• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DOR View Post
    ngnh3569,

Duke Trumpet—
    FactCheck.org, March 1, 2016

Asked if he would publicly reject the support of former Ku Klux Klan grand wizard David Duke, Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump said, “I just don’t know anything about him.”
    Except, The Trumpet is on the record denouncing David Duke – very much like Obama did with Rev Wright – multiple times since 1991. So, why did his memory fail him so badly during the one time in his life when it was vitally important that he not be in any way associated with the KKK?

CNN, Feb 28, Jake Tapper interview—
    Tapper: I want to ask you about the Anti-Defamation League, which this week called on you to publicly condemn unequivocally the racism of former KKK grand wizard David Duke, who recently said that voting against you at this point would be treason to your heritage. Will you unequivocally condemn David Duke and say that you don’t want his vote or that of other white supremacists in this election?
    Trump: Well, just so you understand, I don’t know anything about David Duke. OK? I don’t know anything about what you’re even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists. So, I don’t know.

Tapper: OK. I mean, I’m just talking about David Duke and the Ku Klux Klan here, but…
    Trump: I don’t know any — honestly, I don’t know David Duke. I don’t believe I have ever met him. I’m pretty sure I didn’t meet him. And I just don’t know anything about him.

= = = = =

whats you point? He's either rejecting and disavowing him, or playing Mickey the Dunce.

Obama 'distanced himself' from Wright before he ran, then invited him (amongst other racists) to the white house.

still no comment or damnation of that or Obama.

I mean seriously, Obama has far more ties to racists than you can even make up for Trump.

Comment

• bfng,

But prove race was a factor though, and not say, disliking the persons agenda, politics, foreign policy, domestic policy etc etc etc. or in the case of Trump, maybe doing it for the attention, ratings, and to try to prove he's the smartest guy in the room. but naaaaaa, just stick with racism.
      it was a direct appeal to the racists, with only idiots or the willfully blind trying to pretend otherwise.

it's not as if the birther issue was never discussed before Trump started his political campaign on it. it's telling that he used THIS and not a policy issue to attack Obama. funny if he disliked Obama's "agenda, politics, foreign policy, domestic policy" that he chose to attack the legitimacy of Obama as President based on where Obama was born.

Obama 'distanced himself' from Wright before he ran, then invited him (amongst other racists) to the white house.
      lol, when did Obama invite Wright to the WH? care to prove this?
      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by bfng3569 View Post
        But prove race was a factor though, and not say, disliking the persons agenda, politics, foreign policy, domestic policy etc etc etc. or in the case of Trump, maybe doing it for the attention, ratings, and to try to prove he's the smartest guy in the room. but naaaaaa, just stick with racism.
        You can attack someone's agenda, politics, foreign policy, domestic policy, without resorting to the 'black Muslim foreigner' angle, which is what the birther conspiracy theory was all about.
        "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
          Let me ask you something. What animus do you think it was the drove Trump to be the #1 proponent of the birther conspiracy theory? What were his motivations? Do you believe there is an innocent explanation in which race is not a factor?
          Innocent? No but it doesn't have to be based on race. Trump is an asshole.
          Chimo

Comment

You can attack someone's agenda, politics, foreign policy, domestic policy, without resorting to the 'black Muslim foreigner' angle, which is what the birther conspiracy theory was all about.
            Too compicated for Trump. He wants something that is easy for twitter. Note how he attacked McCain, not on his policy but the fact he surrendered to the Vietnamese, making him a coward instead of dying in a blaze of glory.
            Chimo

Comment

• Note how he attacked McCain, not on his policy but the fact he surrendered to the Vietnamese, making him a coward instead of dying in a blaze of glory.
              IIRC he attacked McCain on a reflexive basis after McCain had less than complimentary words for him.

the Obama birtherism, though, he pimped this idea for a LONG time. it was part of his roll-out for a political campaign. IE this was thought-through.

but now that i think about it, i'm not sure him thinking things through matter so much. look at how he attacked Gold Star mother Ghazala Khan, or his recent comments regarding a Korean-American briefing him. he's made these race comments plenty of times in the past.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...nicity-n837181
              There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• If you see a first-generation conservative Muslim woman in public and she is not speaking, it is perfectly reasonable to think "she does not think she should speak in public" is within the set of possible explanations.

Assume it? No, silly.

Possible?

Yeah.

We don't really know the context of the intelligence briefing comment. I'm not telling you to give Trump the benefit of the doubt, but it's still "pattern of behavior" territory.
                "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

just because it is race based to you doesn't make it so.

Comment

• Originally posted by GVChamp View Post
                    If you see a first-generation conservative Muslim woman in public and she is not speaking, it is perfectly reasonable to think "she does not think she should speak in public" is within the set of possible explanations.
                    That wasn't what Trump said. "She probably, maybe she wasn't allowed to have anything to say."

Comment

just because it is race based to you doesn't make it so.
                      What is the birther conspiracy theory based on?

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
                        bfng,

it was a direct appeal to the racists, with only idiots or the willfully blind trying to pretend otherwise.

it's not as if the birther issue was never discussed before Trump started his political campaign on it. it's telling that he used THIS and not a policy issue to attack Obama. funny if he disliked Obama's "agenda, politics, foreign policy, domestic policy" that he chose to attack the legitimacy of Obama as President based on where Obama was born.

lol, when did Obama invite Wright to the WH? care to prove this?
                        so you are calling me an idiot or willfully blind? this is the new standard for posting here? good to know.

and what's it Make Sanders then? in your opinion, he must be on the same level as trump.

Wrights visit is in the original response.

Last edited by bfng3569; 18 Jan 18,, 19:17.

Comment

no, the question is, why did Trump push it and keep perpetuating it.

Comment

so is Trump the evil genius you think he is, or the complete bumbling, self absorbed, narcissistic, stupid, douche bag you think he is?

because listening to most who are against trump, he's not smart enough or knowledgeable enough to create any argument for or against anything related to politics or policy.

Comment

no, the question is, why did Trump push it and keep perpetuating it.

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
                                IIRC he attacked McCain on a reflexive basis after McCain had less than complimentary words for him.

the Obama birtherism, though, he pimped this idea for a LONG time. it was part of his roll-out for a political campaign. IE this was thought-through.

but now that i think about it, i'm not sure him thinking things through matter so much. look at how he attacked Gold Star mother Ghazala Khan, or his recent comments regarding a Korean-American briefing him. he's made these race comments plenty of times in the past.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...nicity-n837181
                                look at all his comments, from Megan Kelly's bloody you know what, to McCain, to just about anyone, regardless of race.

they are pretty much over the top, beyond rude and disrespectful, and a blur of reality and what ever is floating in his head.

Could he be the worlds biggest racist, certainly is possible.

he could also just be the worlds biggest asshole too.

Comment

Working...
                                X