The Korean Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
    That's just the problem: KJU has Xi advising him in how to deal with Trump. Between the two, I pick Xi.
    If that is the case, I will break open the champagne bottles. Xi would lock up the NK nukes and yank the nuclear trigger away from Fat Boy. Somehow, I doubt Fat Boy would let in even a token of Chinese troops as a show of "solidarity." KJU kowtowed. He did not let in a Chinese Governor.

So again, we're back to the Fat Boy and Trump.
    Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 29 Apr 18,, 04:03.
    Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
      Gosh darnit. You just made me think of something I want to say, but I don't want to say it.

It's something that begins with an M, squared.
      "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

If that is the case, I will break open the champagne bottles. Xi would lock up the NK nukes and yank the nuclear trigger away from Fat Boy. Somehow, I doubt Fat Boy would let in even a token of Chinese troops as a show of "solidarity." KJU kowtowed. He did not let in a Chinese Governor.

That's....none of what I said. :-(
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
          That's....none of what I said. :-(
          You said Xi would be advising KJU. Xi, more than anything else, wants to turn North Korea into a production factory so that the threat of refugees would be gone once and for all and for that, he needs stability and that means no nukes.

In order for KJU to not fear of a South Korean invasion, the Chinese would have to guarrantee North Korean Independence and the only way to do that is to put Chinese troops into North Korea to calm KJU's nerves without nukes.

KJU went to Beijing with hat-in-hand and was obedient. KJU was told that he would have to go begging to Seoul and to Trump. Trump will demand the denuclearization promised by Fat Boy and he will demand the job done before payment. Now, who could satisfy both? Xi. With Chinese troops in North Korea.

Something that I seriously doubt will happen since Fat Boy is not serious.
          Chimo

Comment

100 percent in agreement with you.
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

You said Xi would be advising KJU. Xi, more than anything else, wants to turn North Korea into a production factory so that the threat of refugees would be gone once and for all and for that, he needs stability and that means no nukes.

In order for KJU to not fear of a South Korean invasion, the Chinese would have to guarrantee North Korean Independence and the only way to do that is to put Chinese troops into North Korea to calm KJU's nerves without nukes.

KJU went to Beijing with hat-in-hand and was obedient. KJU was told that he would have to go begging to Seoul and to Trump. Trump will demand the denuclearization promised by Fat Boy and he will demand the job done before payment. Now, who could satisfy both? Xi. With Chinese troops in North Korea.

Are you saying that whatever KJU is doing now is done at the behest of Xi?

Comment

• Wait a minute.
                I'm confused.

Xi Jinping is going to take the nukes away from Fat Boy, but let Little Rocket Man keep his?
                Trust me?
                I'm an economist!

Comment

• Originally posted by hboGYT View Post
                  Are you saying that whatever KJU is doing now is done at the behest of Xi?
                  I'm saying that KJU has gone begging to Xi and Xi has laid down his terms. Xi wants stability in North Korea so there is growth. Getting rid of KJU would not increase stability at the moment.

Originally posted by DOR View Post
                  Wait a minute.
                  I'm confused.

Xi Jinping is going to take the nukes away from Fat Boy, but let Little Rocket Man keep his?
                  Compared to Trump, Xi is the Little Rocket Man. The IAEA states the PRC has enough fissile material for ~400 nukes. Trump has at his command over 8000. Xi is ridiculusly small when compared to the American nuclear arsenal.
                  Chimo

Comment

Xi wants stability in North Korea so there is growth.
                    Encouraging growth in NK so as to prevent a refugee problem is a sound idea and one the Chinese have been pushing for over ten years

Why the delay from NK ?

Is the NK leadership afraid that growth will lead to social and political instability, if anything it should cement the leaderships hold like it has to a certain extent the CCP

Or is it the determined nature to pursue nukes until success meant sanctions that precluded any chance of growth.
                    Last edited by Double Edge; 29 Apr 18,, 18:35.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                      Why the delay from NK ?
                      The Kims modelled themselves after Stalin. They didn't model themselves after Deng.
                      Chimo

Comment

The Kims modelled themselves after Stalin.
                        Which is exactly why they should be treated like a live hand grenade with the pin pulled and no spoon.

Comment

• Deng's no saint but like I said. People just disappearred. Deng didn't need show trials. But one thing I will say for Deng. He loved China more than he loved his legacy.

I don't get that impression from the Kims.
                          Chimo

Comment

• I think Kims plan is to dangle enough/give enough concessions to South Korea and Japan that they keep Trump from launching a preemptive strike.

Or at least keep Trump from launching a strike from either SK or Japanese soil.

The peace talks will take years to hash out. China will have to be a part of them. Discuss kidnapped Japanese people being allowed to return or given the option. First a list of those kidnapped as an incentive for the Japanese to pay war reparations to North Korea, like Japan did to the south.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                              Discuss kidnapped Japanese people being allowed to return or given the option. First a list of those kidnapped as an incentive for the Japanese to pay war reparations to North Korea, like Japan did to the south.
                              Japan was not a belligerant in the Korean War. She has no say in any peace treaty.
                              Chimo

Comment

Glad to agree for once but it begs the question of why give him a meeting with a President?

Comment

Working...
                                X