The Korean Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
    Trump's already talking about leaving the summit early, because negotiations had moved "more quickly than expected".

The summit hadn't even f--king STARTED
    I came, I saw, I felt, I conquered. Another win for me.

Comment

Trump's already talking about leaving the summit early, because negotiations had moved "more quickly than expected".

The summit hadn't even f--king STARTED
      And this could be reversed ? like we weren't even supposed to have a summit in the first place right ?

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...rea-early.html

Both leaders have an interest in declaring the summit a productive first step in an ongoing process. It doesn’t take all that long to reach an agreement to disagree for now, and talk more later. If that is the “logical conclusion” of the summit in Singapore, then it’s unsurprising that the two sides are converging on it “rapidly.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
        And this could be reversed ? like we weren't even supposed to have a summit in the first place right ?

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...rea-early.html
        It's just another example of an unhinged sociopathic personality that provides them on a daily basis.
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

It's just another example of an unhinged sociopathic personality that provides them on a daily basis.
          I saw it as just hard balling. Squeeze because Kim's only going to get one shot

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	historic.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	1476683

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/live...ry?id=55780978

https://www.huffingtonpost.in/entry/...b09d7a3d7614ac

Click image for larger version

Name:	trump kim.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	1476684

Red blue white
            Last edited by Double Edge; 12 Jun 18,, 05:12.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
              Absolutely hilarious with how the Republicans acted on Cuba and Iran.

Comment

• A narcissistic lying traitor of a republic meets a despotic murderer of family despotate in a historic world first reality TV show stunt. The sign a piece of worthless paper (since neither can be trusted to keep their word anyway) and say "what a great show this is". *Audience applauds* credits...

Next on Trumpkin TV a rerun of the world famous "All the Deals I never did with Moscow".
                Last edited by snapper; 12 Jun 18,, 12:05.

Comment

• Who Got What in Singapore

The historic meeting between the President of the United States of America and the Chairman of the State Affairs Commission of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea produced a wonderful photo op, and not much more.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Kim Jong-un_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Donald J. Trump
                  To be taken seriously for the first time_ _ _ _ _ _ To be taken seriously for the first time

The attention of the world_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ The attention of the world

Vague statement on denuclearization_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Doesn’t have to stay an extra day

Suspension of US-ROK war games_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Offer to destroy a testing site

Confusion among US allies_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Chance to showboat instincts, ability, talent

US security guarantee_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Produced a Hollywood-style movie trailer!

Similar statement phrasing to 1994, 2005_ _ _ Repeat of an old commitment on KIAs

Bottom line: “As for the substance of the meeting, there wasn’t any.”
                  … as per The Washington Post.

The full text of the statement is here:
                  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44453330
                  Trust me?
                  I'm an economist!

Comment

• Originally posted by DOR View Post
                    Bottom line: “As for the substance of the meeting, there wasn’t any.”
                    … as per The Washington Post.
                    And anybody who expected anything else is more delusional than your usual Trump supporter.
                    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Looks like Trump is well on his way having a spot carved out on Mount Rushmore.

Can't wait to see this board implode when he gets re-elected. It's going to be better than the first time where every genius on this board said Trump didn't have a snowballs chance in hell.

I didn't care for Obama but I kept my mouth shut about it because he was 'my president' of 'my country'.

Never in my life have I seen such derangement, and the need to repeat the same thing over and over.

How many times does one have to repeat that Trump is "unfit", and that his supporters are "delusional".

We have the same members here regurigitating the same disdain over and over, and what was once a great board for debate has become nothing more than an echo chamber.

Notice there are hardly every any dissenting voices to the posts by the same few people over and over, yet these same people feel the need to voice their 'super intelligent' and 'morally superior' opinions in order to validate their worldview.

As a longtime lurker on this board it's something interesting to behold.

Like I said....can't wait to see ya'lls post and temper tamprums when Trump gets re-elected.

Comment

• Seeing as he has done nothing to protect your election mechanisms from the Muscovite interference that got him elected you may sadly be right.

Comment

• Originally posted by LongLurker View Post
                          Absolutely hilarious with how the Republicans acted on Cuba and Iran.
                          Agree wholeheartedly and if Obama had met with Kim he would have been accused of appeasement. What I see here looks very familiar to the past. Lots of gobblygook talk. In fact if anybody got anything out of this it was Kim. He got Trump to say US war games were "very provocative" and they should be stopped. Score: Kim: 1 Trump: still waiting
                          Last edited by tbm3fan; 12 Jun 18,, 17:08.

Comment

• Trump's got a de facto freeze on missile testing and a shuttering of a missile site, from what it sounds like. Denuclearization is a pipe-dream, the only thing you can hope for now is stopping (or rather slowing) NK's drive towards warheads and especially missile testing.

I agree it's probably a give-away without much, but I'm still waiting for more details.

Also the NK strategy is going to nuclearize as much as necessary to be considered a threat by the US, and the "threat" is measured by the willingness of the US to make some sort of concession. A hypothetical other-administration stonewalling and NOT talking to NK is going to result in NK doing more missile tests, and continuing to do so until the US altered its strategy. Which would happen, eventually.
                            Last edited by GVChamp; 12 Jun 18,, 18:27.
                            "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

• Originally posted by GVChamp View Post
                              a shuttering of a missile site
                              There was a landslide. They 'blew up' already non functional bits left over.

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
                                There was a landslide. They 'blew up' already non functional bits left over.
                                Isn't that referencing the nuclear bomb testing site, not the missile site?
                                "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

Working...
                                X