No announcement yet.

Shithole Countries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about New Yorker talk then? The point is that this language ain't uncommon back in the day. The military didn't invent the language. The military used it.
    Chimo

Comment

• But we're not talking about an off-hand comment here or there. The sum total of his comments, behavior, and actions go way further than that.
      "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
        But we're not talking about an off-hand comment here or there. The sum total of his comments, behavior, and actions go way further than that.
        Have you watched the man? I mean have you watched him before he ran for President? Watch a few episodes of THE APPRENTICE, that's his normal behaviour and he doesn't apologize for it. If you can earn him a buck, you're his best friend. If you can't, he will throw you under the bus regardless of what gender or race you are. But there's one thing he can't stand, you trying to bullshit him.
        Chimo

Comment

• there's also an expectation that when you're in the office of the Presidency, you act and talk like a President-- at least in public.

LBJ was known for salty talk too, but not publicly. Kennedy was a philanderer, again, but not publicly (well, mostly). we've had a bunch of salty military men as Prez, too. but as far as I can tell, most of them used anger as a tool, not the other way around.

Trump is controlled by his anger, lashing out and saying stuff that has hurt him, not helped. that's why he promoted crazy conspiracy theories and insulted POWs and Gold Star mothers. he has no discipline to do otherwise.

basically, this is why his supporters love him: he's different and breaks norms. but this is also why the large majority of Americans detest him: he breaks norms that were there for a -good reason-.

moreover,

But there's one thing he can't stand, you trying to bullshit him.
          hell no, he LOVES it when he's flattered and he has a bad habit of agreeing with whomever talked to him last. that's why he has no solid positions, and why foreign leaders suck up to him personally so much.
          There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
            hell no, he LOVES it when he's flattered and he has a bad habit of agreeing with whomever talked to him last. that's why he has no solid positions, and why foreign leaders suck up to him personally so much.
            As I said before, up and until you showed him the money. He called out China for trying to cheat on the North Korean sanctions. He didn't built up his fortunes just by accepting flattery.
            Chimo

Comment

still waiting for that evidence where Wright actually got an invitation to the WH by Obama. where's that announcement?
              Fake news.
              Trust me?
              I'm an economist!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                He is quoting Pamela Geller.
                Here's some crib notes for those who believed Pamela Geller ... http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...racy-theories/
                Trust me?
                I'm an economist!

Comment

• Well midnight tonight some 50 million American citizens get thrown under the bus as hostages to 800,000 or so illegal aliens the Dems have prioritized over them. This includes 40 million or so people who need SNAP benefits to eat. Also includes 9 million kids who rely on the CHIP program to see a doctor, during the peak of a flu season that is being particularly harsh on pediatric patients. Several million government workers and contractors who don't have a job at midnight, or who may have to work but wont get paid. Then of course our troops in uniform, some of them now even risk having to die in combat while not getting paid. The Dems would rather cause as much pain as possible to the citizen rather than secure the border. On the plus side, this will help the GOP in non-coastal house district races this fall. The DEms are showing front page that they do not care about the citizen, its only political power that matters to them.

Comment

• It’s all about Democrat votes. Just as is to restore voting rights of convicted felons. If they can not win over the honest, by goodness we shall get the votes of the dishonest!

Comment

• z,

Well midnight tonight some 50 million American citizens get thrown under the bus as hostages to 800,000 or so illegal aliens the Dems have prioritized over them. This includes 40 million or so people who need SNAP benefits to eat. Also includes 9 million kids who rely on the CHIP program to see a doctor, during the peak of a flu season that is being particularly harsh on pediatric patients. Several million government workers and contractors who don't have a job at midnight, or who may have to work but wont get paid. Then of course our troops in uniform, some of them now even risk having to die in combat while not getting paid. The Dems would rather cause as much pain as possible to the citizen rather than secure the border. On the plus side, this will help the GOP in non-coastal house district races this fall. The DEms are showing front page that they do not care about the citizen, its only political power that matters to them.
                      or, you know, the GOP could do CHIP via clean bill.

the GOP has control of government, let them demonstrate this.

but i suspect we all know this, but choose to repeat the standard party line.
                      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by surfgun View Post
                        Just as is to restore voting rights of convicted felons.
                        That's good thing, a state should never be able to deny those rights. What next otherwise

Comment

there's also an expectation that when you're in the office of the Presidency, you act and talk like a President-- at least in public.

LBJ was known for salty talk too, but not publicly. Kennedy was a philanderer, again, but not publicly (well, mostly). we've had a bunch of salty military men as Prez, too. but as far as I can tell, most of them used anger as a tool, not the other way around.

Trump is controlled by his anger, lashing out and saying stuff that has hurt him, not helped. that's why he promoted crazy conspiracy theories and insulted POWs and Gold Star mothers. he has no discipline to do otherwise.

basically, this is why his supporters love him: he's different and breaks norms. but this is also why the large majority of Americans detest him: he breaks norms that were there for a -good reason-.

moreover,

Well i agree with most you said here, the way of talking is less important than how that talk constrains actions.

Going nationalist means there is less wiggle room for compromise. And this is a trend being seen in numerous countries. China is a good example. What this then does is force the business of power politics into the public arena where it isn't pretty instead of being conducted behind closed doors where it is as candid if not more. If this keeps up war isn't war behind as its past compromise and into blame games and mutual animosity
                          Last edited by Double Edge; 19 Jan 18,, 15:11.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                            That's good thing, a state should never be able to deny those rights. What next otherwise
                            Their right to own and possess firearms. But the Democrats are not interested in restoring that right. If one does not trust them them with a firearm, why would one trust their vote?

Comment

• DE,

Going nationalist means there is less wiggle room for compromise. And this is a trend being seen in numerous countries. China is a good example. What this then does is force the business of power politics into the public arena where it isn't pretty instead of being conducted behind closed doors where it is as candid if not more. If this keeps up war isn't war behind as its past compromise and into blame games and mutual animosity
                              i agree that the nationalist approach means less wiggle room for compromise, because if your going-in supposition is that you are on the side of all that is right and holy and your opponents are traitors, well, you don't compromise with tratiors.

on the other hand, i dunno about China being a good example of where power politics is conducted in the public arena, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by surfgun View Post
                                Their right to own and possess firearms. But the Democrats are not interested in restoring that right. If one does not trust them them with a firearm, why would one trust their vote?
                                Don't care about the inconsistencies of the democrats, am saying denying voting rights due to felony charges is a dangerous path to tread. Have argued this point here before, some in the US think its perfectly legit to do so.

Well, at what point do they deny your citizenship ? make you a non-entity

An example from my part of the world a few decades back allows for legal ethnic cleansing because a community is deemed a threat to the leadership, call it state in your context

No need to fire any shots or burn villages those people become unable to support themselves any longer and have no choice but to leave en masse
                                Last edited by Double Edge; 19 Jan 18,, 18:45.

Comment

Working...
                                X