Wehrmacht

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wehrmacht

Spotted this Gem the other day, its the complete series. Wehrmacht tells a concise story of the successes and failures. Both of the propaganda the German soldier was exposed to and the military tactics employed. The culpability of the Officer corp and the excessive nature of the Nazi regime. Trent park extracts also give honest opinions from captured officers.

In Germany the third part of that (the section on war crimes) is rather criticized for its sanitization - neither mentioning 15-20 million Soviet civilian casualties not 1.5 million jews exterminated by Wehrmacht soldiers in the occupation zone.

Comment

Originally posted by kato View Post
      In Germany the third part of that (the section on war crimes) is rather criticized for its sanitization - neither mentioning 15-20 million Soviet civilian casualties not 1.5 million jews exterminated by Wehrmacht soldiers in the occupation zone.
      There's always room for criticism. This series seems to concentrate on the Mindset of the average Soldier and his superiors. Which seems to range from Ignorance to total culpability and in many cases as you say blatant genocide.

There are various recordings from Trent Park, one of Edwin Graf von Rothkirch und Trach confirming knowledge of atrocities

"I knew an SS leader pretty well, and we talked about this and that, and one day he said: 'Listen, if you ever want to film one of these shootings? …I mean, it doesn't really matter. These people are always shot in the morning. If you're interested, we still have a few left over, and we could also shoot them in the afternoon if you like."

I have examined the episode again and although I understand your point . I find the recorded conversations totally damning and I find them more relevant and revealing than numbers..as they are actually talking about individual events and not just that but the total brainwashing in the Wehrmacht...to the extent where children and unarmed civilians are treated like animals???...Jew, Pole, Russian etc its irrelevant, because they are all human beings and they are all being treated like vermin...its beyond belief that it happened ...but it did!!
      Last edited by Toby; 15 Oct 17,, 22:34.

Comment

Working...
      X