No announcement yet.

BJP leader announces Rs 10 cr for 'beheading' Deepika, Bhansali

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultimately it's about shallow politics. And this is not good, not in this era. Millions of young people who graduate every year isn't interested in politics or reasoning that goes alongwith these kind of dirt, they want jobs. These are kids whose parents lifted themselves up from poverty to upper middle class in the early 90s , and they have grown up with a certain kind of lifestyle. If they do not get it through job creation, they would resort to crime. Mr. Modi will win 2019, but if this kind of situation continues, BJP will lose in 2023.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
      Offering people money to kill is incitement....among other things. It should land you in jail. I'm assuming that won't happen here.
      Agree. And no, it won't happen. We here are 2 generations from becoming a humane society. And by 2 generations I mean 50 years.
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
        Offering people money to kill is incitement....among other things. It should land you in jail. I'm assuming that won't happen here.
        Ah, and why will it not happen is the question. I don't know whether it will or not

The moment this threat was made i would expect a case to be filed and the responsible parties booked. Prima facie we can agree lives have put been under risk

People would be saying its in the courts and cannot speak about it

Not happened, is it because grounds are insufficient or a settlement is sought in some other way

Meanwhile what i am seeing is both parties got some free PR
        Last edited by Double Edge; 20 Nov 17,, 15:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
          Mr. Modi will win 2019, but if this kind of situation continues, BJP will lose in 2023.
          yes but not with the same amount of support as 2014. Won't get 280 is the speculation. They will be in a coalition and weaker.

So whatever major changes have to be implemented or set in motion before 2019. GST is a good move, been on the books since 2003 but there are teething problems that will decrease with time. Reforming and modernising the military is another that has gone no where since it was started in 2002 and though Nirmala is an assidious worker she isn't a miracle worker
          Last edited by Double Edge; 20 Nov 17,, 15:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
            yes but not with the same amount of support as 2014. Won't get 280 is the speculation. They will be in a coalition and weaker.
            BJP will probably win more seats than 2014

The major problem with the INC(which they are not willing to discuss), is that they have lost support from the Hindu voter base. All three positions(demonitization, introduction of gst and economy growth) have approval(candidly or uncandidly) from the general public. The most effective thing that Modi has ever done for these past years is to not roll with the pigs(respond to public gossip).

Pre-2014, the more you criticised Modi, the more popular he became. Today, criticizing modi has become a social trend. The ironic fact in all this is that(now), both the persons criticizing Modi and supporting Modi are one and the same. At polls, both vote for modi.

The INCs downfall is mostly a result of social media. These days, almost every indian family has its own private WhatsApp group and there is a pappu gandhi joke that is circulated and posted in each group every single day. Working class people who never watch TV or follow active politics get a daily dose on their phone every single day.

You can control TV programming but how can you control mass social media? Things got more bad for the INC. This is one of those views which you won't find on any of the print or electronic media.

Comment

Originally posted by anil View Post
              The INCs downfall is mostly a result of social media.
              Anti-incumbency ?

Took the marathis three terms to throw out the NCP, seven terms for the bongs to get rid of the left. What will the tammies do ? jaya is gone, karuna won't last forever. No more actor, no more script writer. Politics in TN will never be the same again.

BJP can make hay while the sun shines. Their shine will wear off eventually and then who else are you going to vote for, hindu or not

Millions of young people who graduate every year isn't interested in politics or reasoning that goes alongwith these kind of dirt, they want jobs. These are kids whose parents lifted themselves up from poverty to upper middle class in the early 90s , and they have grown up with a certain kind of lifestyle. If they do not get it through job creation, they would resort to crime. Mr. Modi will win 2019, but if this kind of situation continues, BJP will lose in 2023.
              That's the bottom line whether in India, China or anywhere else
              Last edited by Double Edge; 20 Nov 17,, 18:50.

Comment

Originally posted by anil View Post
                BJP will probably win more seats than 2014

The major problem with the INC(which they are not willing to discuss), is that they have lost support from the Hindu voter base. All three positions(demonitization, introduction of gst and economy growth) have approval(candidly or uncandidly) from the general public. The most effective thing that Modi has ever done for these past years is to not roll with the pigs(respond to public gossip).

Pre-2014, the more you criticised Modi, the more popular he became. Today, criticizing modi has become a social trend. The ironic fact in all this is that(now), both the persons criticizing Modi and supporting Modi are one and the same. At polls, both vote for modi.

The INCs downfall is mostly a result of social media. These days, almost every indian family has its own private WhatsApp group and there is a pappu gandhi joke that is circulated and posted in each group every single day. Working class people who never watch TV or follow active politics get a daily dose on their phone every single day.

You can control TV programming but how can you control mass social media? Things got more bad for the INC. This is one of those views which you won't find on any of the print or electronic media.
                You said before that Modi and BJP won't win the 2014 elections, and both Modi and BJP won. Want me to find that post for you, or you remember?

Why doesn't your predictions come true?
                Last edited by Oracle; 21 Nov 17,, 02:31.

Comment

So whatever major changes have to be implemented or set in motion before 2019. GST is a good move, been on the books since 2003 but there are teething problems that will decrease with time. Reforming and modernising the military is another that has gone no where since it was started in 2002 and though Nirmala is an assidious worker she isn't a miracle worker
                  How in the hell do you get this kind of information?

Comment

How in the hell do you get this kind of information?
                    Read and listen to various sources. In this particular case Irfan at Brookings, am going from memory here.

https://youtu.be/8pK92LU1KvE

Irfan was saying what you don't hear/ What we hear is what anil said. Modi will win with an even bigger share. Fact is nobody knows

Just see the youtube comments, if anyone says Modi isn't doing anything but a stellar job then the trolls come out. Not one of them can actually pick out points made and challenge or refute. What they do is along the lines of don't listen to this person or you must be bad because you do.
                    Last edited by Double Edge; 20 Nov 17,, 19:52.

Comment

Read and listen to various sources. In this particular case Irfan at Brookings, am going from memory here.

https://youtu.be/8pK92LU1KvE

Irfan was saying what you don't hear/ What we hear is what anil said. Modi will win with an even bigger share. Fact is nobody knows

Just see the comments, if anyone says Modi isn't doing anything but a stellar job then the trolls come out. Not one of them can actually pick out points made and challenge or refute. What they do is along the lines of don't listen to this person or you must be bad because you do.
                      When you post such long videos, don't you think you have to atleast give out the gist? I am now certain about you. ;-)
                      Medium rare though overcooked a bit, was good. ;-)

Next target is Wagyu, once I travel out.

Comment

When you post such long videos, don't you think you have to atleast give out the gist? I am now certain about you. ;-)
                        Medium rare though overcooked a bit, was good. ;-)

Next target is Wagyu, once I travel out.
                        They're discussing the results of five state elections that had recently concluded. There's a lot in there. I mentioned the source. Up to you now should you want to know more

Comment

DE, I don't need to see the video to guage the mood of the nation. I read, a lot, everyday. And I get information from people who I have studied with. One of them is a dude from XXXX, who is a big shot in an African country. The Indian Ambassador sent him a written letter and invited him to attend a meeting with Modi. I have his pic with Modi on whatsapp. These are chaddi buddies. Sorry if I sound over-confident, but it's confidence I speak with. And yeah, I agree wth you on your predictions about BJP.

Comment

Sorry if I sound over-confident, but it's confidence I speak with. And yeah, I agree wth you on your predictions about BJP.
                            Ok, how good were your sources for 2014 ?

People were willing to give Modi the nod, but the number of seats predicted was much lower. 160-180. 200 was unthinkable let alone 280 which was the final tally. Twenty years of back to back coalitions does this to pollsters

That is what is so unremarkable about Irfan's prediction. He's effectively projecting for 2019 what was said back in 2104. People recognise this and say he his out of touch and wrong

What is everybody else saying ? Of course 300 and above is possible
                            Last edited by Double Edge; 21 Nov 17,, 19:32.

Comment

Ok, how good were your sources for 2014 ?

People were willing to give Modi the nod, but the number of seats predicted was much lower. 160-180. 200 was unthinkable let alone 280 which was the final tally

That is what is so unremarkable about Irfan's prediction. He's effectively projecting for 2019 what was said back in 2104. People recognise this and say he his out of touch and wrong

What is everybody else saying ? Of course 300 and above is possible
                              TBH, my guess in 2014 was short of majority. Say in the range of < 270, and with Shiv Sena, NDA gets a majority. BJP did better. In 2019, it's not the case, we are still almost 2 years away from the polls, so let us wait for some more time. It could be well over 300 or less than 260. On the ground, less than 260 seems more likely.
                              Last edited by Oracle; 21 Nov 17,, 11:50.

Comment

TBH, my guess in 2004 was short of majority. Say in the range of < 270, and with Shiv Sena, NDA gets a majority. BJP did better. In 2019, it's not the case, we are still almost 2 years away from the polls, so let us wait for some more time. It could be well over 300 or less than 260. On the ground, less than 260 seems more likely.
                                And why you do think BJP won't get a majority in 2019

Comment

Working...
                                X