The Korean Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
    With what? Chinese AD defences ain't exactly Star Wars technology and they could not move anything resembling the Kuwait War into North Korea anytime fast. The bulk of the Chinese Air Force is the LAVI copy J10 with nowhere near the state of the art avionics. I don't think the USN or the USAF got anything to fear about the PLAAF.
    Don't have to defend the whole of NorK.

Pyongyang and a few strategic sites is all

Originally posted by citanon
    And as recently as last year a senior retired PLA general publicly advocated letting the use have its way with NK while creating a border buffer zone.
    That was in the context of NK of firing missiles at Guam in a unprovoked attack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post

KJU won't allow it. First of all, neither the PLAAF nor the KPAAF are integrated. They don't even speak the same language. The KPAAF is not capable of commanding PLAAF assets. That means that any AD Command would have to be a Chinese Command, meaning China have control of North Korean airspace and if the Chinese have control of the air, they have control of the ground.

And again, Chinese AD technology is not capable of challenging the USN and the USAF.
      Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post

That was in the context of NK of firing missiles at Guam in a unprovoked attack.
        I don't think he was very specific about the context. More importantly, what motivation would China have to take NK's side? They will pay severe costs with no benefits.

Comment

KJU won't allow it. First of all, neither the PLAAF nor the KPAAF are integrated. They don't even speak the same language. The KPAAF is not capable of commanding PLAAF assets. That means that any AD Command would have to be a Chinese Command, meaning China have control of North Korean airspace and if the Chinese have control of the air, they have control of the ground.
          Thinking this through. KJU fed pro-Chinese Generals and Ministers, including his uncle, to the dogs. He's not going to feed a Chinese General to the dogs. Once a Chinese General is in command of anything in North Korea, KJU would just become a very bad little boy to be sent to his room.

Acutually, I'm liking this idea more and more. Can we tell the Chinese where we're going to attack so they can stationed troops there? Like their nuclear weapons storage, launch sites, and the NK NCA? You know. With the Chinese in charge instead of KJU?

Can we pay the Chinese to do this?
          Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 16 Mar 18,, 17:58.
          Chimo

Comment

Thinking this through. KJU fed pro-Chinese Generals and Ministers, including his uncle, to the dogs. He's not going to feed a Chinese General to the dogs. Once a Chinese General is in command of anything in North Korea, KJU would just become a very bad little boy to be sent to his room.

Acutually, I'm liking this idea more and more. Can we tell the Chinese where we're going to attack so they can stationed troops there? Like their nuclear weapons storage, launch sites, and the NK NCA? You know. With the Chinese in charge instead of KJU?

Can we pay the Chinese to do this?
            Problem is other than sites near the Chinese border we literally can't pay China enough.

KJU is more afraid of a Chinese takeover than an US invasion. There's a significant chance that China would have to fight their way through.

Comment

• I know which is why the chances of the Chinese coming to KJU's aide is zero. KJU will not invite the Chinese in.
              Chimo

Comment

• So much for that friendship treaty

Comment

• Originally posted by citanon View Post
                  Problem is other than sites near the Chinese border we literally can't pay China enough.

KJU is more afraid of a Chinese takeover than an US invasion. There's a significant chance that China would have to fight their way through.

Willing to bet the lives of others on that?

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
                    Willing to bet the lives of others on that?
                    You do realize that we are betting lives no matter which way we choose right?

The only thing we have deterministic control over is the size of the risk. That limit evaporates once NK perfects an ICBM.

Comment

• Don't get me wrong - all dictators are despicable to me; Sic semper tyrannis. The fool should be squished. I merely consider the alternative means to squish him and the most benefit from the after squishing that accrues to the free world best in the long term - if one solution would involve more SK casualties in the short term for a greater long term benefit where SK basically takes over NK I would consider it. It is a calculation and not one that you guarantee will go according to plan but you have to hope for the best and plan for the worst. I am not happy seeing people die needlessly.
                      Last edited by snapper; 16 Mar 18,, 21:58.

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
                        Don't get me wrong - all dictators are despicable to me; Sic semper tyrannis. The fool should be squished. I merely consider the alternative means to squish him and the most benefit from the after squishing that accrues to the free world best in the long term - if one solution would involve more SK casualties in the short term for a greater long term benefit where SK basically takes over NK I would consider it. It is a calculation and not one that you guarantee will go according to plan but you have to hope for the best and plan for the worst. I am not happy seeing people die needlessly.
                        YOU WOULD CONSIDER IT?

Of all the arrogance you show on this board. IT IS NOT YOUR PLACE TO CONSIDER ANYTHING. YOU ARE NOT THE DECISION MAKER HERE.
                        Chimo

Comment

• I never claimed to be.

Comment

• Koream FM in DC for talks, who does she meet with. Her counterpart hasn't been confirmed yet

It will take a long time to denuclearise from a well advanced nuclear program. We approach this with clear eyes and nerves of steel
                            Last edited by Double Edge; 17 Mar 18,, 10:51.

Comment

• In the past China has said the US & NK should talk. NK is not a China issue. NK is a US issue.

Well that is more likely to happen now.

Problem ? Now China is in the background. On the outside. The most consequential security issue in the region is being managed without them

Same with Japan

Both worry that agreements could be made without their input and may be unable to influence outcomes to the extent preferred

Trump wouldn't ask for a Kim summit

Putin couldn't make a Trump Kim summit happen. How does he get a piece of the pie. Invitation to hold talks in Russia : D

Neither could Xi

South Koreans are driving this show. This is a Korean production
                              Last edited by Double Edge; 18 Mar 18,, 16:52.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                                lIn the past China has said the US & NK should talk. NK is not a China issue. NK is a US issue.
                                Well, no, NK is a Chinese issue also. Illegal immigration, smuggling, drug trade, counterfeit currency, NK gangs and mafia in China. And they are also extremely concerned about NK nukes. It's the day-to-day headaches and heartaches that drove the nuke issue to the backburner.
                                Chimo

Comment

Working...
                                X