Shithole Countries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DOR View Post
    It takes a special kind of bigotry to imply that anyone who happens to come from say, Haiti, must – simply because he or she comes from that country – be expected to spend the rest of his or her life on welfare.

As opposed to say, Jean-Claude Brizard, the former CEO of Chicago Public Schools, Mona Scott, the CEO of Monami Entertainment, actress Garcelle Beauvais or WWII fighter pilot Alix Pasquet.
    Alix Pasquet, was an upper class Haitian all his life, not a immigrant. But I don't expect you to fact check, you are far more interested in labeling and scoring points than answering the question posed. Why should we priortize immigrants who come here with skills ready made to jump into the economy? Haiti has a literacy rate of 61%, 53% for measles vaccinations and a per capita income of $790 a year and no grounding in a functioning civil society. So while some upper crust Haitian may indeed blend right in odds are most wont. The Somalis damn sure didn't by and large. We took them in and they became a jihad factory. Several arrivals from the stans have now engaged in domestic terrorism as well. The government's job is to secure the liberty of its people. Immigration policies that further that job are good, those that impede it are bad.

Comment

Originally Posted by astralis View Post

and wonder why Trump picked Norway, strange, innit?
      Because he met with the Norwegian PM the day before so the country as was at the front of his mind and Norway is ranked #1.

Comment

Normay*. Yea he sold them "F-52s" didn't he?

Comment

Trump trolls like no other. Look at me. Look at me.

One sentence he is alleged to say but no one really doubts produces four pages of self righteous indignation. Within a day : D

And that's just here. Imagine the emotional responses generated elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by citanon View Post
            If we are to prioritize people, we need to start prioritizing people based on education and professional skills. I'd take a Haitian doctor who wants to come here any day, but some one with no skills, no secondary education, no English and limited opportunities for integration? I would not be falling over myself to get them in.
            You might be amazed to find out that the US has been doing this for several decades now. It's the euros that historically got a more working class immigrant

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
              Double Edge, actually he can and did. Some in Congress are trying to reverse his decision via rewriting the law. If that is what Congress decides, he's stuck since he said he would sign any bill that also had the 4 pillars. However, its a legit question.
              Who's keeping track of his wins ? What are his concrete results to date

So much verbiage is generated over what he just said or is going to do or threatens to do that we wonder how much actually he pulls off : D

Take DACA (where this comment sprang out of), that we will only find out about march end. Been hanging fire for over a year now
              Last edited by Double Edge; 13 Jan 18,, 16:49.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                Alix Pasquet, was an upper class Haitian all his life, not a immigrant. But I don't expect you to fact check, you are far more interested in labeling and scoring points than answering the question posed. Why should we priortize immigrants who come here with skills ready made to jump into the economy? Haiti has a literacy rate of 61%, 53% for measles vaccinations and a per capita income of $790 a year and no grounding in a functioning civil society. So while some upper crust Haitian may indeed blend right in odds are most wont. The Somalis damn sure didn't by and large. We took them in and they became a jihad factory. Several arrivals from the stans have now engaged in domestic terrorism as well. The government's job is to secure the liberty of its people. Immigration policies that further that job are good, those that impede it are bad.
                Wow. It almost -- almost, but not quite -- sounds like your bigotry is based on class, rather than race. But, since your hero can only spout off racist garbage, we can't give him the benefit of the doubt.
                Trust me?
                I'm an economist!

Comment

I don't see Trump as racist. He screws anybody and everybody he can. The only reason why he preferred a Norweigian over a Haitian is because the Norweigian can invest/bribe his way in but make no mistake, he will take the Haitian's last penny too.
                  Chimo

Comment

Yes, he seems to demonstrate the same thinking domestically towards the US as abroad. The Americans get the worst of it. So there is certainly a consistency here. The man won't play by the establishments rules and this is why they hate him because he is a threat to the establishment

Imagine the new orleans floods happened again, his response will be just like towards puerto Rico

A state that is so anorexic is good for what ? nothing. People expect the state to come to their help and if it can't do that then they will reconfigure it so it can

A lean govt is also a mean govt that is helpless
                    Last edited by Double Edge; 13 Jan 18,, 18:12.

Comment

Originally posted by snapper View Post
                      Any Government employee in most western countries who used such language would be fired. If British PM, a Polish or Ukrainian President said the same thing about any country the calls from abroad and at home for their resignation would be overwhelming.
                      It would appear there is a certain degree of leeway when one is US president, not so illegal when he does it but very applicable to everyone below him

A parliamentary system that depends solely on consent can't sustain as polarising a figure. He'd get rolled. Only systems that pride themselves on stability can produce such characters

Comment

I'm really enjoying this discussion. I'm also surprised that 'Pocahontas' hasn't given all of us her 35 cents worth of opinion - did the media misfits somehow forget to send her a memo?

This topic (Shithole Countries) has all the earmarks for a forthcoming Fox channel animated series. Sort of like a 'The Simpsons' in the ghetto on a 3rd world budget!! LOL!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
                          I don't see Trump as racist. He screws anybody and everybody he can. The only reason why he preferred a Norweigian over a Haitian is because the Norweigian can invest/bribe his way in but make no mistake, he will take the Haitian's last penny too.
                          Trump seems like a garden-variety racist, no more racist than the typical man of his age.

I'm with zraver that this leak is absolutely pointless except as a calculated political attack that damaged whatever possibility of compromise existed in the first place. The proposed compromise that was leaked was a shit solution anyways, though, so I don't really care, but whoever leaked jeopardized the status of the "Dreamers," so I'm taking Durbin's continuing crocodile tears with a huge grain of salt.

Trump's a moron, but he has good enough instincts to know that we don't need millions of uneducated refugees or workers from failed states. Those that we do need should be on short-term rotational labor contracts, that in no way can be confused as a path to permanent residence.
                          "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
                            The Clinton's already took it.

DOR

Wow. It almost -- almost, but not quite -- sounds like your bigotry is based on class, rather than race. But, since your hero can only spout off racist garbage, we can't give him the benefit of the doubt.
                            My bigotry is based on citizenship and nationalism. If its good for the country as a whole, I support it. If its not I don't. We don't need more illiterate unvaccinated no sense of civil society or duty immigrants. 100 years ago with factory jobs expanding like crazy, or 150 years ago with the west to be tamed, sure, we needed every beating heart. But the factories are mostly gone and the west is closed. Just like economies move from manufacturing to service, immigration policies need to move from filling the rank and file to a value added platform.
                            Last edited by zraver; 14 Jan 18,, 03:43.

Comment

Has anyone actually verified what Dick Durbin claimed? Days have passed with no verification. Dick Durbin historically has not been a credible source of information. I understand the others have stated tough language was used but failed to back up what Dick Durbin has claimed.
                              This appears to be an exercise in navel gazing.
                              Last edited by surfgun; 14 Jan 18,, 02:33.

Comment

Originally posted by surfgun View Post
                                Has anyone actually verified what Dick Durbin claimed? Days have passed with no verification. Dick Durbin historically has not been a credible source of information. I understand the others have stated tough language was used but failed to back up what Dick Durbin has claimed.
                                This appears to be an exercise in navel gazing.
                                See post 31. 2 GOP senators said they did not recall Trump saying those words. Graham was non-committal, Flake said he said it. Its he said she said. The people saying he did are also open borders fans, those saying he didn't are opposed to open borders so that is still he said she said.

Comment

Working...
                                X