The Korean Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
    They are trying to tell the NK population that the world is scared of KJU and that he's the one dictating terms to Trump.
    Gotcha.

Never take anything NK media says at face value.
    I don't. Was just trying to figure out what they're trying to say with their propaganda.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• I'm wondering if KJU needs money and needs money fast. The sanctions are biting and his supporters might be calling in their cards.
      Chimo

Comment

• He already asked uncle Xi ?

Comment

• I don't know. I'm speculating as to the cause of all these offers. I was not expecting any of this. China, though, is not lifting sanctions.

KJI, KJU's father, had a good team in place to weather the famines. KJU fed half of that team to the dogs. So, KJU right off the bat don't have the same controls his father did.
          Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 21 Apr 18,, 20:27.
          Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
            I was wondering whether NK is implying with the word "verified" that they have working nuclear weapons, or if they mean that other powers have "recognized" NK as a nuclear power.
            I would say both, but more the second part (they've already bragged to their people about having working nuclear weapons, although I still doubt they have a deliverable warhead)

"The great DPRK is renown the world over for its invincible nuclear arsenal!"

Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
            I'm wondering if KJU needs money and needs money fast. The sanctions are biting and his supporters might be calling in their cards.
            Sir, I think you hit the nail on the head. As you said, the sanctions are biting and biting hard.
            This is nothing more than a ploy to bring the ROK and US to the bargaining table and wring money, food, equipment, fertilizer and anything they can obtain, as well as lift as many sanctions as possible.

Their concessions, especially claiming to being OK with continued US forces stationed on ROK soil, are as staggering as they are phony.
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
              I know it's propaganda... I was wondering whether NK is implying with the word "verified" that they have working nuclear weapons, or if they mean that other powers have "recognized" NK as a nuclear power.
              You would need a native Korean speaker to listen and tell you the proper word(s) in English based on audience. It could mean either or both.

Comment

I'm speculating as to the cause of all these offers.
                He really wants that hamburger meet up ? Americans must not get cold feet

I was not expecting any of this.
                Lots of curve balls, more to come

China, though, is not lifting sanctions.
                Hmm, that means KJU got work to do, must make the meeting work. No funny business.

KJI, KJU's father, had a good team in place to weather the famines. KJU fed half of that team to the dogs. So, KJU right off the bat don't have the same controls his father did.
                They have stockpiles to last over a year for fuel i understood. There could be shortages in other areas
                Last edited by Double Edge; 21 Apr 18,, 23:09.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                  He really wants that hamburger meet up ?
                  Gogigyeopbbang (English: double bread with meat).
                  "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                    Sir, I think you hit the nail on the head. As you said, the sanctions are biting and biting hard.
                    This is nothing more than a ploy to bring the ROK and US to the bargaining table and wring money, food, equipment, fertilizer and anything they can obtain, as well as lift as many sanctions as possible.

Their concessions, especially claiming to being OK with continued US forces stationed on ROK soil, are as staggering as they are phony.
                    No, I think YOU just figured it out. The NKs have been burned before. This time, it's Cash Up Front. That's their catch.
                    Chimo

Comment

• Just like a fund raiser then. Meet and greet, don't forget your pocket book : D

KJU gonna make the west PAY to talk to him

Comment

China, though, is not lifting sanctions.
                        Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                        Hmm, that means KJU got work to do, must make the meeting work. No funny business.
                        If that's truly the case, and I believe there is a very high probability that is true, then it present an interesting series of conclusions:

1. China is finally, fatally, fed up with the DPRK's antics. They tolerated the Old Man and his son. But the grandson is a different jar of kimchi altogether. Literally everything about Fat Boy is working against him.
                        (Having a potential radiological catastrophe barely 60 miles/95 kilometers from Chinese soil likely hasn't improve the CCP's mood in the slightest.

2. We're seeing yet another indication that, despite China's protests, they've got a collar and a very short leash around Kim and his gang.

Having said all that....I still don't trust a single thing that Xi or Kim says or promises. It's like trusting Donald Trump: Why in the blue hell would do you something so obviously stupid?
                        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Don't forget John Bolton

Doesn't wear yellow rain boots, does not dance in the rain, does not listen to ABBA

Knows where the bodies are buried as he helped bury a few

What could go wrong : D

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                            Having said all that....I still don't trust a single thing that Xi or Kim says or promises. It's like trusting Donald Trump: Why in the blue hell would do you something so obviously stupid?
                            Who else is there?
                            Chimo

Comment

Who else is there?
                              For the moment? Nobody. Which is exactly why this situation is goddamn dangerous.

All three of them are like like the scorpion in the old fable

Comment

• What in the hell just happened? Joe, I don't think sanctions are biting the upper elites of NKorea, and they don't care for the poor lot. Something else is at play here. The Colonel is hiding something.
                                Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Working...
                                X