• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
    Nothing

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shadow-Grea.../dp/8172238746

Can't say you're secular and also support partition which is its antithesis

There is no time dimension
    For whatever reason, partition happened, and it's good that it happened. Harping that one day the 2 countries will be one, gives the Pakmil ammo to beguile its ordinary abduls. Why do you want to take terrorists and it's sympathizers who make 200 million, minus the few educated, secular ones back into a unified India? I think we're doing good as we are.

However, if you meant balkanization of Pak into 4 parts and pushing the population into Pak Punjab and annexing territory, I am all for that. And in all of these there is nothing unsecular, this is the nature of geo-politics. The state and its continuity is bigger than its citizens.

Palestine's Pakistan envoy shares dais with Hafiz Saeed, India issues demarche

This is what I had a problemm starting with. The nature of muslim couuntries is that their geo-politics rests with Allah, mullah and madrassahs, there-in lies their misfortune and present state of being.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
      The next part is can't have one state and call it a jewish state.

Has to be secular and the Israeli right has to come to terms with that

The Americans don't define their state as Christian, the Nepalis don't call it Hindu

Synagogue and state have to be separate
      I am supporting the Israeli position, not arguing what should be included or separated. That is for the Jews to decide.
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

2,700-year-old 'governor of Jerusalem' seal found

Comment

George Greenhalgh will be laughin in his grave.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
            I am supporting the Israeli position, not arguing what should be included or separated. That is for the Jews to decide.
            As is Trump along with what the Pals agree with. If he is to have this 'deal of the century'

Why do you want to take terrorists and it's sympathizers, minus the few educated, secular ones back into a unified India? I think we're doing good as we are.
            Similar question the Israelis have to contend with if they want an undivided Israel ; )
            Last edited by Double Edge; 02 Jan 18,, 12:55.

Comment

Israel sees the entire city as its capital, while the Palestinians want the eastern sector as the capital of their future state.
              Trump hasn't endorsed the 'entire city as capital'

Comment

Listen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ41bY5UnEo&t=367s

More Israelis visit India than the other way around. Given the population difference this is quite significant. Once they finish their military service many of them come over and they stay for at least a month. They visit all over the country. They feel safe here

'India's made a huge mistake in voting against US on Jerusalem,' says BJP's Subramanian Swamy

I'm wondering, what's the rationale behing this kind of backstabbing?
                The left accuses Modi of abandoning India’s traditional solidarity with the Palestinians. The right attacks the PM for not voting with Israel when the UN General Assembly strongly criticised the US move to shift its embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. These rival arguments are probably a good indicator that the South Block may have found a sensible middle path.
                The pursuit of balance is an essential feature of international life; how it gets expressed or couched in a specific context is a matter of diplomatic detail.

Israel’s dispute with Palestine is not the only one that India confronts in the Middle East.

Delhi, for example, is constantly trying to balance between Israel and Iran, Riyadh and Tehran, the Sunni and Shia, Saudis and Qataris, and between the Kurds and everyone else.

Domestic political pieties, on the left and right, are the last thing India needs in navigating the Middle East minefield.
                The art of balance | IE | Jan 16 2018
                Last edited by Double Edge; 18 Jan 18,, 16:14.

Comment

Working...
                X