No announcement yet.

The Korean Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope Rex stays , this quiet behind the scenes work is crucial to IR. If the media thinks he's too boring then it serves his purposes.

Comment

• Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
      And while the regforce NK deployments do outnumber the SKs, the force density favours the SKs tremendously. A division per mile of frontage. The SKs have the immediate local superiority.
      Sir,
      Could you please help me to clarify this point? How could NK, who has double number of troops, have less frontal density? And did you mean the combined US and SK troops have more than 150 divisions along the DMZ? I doubt if they have that many. Thank you.

Comment

• The NKs are spread further back from the DMZ while the SKs are piled right up front. Think of the 300 Spartans against the Persian Host.

Ideal NK divisional frontage is a division for every two miles while two to three divisons are behind that.

Also, don't get too caught up with numbers. While the NKs outnumber the SKs, the SKs outgunned the NKs.
        Chimo

Comment

• I have a few questions about NK's nucular (yes...I said nucular...) capabilities:

1. Does NK have the ability to produce a staged device?

2. Does NK have the ability to miniaturize a warhead suitable for deliver via missile?

3. What is the largest yield so far from NK's tests?
          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• 1. Not heard about staged. Hearing peple question re-entry. It's one thing sending rockets thousands of kms into the air and saying you can reach the US but if there isn't anything left on the descent..

2. some people think so

3. hard to say as is not clear how deep the test was conducted but couple of hundred kt is plausible. Yes the earlier figures of 100kt could be lower than reality
            Last edited by Double Edge; 23 Sep 17,, 08:39.

Comment

• Originally posted by gunnut View Post
              I have a few questions about NK's nucular (yes...I said nucular...) capabilities:

1. Does NK have the ability to produce a staged device?

2. Does NK have the ability to miniaturize a warhead suitable for deliver via missile?

3. What is the largest yield so far from NK's tests?
              You're missing the forest from the trees. Does Tiny Kim have the confidence he could hit Seattle with a nuke? The answer is obviously no.
              Chimo

Comment

You're missing the forest from the trees. Does Tiny Kim have the confidence he could hit Seattle with a nuke? The answer is obviously no.
                Oh I know and agree with you, sir. I'm just curious about the technical achievements of NK nuclear program.

Comment

• Let's see how far this really goes ...

September 23, 2017
                  China says to ban petroleum exports to North Korea

SHANGHAI (Reuters) -- China said on Saturday it will ban exports of some petroleum products to North Korea, as well as imports of textiles from the isolated North, to comply with a United Nations Security Council resolution.

The Ministry of Commerce said in a statement on its website that China would ban exports of refined petroleum products from Oct. 1, and of condensates and liquefied natural gas immediately.

Imports of textiles from North Korea would also be banned immediately, the statement said.
                  https://asia.nikkei.com/Politics-Eco...to-North-Korea
                  Trust me?
                  I'm an economist!

Comment

• Major Seismic activity reported in NK test area...China say underground explosion. SK say possible earth quake....??

Comment

• Speculation that it is possibly the mountain they conducted nuclear tests under collapsing or partially collapsing. Also US gov can't tell whether the explosion is man made or not, publicly at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toby View Post
                        Major Seismic activity reported in NK test area...China say underground explosion. SK say possible earth quake....??
                        Seismic activity detected huh. Ever heard of the Nydus Worm? XD

Comment

• Originally posted by hboGYT View Post
                          Bit like Nessy but in the soil?

Comment

A 3 million man army with 12 nukes preventing 450,000 Soviet troops with 200+ nukes from going west against NATO

So, does Russia see NK today as US saw China in the 70s and 80s?

Comment

• Originally posted by citanon View Post
                              So, does Russia see NK
                              Or you could say ..Does Mafia Russia see Mafia NK today as Mafia US saw Mafia China in the 70s and 80s?

Comment

• Originally posted by hboGYT View Post
                                Gotta keep a squad of marines handy to fend off the Nydus Worm. Sometimes I build a bunker in the middle of my base with marines inside.

Comment

Working...
                                X