How Putin came to rule the Middle East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snapper View Post
    Colonel you asked me "What Arab troops?". I have replied. Whether they are AQ or not the West has openly backed them, perhaps that does not please you but that is the fact. My knowledge (or lack) of Turkish history and other assorted debates are unrelated to your original question. If you wish to debate the other matters I am at your service but will not have them confused with your original question which I have answered.
    No, we have NOT backed them. They are merely token face saving forces. At no time did they present to be a decisive force on the battlefield nor would they ever be. They are losing and losing big.

And these were NOT the people who did Dasmascus nor Allepo. Those guys either returned to Assad or gone over to ISIS.

So again, what Arab troops? Your prima dona dance has zero position in reality.
    Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 08 Dec 17,, 14:17.
    Chimo

Comment

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/int...144229467.html

Looking at the map Assad and his allies look to control about 2/3 of Syria. The economy is in ruins. What is the cost to the Russians and the Iranians/Hezbollah? Can Syria's armed forces continue the fight and hold the ground already captured without his allies? ISIL's Caliphate appears to be under Kurdish control. Does that make Putin the ruler of the ME? He has great control on putting out his narrative.
      Last edited by Dazed; 09 Dec 17,, 07:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazed View Post
        http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/int...144229467.html

Looking at the map Assad and his allies look to control about 2/3 of Syria. The economy is in ruins. What is the cost to the Russians and the Iranians/Hezbollah? Can Syria's armed forces continue the fight and hold the ground already captured without his allies? ISIL's Caliphate appears to be under Kurdish control. Does that make Putin the ruler of the ME? He has great control on putting out his narrative.
        The collary to that is can Assad's enemies unite against him without fighting each other and without Western money.
        Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
          The collary to that is can Assad's enemies unite against him without fighting each other and without Western money.
          I agree. Putin has declared victory and a lot people think it is so., From the variety of sources I have read all sides can continue fighting even with the demise of ISIL and reduced funding The uprising against Assad began without western funding.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazed View Post
            I agree. Putin has declared victory and a lot people think it is so., From the variety of sources I have read all sides can continue fighting even with the demise of ISIL and reduced funding The uprising against Assad began without western funding.
            Back then, they had the advantage of a common enemy who was greater than their differences. They also had access to access to defecting Syrain Army arsenals.

As their success grew, so too control of some wealthy areas, ie money. Then, their differences became unbearable as those who controls money and weapons areas are not sharing with others.

Unlike Snapper, I had no illusions that these were the good guys. Following events proved that to be the case.
            Chimo

Comment

Working...
            X