybe?

[ATTACH]47090[/ATTACH]

When it comes to survival, the motivation to get one's hands and feet dirty, to do well, give kids food and education trumps everything. Some people call that HQ = hard-work quotient.

P.S. Among many things, I can make a spatula from a 2 inch diameter bamboo. For me, this is a show-off achievement, not bloody IQ.
            Most online IQ tests are also limited in their scope of assessment compared to what we use for Psychological evaluations these days. Many of these online tests are also highly influenced by cultural bias and can be difficult for those who aren't strong speakers of English, since they are commonly targeted towards an educated, Western population. Today's actual IQ assessment batteries use a combination of written tests, physical tasks, and audio stimuli to assess the full spectrum of cognitive abilities which include those normally assessed by neurologists such as auditory and visual processing of stimuli. These are the tests we use to discern intellectually disabled and intellectually gifted persons from the normative population. They are also a pain in the ass to administer, requiring multiple sessions and extensive examiner practice/training to gather results in a fair, standardized, and competent manner.

Bottom line is anyone using online IQ test score statistics to compare the "national intellect" of different nations is at best ignorant, and at worst deliberately misleading.
            Last edited by Red Team; 02 Nov 18,, 03:17.
            "Draft beer, not people."

Comment

[ATTACH]47090[/ATTACH]

IQ does not guarantee that you will be successful in life, its nothing more than a potential and not some sort of power that makes you superior over others with low IQ. People with high IQ's often suck in most basic functions, have tough socialization processes and are in general, pretty miserable in life if they are not in the environment where they can express their potential.

Comment

IQ does not guarantee that you will be successful in life, its nothing more than a potential and not some sort of power that makes you superior over others with low IQ. People with high IQ's often suck in most basic functions, have tough socialization processes and are in general, pretty miserable in life if they are not in the environment where they can express their potential.
                Contrasting posts. Earlier you said this -
                So regarding the "Caravan" story, the narrative is the same. Arround 7000, who knows what "refugees" and migrants are poised to come to the US. Big deal, 7000 is nothing. Yes, it is nothing NOW, but if they pass and US bends down to their demands, than you will have an invasion of low iq thirdworlders to the US. Being low IQ they will be unable to get a job or do anything meaningfull in the US. So what options they have? Either to live off social wellfare or to turn to crime. Left adores criminal behaviour and it adores giving handouts in order to get votes. So as the criminal rates go higher, the law abiding citizens will have fewer and fewer options, because the rule of law is gone, there is no predictability, there are no rules. So what they will do except to take law into their own hands. Trump is no good, Clinton is no good, than who is good?

Smith and Wesson.

And its only downhill from there.
                The poor farmer, anywhere in the 3rd world, who toils on his land all day, yearlong, and grows food that you and me eat, including exporting it to developed countries, what could be his IQ? He has no knowledge of the internet, have unreliable power and no TV, depends on forecasts by looking at the sky and years of experience, his IQ please?

In some topics, your posts are a treat to read in a funny way (like your discussion about incel and with snapper & ID), you don't lose it even when provoked, but most of your posts are just thoughtless.
                Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

The poor farmer, anywhere in the 3rd world, who toils on his land all day, yearlong, and grows food that you and me eat, including exporting it to developed countries, what could be his IQ? He has no knowledge of the internet, have unreliable power and no TV, depends on forecasts by looking at the sky and years of experience, his IQ please?
                  For a thought exercise let's turn this around, how many Ivy-League educated lawyers and doctors know how to maintain a farm with zero access to the amenities of a first world nation? Does the inability to do so mean they are of "low IQ?"

Back to the original point with migrants, we already know the notion that refugees and migrants coming into the US having inherently lower intellect is completely wrong. We have the many descendants of Irish and Italian immigrants from the early 1900s to attest to that.

Of course, the decision of how many the US will let in should be at the discretion of our government which---with perhaps some misguided optimism---one would hope to be a decision made out of pragmatism rather than ideology.
                  Last edited by Red Team; 02 Nov 18,, 16:25.
                  "Draft beer, not people."

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
                    as you've said, this is of course a different argument than the one that Versus is making. nutritional deficiencies can be corrected, education can be improved. on the other hand, if the going-in argument is that people from the "south" are naturally more stupid than people in the north, then not so much.
                    People from the Global South might very well have a lower max IQ than people from the Global North, it's not like we would know given our current information. Versus is obviously coming up with a just-so story that can't be justified and ultimately won't even make sense because the Global South is geographically quite distinct.

Being low IQ doesn't mean that you will go and suffer in life. It just means that you will suck at math, abstract thinking and languages. Benefits of low IQ are that you will get a lots of attention from women, because they tend to adore "bad boys" more than nerds. In essence it means that US science will suffer and you will loose technological edge and military strenght, because IQ limit for US Military is 83. But you will get excellent singers, lovers, fighters,cooks etc. Feminists will love them, as they already announced.
                    I'm not sure if you hang out with stupid people a lot, but they are not status winners. To the extent they are reproductive winners, it is because low IQ people are more likely to have poor impulse control, and will meet up with other low IQ people and have low IQ babies.

To the extent there is a preference for "bad boys," it's a preference for rich, relatively tame Bad Boys like Christian Gray from 50 Shades of Gray. He's a high IQ billionaire with some quirks. Low IQ "Bad Boy" means opium addiction, gang shootings, etc. This is NOT what educated, well-off women want.

You gotta take a step back from the Dark Enlightenment thinking and comment sections, those guys have an extremely myopic view.

There's definitely MORE involved than just IQ. IQ is just correlated positively with practically every single positive life outcome you would want. Sure, you need to work hard, but people with high IQ don't necessarily work less hard and people with low IQ don't necessarily work harder.
                    At a national level, good institutions help out a ton, and can make even low IQ people productive. If your choice is to be IQ 100 in North Korea or IQ 80 in the US, you want to be in the US, because the institutions are so much better that the IQ penalty doesn't matter.
                    "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Team View Post
                      For a thought exercise let's turn this around, how many Ivy-League educated lawyers and doctors know how to maintain a farm with zero access to the amenities of a first world nation? Does the inability to do so mean they are of "low IQ?"
                      Good point. And the answer to your question is NO.

I've seen tribals almost to the point of nomads who don't know the mainstream local language or even Hindi (in India), live in remote jungles with clan-members ranging from 10-20. A small village in itself. The government doesn't know about them, they aren't enrolled in the voting list and as such get no help from the state. They get by raising hens, ducks, livestock, paddy and vegetables. They live isolated, which means they don't suffer from communicable diseases. They build bamboo-cum-wooden huts on their own. Once in a month they come down from the hills, sell their stuff, buy some stuff they need and go back. These are people who'd last when all of us die (I'm thinking a man-made end of the world scenario).

IQ doesn't help in survivability, nor does it help to get a job or score the hottest chick in the bar. IQ is a show of superiority that some people use to demean other nationalities, caste and religion. Easy isn't it, you quote the German and throw in numbers. You fool, you're from Swaziland, you low IQ Ebola t**t.

Originally posted by Red Team View Post
                      Back to the original point with migrants, we already know the notion that refugees and migrants coming into the US having inherently lower intellect is completely wrong. We have the many descendants of Irish and Italian immigrants from the early 1900s to attest to that.
                      Indian-Americans.

Originally posted by Red Team View Post
                      Of course, the decision of how many the US will let in should be at the discretion of our government which---with perhaps some misguided optimism---one would hope to be a decision made out of pragmatism rather than ideology.
                      Agree.

I am, anyway done with the arguments of migrants, that the US should take, some of you don't agree, which is fine since it's your country and you all should have your say. The point some of us miss is that we don't make policy, never will. The next administration will come and overturn things.

Comment

• Originally posted by GVChamp View Post
                        I'm not sure if you hang out with stupid people a lot, but they are not status winners. To the extent they are reproductive winners, it is because low IQ people are more likely to have poor impulse control, and will meet up with other low IQ people and have low IQ babies.
                        Ever been hit on by a 20 year old welfare mom just because you're sitting by yourself and she sees you sipping a $30 shot of scotch. Extremely painful to the eyes and ears. And she thinks she's a catch!
                        Chimo

Comment

Contrasting posts. Earlier you said this -

In some topics, your posts are a treat to read in a funny way (like your discussion about incel and with snapper & ID), you don't lose it even when provoked, but most of your posts are just thoughtless.
                          I cannot answer that question because I am not qualified to do so. Hypothetically speaking, if the farmer does those things well, that can mean that he learned routine well and he just memorizes and repeats it, similar like bees build honeycombs or some fishes build nests to attract mate with full application of fluid dynamic principles. But does that mean that bees can build an airplane honeycombs or that fish can build super efficient maritime vessels? No, they are “programmed” to do so, after thousands of years of trial and error. However, if that farmer, innovates that that is a sure fire sign that he has high iq, because innovation requires capability to go into abstraction and a courage to try different things.

In my case, my father family comes from a God forsaken wilderness of Serbia. They didn't even had a road. So in order survive, my grand dad, had to learn a lots of things. He wasn't a farmer only, he was also a blacksmith and even ventured into genetic “research” by crossing various plants. I suspect that from him, my father and I got the “technical intelligence”. Unfortunately for me, my childhood wasn't all that good as I was neglected as a child and I lacked self discipline that turned into weak grades in math, once I went to school.

However, physics for me was a breeze and I always excelled in it. My brain, sees physics trough visualizations rather trough formulas and equations and that baffled all my physics teachers, because there was a sharp distinction between analytical tasks that require math, where I sucked and verbal exams, where I was giving correct answers from a totally unrelated angles.

That is nature vs nurture in a nutshell.

Comment

• Originally posted by GVChamp View Post
                            People from the Global South might very well have a lower max IQ than people from the Global North, it's not like we would know given our current information. Versus is obviously coming up with a just-so story that can't be justified and ultimately won't even make sense because the Global South is geographically quite distinct.

To the extent there is a preference for "bad boys," it's a preference for rich, relatively tame Bad Boys like Christian Gray from 50 Shades of Gray. He's a high IQ billionaire with some quirks. Low IQ "Bad Boy" means opium addiction, gang shootings, etc. This is NOT what educated, well-off women want.

You gotta take a step back from the Dark Enlightenment thinking and comment sections, those guys have an extremely myopic view.

There's definitely MORE involved than just IQ. IQ is just correlated positively with practically every single positive life outcome you would want. Sure, you need to work hard, but people with high IQ don't necessarily work less hard and people with low IQ don't necessarily work harder.
                            At a national level, good institutions help out a ton, and can make even low IQ people productive. If your choice is to be IQ 100 in North Korea or IQ 80 in the US, you want to be in the US, because the institutions are so much better that the IQ penalty doesn't matter.
                            They are if they are a majority...Trust me, I am living a nightmare because of that. Stupid people have the ability to stupidify everything with 100% success ratio. I am doing a cartoon about them and this is how some of my "bosses" look like.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Versus; 02 Nov 18,, 17:14.

Comment

Ever been hit on by a 20 year old welfare mom just because you're sitting by yourself and she sees you sipping a $30 shot of scotch. Extremely painful to the eyes and ears. And she thinks she's a catch!
                              Single moms are nightmare in a truest form. Hug me, kiss me...
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Versus; 02 Nov 18,, 17:13.

Comment

PSYop at the basic level.
                                When it crawls like a child and squawks like a child I call it a child. You're so wrapped up in conspiracy theories - how everyone has been plotting against Serbia forever etc - you cannot see the humanity. I do not give two hoots if a child's parent's are Muslim, Muscovite or South American - or if their Grandparents were Nazi's or Commies or whatever: The sins of the Parent are not the sins of the child. This is not psyops - this is a child. Do you have no children or simply no humanity?

Originally posted by Versus View Post
                                Being low IQ doesn't mean that you will go and suffer in life. It just means that you will suck at math, abstract thinking and languages. Benefits of low IQ are that you will get a lots of attention from women, because they tend to adore "bad boys" more than nerds. In essence it means that US science will suffer and you will loose technological edge and military strenght, because IQ limit for US Military is 83. But you will get excellent singers, lovers, fighters,cooks etc. Feminists will love them, as they already announced.

At the end, you will end up with feudal system with rich lords running plantations, cranevals, dancing, drinking and ton of sex and babies, but without things such as NASA, Caltech, MIT etc and oh yeah, not to mention religious aspect...the return of the Church and we all know which one...Yeah, the one that was behind all this from day one and was de throned during the French revolution.
                                I have never read such undiluted BS. Tell me have you ever met two people who are exactly the same? I mean identical twins have different characters. So how can you make such sweeping statements about Ladies or anyone else? No I profoundly reject this entire way of looking at things and categorising people - whether by IQ or sex or race. It is palpable BS. I am Polish but have been robbed in Poland - never anywhere else. There are good Poles and bad Poles, good Brit's and bad ones, good everyone and bad ones. Those who commit crimes are guilty - not their nation as a whole, their sex, their class, their profession or whatever.

Nor honestly do I give a damn if you're a MENSA member or not. Intelligence means nothing if it not grounded with solid religious or moral principles. You could be a Professor Moriarty - an evil genius - but get nothing accomplished for any lasting good for anyone else in the world. What purpose would that serve? What achievement would be left? Give me ten good people working together to achieve something worthwhile - maybe starting a charity or whatever - and more good will come of it than one evil genius.

IQ is irrelevant in good and bad or lies and truth and right now the political argument in the US is about whether you "believe" almost a matter of faith, every lie that comes from Trumpkin's goldfish mouth - he was going to pass a tax cut he claimed this week despite Congress not being in session - the US is being "invaded" by unarmed refugees (when of course the real intervention came from Muscovy to help him) - he can change the Constitution by the stroke of a pen etc etc etc or whether you reject this overt lies with a racist background which sounds like a bad re-run of Germany in the 1930s and insist that the elected Congress do their duty and keep a moral and legal check on the Executive that can do nothing but lie. You do not high IQ to know that there is truth and lies.

Comment

Working...
                                X