This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
    Conspiracy to solicit material from a foreign government, which were the criminal proceeds of said foreign government in violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act. That is my takeaway from the Trump Tower meeting.
    There is no evidence that the Trump team knew where the dirt came from before the meet. I'm sure they learn the material was tainted at the meet. I don't see a consipiracy when the Trump team refused to accept tainted material.

A question though, is the Trump team legally obligated to report the hack as soon as they learned of it?
    Chimo

Comment

• That is not correct. Trump Jnr first said his meeting with Algarov people - Natalia Veselnitskaya etc was about "adoption" - apparently this first response was done by Trump Snr and co though. Later - after Idiot Jnr was forced to release the emails it turned out that adoption was not on the planned agenda. It was information that "would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father". Where did it come from? It was stated explicitly "This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump." This suggests that the Trump campaign already knew of 'the Russian Governments support for Mr Trump before they took the meeting.

Comment

• Get your facts straight first

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/10/16/...nald-trump-jr/
        Chimo

Comment

• Read the actual emails that Trump Jnr released of his exchange with Goldstone prior to the meeting;

"The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father.

This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump - helped along by Aras and Emin.

What do you think is the best way to handle this information and would you be able to speak to Emin about it directly?

I can also send this info to your father via Rhona, but it is ultra sensitive so wanted to send to you first."

Comment

• I don't feaking care about what goes on between Russia and her attorneys. That is NOT the freaking point. What they do is has to do with Russian Law, not US law. At no time did Trump Jr saw the material nor participate in any discussion what to do with this material.

And I suggest YOU READ Trump Jr's emails. They were between a wikileak hack and himself. Again, at no time did Trump Jr saw any of the material. For all he knew, the wikileak hack was trying to see a picture of HRC in her underwear.

Edit: Apologies to all for putting that picture in your head.
            Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
              There is no evidence that the Trump team knew where the dirt came from before the meet. I'm sure they learn the material was tainted at the meet. I don't see a consipiracy when the Trump team refused to accept tainted material.

A question though, is the Trump team legally obligated to report the hack as soon as they learned of it?
              Yes, there is evidence of that. As a matter of fact it was spelled out directly.

Email from Robert Goldstone to Donald Trump, Jr.:

Emin just called and asked me to contact you with something very interesting.

The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father.

This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr Trump – helped along by Aras and Emin.

What do you think is the best way to handle this information and would you be able to speak to Emin about it directly?

I can also send this info to your father via Rhona, but it is ultra sensitive so wanted to send to you first.
              Donald Trump Jr's reply:

Thanks Rob I appreciate that. I am on the road at the moment but perhaps I just speak to Emin first. Seems we have some time and if it’s what you say I love it especially later in the summer. Could we do a call first thing next week when I am back?
              They proceeded to go on to meet Natalia Veselnitskaya and Rinat Akhmetshin at Trump Tower as a result of this exchange.
              Last edited by Ironduke; 02 Feb 18,, 00:12.
              "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• Where in that do you find this is hacked intel? From that alone, I could surmize that it's court papers from Russia.

Edit: I think I used the wrong words in asking where the dirt came from. What I meant was did the Trump team know it was an illegal Russian hack?
                Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 02 Feb 18,, 00:23.
                Chimo

Comment

• US Congress: Republicans rush for the exits to imperil Trump's midterm hopes
                  Alan Yuhas in New York
                  Thu 1 Feb 2018

Dozens of Republicans are rushing for the exits on Capitol Hill in an exodus which has dramatically raised Democratic hopes of shifting the balance of power in Washington DC.

Congressman Trey Gowdy, the Republican who made headlines with a crusade to investigate Hillary Clinton, announced his retirement on Wednesday, becoming the 38th Republican to announce they would be giving up their seat in Congress since Donald Trump’s inauguration last year.

Gowdy and other Republicans cheered the president on during his state of the union address, chanting “USA” and standing to applaud his agenda.

But many of the same lawmakers have said they have had enough of Washington and the chaos in the White House, gridlock at work and angry voters back home.

Midterm elections in November give Democrats a strong chance of winning the 24 seats they need to seize back the House and jeopardizing the president’s agenda.

Gowdy was the second senior Republican this week to announce his retirement, after New Jersey’s Rodney Frelinghuysen, a 12-term congressman. The pair chaired powerful committees on oversight and the nation’s finances, and follow 23 other Republicans leaving the House to quit politics altogether.

A further 11 will step down in order to run for higher office in the Senate or as state governors and three more are leaving the Senate. In contrast, only 15 Democratic representatives and one senator are leaving Congress.

In January, Dana Rohrabacher, a California Republican facing his own difficult re-election, accused two of his fellows of “running for the hills, making a very frightened assessment rather than a courageous assessment”.

They have cause for fear. Midterm elections are unforgiving even to popular presidents – Democrats lost 63 House seats in 2010, when Barack Obama’s approval rating was around 45% – and Trump is historically unpopular, only recently rising to an average of 40%.

“He’s by the far the most unpopular first-year president in the polling age,” said Matt Glassman, a Georgetown government affairs professor. “No one wants to be embarrassed in an electoral defeat, and a lot of people don’t want to fight tooth-and-nail just to be in the minority in the next Congress.”

The retirements do not bode well, political scientists said. “That’s usually a sign that there could be impending doom,” said Terry Madonna, a professor at Franklin and Marshall College.

Frelinghuysen and several other Republicans face changing districts back home. In 2000, he had such an iron grip on his seat that film-maker Michael Moore tried to run a ficus tree against him – anything to field a competitor. However, in the 2016 presidential election, Trump won the district by just one point.

Democrats’ hopes to retake the House, where they need 24 seats, have risen with each retirement. They are prioritizing 23 Republican-held districts that Clinton won in 2016, but are on the defensive in 12 districts that Trump carried. Although Republicans have only a two-seat hold of the Senate, this year’s races are in states that give Democrats little chance for success. Even to retake the House, polls suggest Democrats need an unusually large “wave” election, like Republicans had in 2010 and 1994.

But the retirements eliminate a typical advantage that incumbents enjoy in re-election races. According to the Brookings Institution, 49 representatives retired before the 1994 wave, when Republicans took 54 seats; 28 retired before Democrats took 30 seats in 2006; and 32 retired before Republicans won 63 seats in 2010.

This November, there could be as many as 40-50 competitive seats. Democrats have already mobilized voters for special elections, mass protests and marches. That means tougher, more expensive races around the country for Republicans.

Madonna said political polarization has reached an new extreme in modern US history, in part thanks to self-sorting voters and gerrymandered districts. “These are men and women who essentially don’t like each other and don’t trust each other,” he said. “They get weary of it especially when nothing gets done.”

Over Trump’s first year, Republican leaders struggled to paper over internal divisions over the budget, immigration and healthcare, and the president has frequently disrupted their efforts.

“He appears to be making the same mistakes this January that he made last January,” said Peter Woolley at Fairleigh Dickinson University, listing staff turnover, erratic statements, and poor coordination with would-be allies in Congress.

“This is a president who does not appear to be growing into the job,” Woolley said.

Madonna said Trump “is in a sense trapped in the middle” between hardliners in Congress, a dwindling group of moderates – many of whom are retiring – and Democrats. Last fall Trump expressed his reluctance to negotiate with Democrats when he endorsed Roy Moore, a Republican candidate accused of child molestation.

On Tuesday night Trump acknowledged that he will need Democratic votes for deals on immigration and infrastructure. “As he tries to reach out more and more, he’s going to find out that he may lose House Republicans,” Madonna said.

The president’s difficult hand could change over the next few months, Woolley said: the stock market’s record strength may yet dissipate, and North Korea remains a major political and security risk.

“There are some serious things that could still happen,” he said. “We’re a long way from knowing for sure.” Link

How can he grow into the job? He never wanted it in the first place and a diseased personality like his is incapable of changing, even if his age wasn't working against.

And I'm pretty sure this lovely stock market that the Trump drones are constantly touting won't last much longer either. We're past due for a crash.

I'm wondering if the massive beating that the GOP will almost certainly take during the midterms will do anything to mute those drones?
                  “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
                    Where in that do you find this is hacked intel? From that alone, I could surmize that it's court papers from Russia.

Edit: I think I used the wrong words in asking where the dirt came from. What I meant was did the Trump team know it was an illegal Russian hack?
                    That's where the Papadopoulos piece of the picture ties in. Specifically, that the 'dirt' on Clinton was in the form of thousands of emails.
                    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                      [B][SIZE=3]
                      How can he grow into the job? He never wanted it in the first place and a diseased personality like his is incapable of changing, even if his age wasn't working against.
                      He could find people who are qualified with a public purpose agenda
                      And I'm pretty sure this lovely stock market that the Trump drones are constantly touting won't last much longer either. We're past due for a crash.
                      Most analysis I have seen say they expect a recession in early 2009 which is probably going to be when you see major corrections in at least some sectors.
                      I'm wondering if the massive beating that the GOP will almost certainly take during the midterms will do anything to mute those drones?
                      I have trouble seeing this massive beating happen. The DNC is fairly broke. They have way too many Senate seats to defend and then the whole House being up. They will try to nationalize every race to get more messaging out of their money, but that usually doesn't work well when it comes to the House. Since they are fighting back and positioning themselves as a preemption against the whatever memo, that memo plus an improving economy will probably be too strong a headwind to sail through broke.

Comment

• Gee, I wonder where there is a place for Trey Gowdy to practice law? How about the Attorney General’s Office?

Comment

• Originally posted by surfgun View Post
                          Gee, I wonder where there is a place for Trey Gowdy to practice law? How about the Attorney General’s Office?
                          Or if we are lucky, he could replace the notorious RBG on SCOTUS.

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
                            A "non-state intelligence service" according to Pompeo that just happens to get hold of Muscovite hacked DNC emails yet praised by the Trump child.
                            Typical liberal sleight of hand. When WaPo and NYT use leaked/stolen info its journalism, when wiki does it its espionage, well unless it burns a conservative then its journalism. Pompeo is a spy, lying is literally part of his job description. 1. Right now the only known hack of the Dems occured in house via Wasserman-chultz pet IT family. 2. Clinton's personal emails were never given to Wiki. Given that the FBI assumes the Clinton server was hacked, why only release Podesta's?. 3. Podesta shared his password. 4. No official government forensic examination of the DNC's servers was ever done. The claim we were hacked by Russia is a claim unsupported by any official evidence. The only known and proven connections to Russia in the 2016 election were between the Clinton campaign via the Fusion GPS cut out and Podesta's business dealings with a Dutch energy company that served as a money laundering operation for a Russian bank.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                              US Congress: Republicans rush for the exits to imperil Trump's midterm hopes
                              Alan Yuhas in New York
                              Thu 1 Feb 2018

Dozens of Republicans are rushing for the exits on Capitol Hill in an exodus which has dramatically raised Democratic hopes of shifting the balance of power in Washington DC.

Congressman Trey Gowdy, the Republican who made headlines with a crusade to investigate Hillary Clinton, announced his retirement on Wednesday, becoming the 38th Republican to announce they would be giving up their seat in Congress since Donald Trump’s inauguration last year.

A lot of the retirements are committee chairs who have to give up the gavel and restart at the bottom on the seniority totem pole due to GOP rules about committee chair term limits in the House.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                                That's where the Papadopoulos piece of the picture ties in. Specifically, that the 'dirt' on Clinton was in the form of thousands of emails.
                                Jr's meeting was not illegal, they did not seek to pay or be paid for info freely offered, when the dirt did not materialize they ended the meeting. Funny, the Russian lawyer met with the Clinton camp before and after the meeting.

Comment

Working...
                                X