No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 7 Episode 4 "Spoils of War"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that's an effect of outpacing the novelist. The producers are pretty good with visual story-telling and spectacles, though.
    All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.
    -Talmud Kohelet Rabbah, 7:16.

Comment

So...what was in the note which L.F. evidently planted for Arya to retrieve from his room?
      "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
      "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by S2 View Post
        So...what was in the note which L.F. evidently planted for Arya to retrieve from his room?
        I think that's the note Sansa sent to Robb to get him to come to Kings Landing. It's when Robb Stark calls the banner and starts the war.
        "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

Originally posted by GVChamp View Post
          I think that's the note Sansa sent to Robb to get him to come to Kings Landing. It's when Robb Stark calls the banner and starts the war.
          IIRC, that note was innocently written, under duress and led to believe by Cersi that Ned would be pardoned and all done right if Rob would reaffirm his allegiance by taking the knee before Geoffrey.

Not Cersi's intent but Sansa was innocently grasping for straws and very unaware of the ways of that world.

Clear that Little Finger would be happy driving a wedge between the two sisters. He's got nothing at all with which to control Arya and he's THAT CLOSE to her sending him to his just rewards.
          "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
          "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Whole pretty contrived story and ALL the costs of filming it are worth it for Maisie Williams (Arya).

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
              Euron has the dragon binder horn in the books so.... Losing the Iron Fleet is game over for Cersi, but that battle might not go Dany's way. Based on Theon's arrival on Dragonstone, we may see Dany invade the Iron Islands to rescue Yara and try and bait Euron.

The show completely and utterly botched the Greyjoy arc with Euron. How fast they were able to build that fleet was not well done. I don't need a season showing workers building ships, but it is still didn't make sense.
              In the show he looks like a complete clown. In the books, he is mysterious whereas the brother is the hard soldier.

Same with the Dornish arc story. Completely botched.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                Are you sure about this? I'm relying on the maps online, but it looks like they could march an army north if they wanted to. That may not be feasible and they may not wish to get involved now, but it doesn't look to me like they need ships to get there.

it is connected by land; but it faster to go via sea as their capital is all the way to the east.

Comment

Dany needs to hit those command and control elements first.
                  "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

Saw episode 6 yesterday

i have to admit the plot arc evolving around the reasons why they had to go North to capture an undead was incredibly weak. Perhaps it was rushed.
                    By far the first 4 episodes were the strongest (loved all 4 of them), but episodes 5-6 seem to be the weakest in terms of convincing the audience why they had to go north and the execution behind it.

The raven seem to be working like emails nowadays. I guess Eastwatch has the last wifi connection before getting into the Unknown Scotland, so that's why Gendry had to run back to the Hadrian's Wall.

Also would have been nice to have seen a few seconds screen times of the redshirts accompanying the Seven Samurai on their northward journey. And not just to see them at the point of their death, totally out of blue. I saw three redshirts getting killed, and everytime i thought it was on the main characters at first.

Comment

Originally posted by xerxes View Post
                      Saw episode 6 yesterday

i have to admit the plot arc evolving around the reasons why they had to go North to capture an undead was incredibly weak. Perhaps it was rushed.
                      By far the first 4 episodes were the strongest (loved all 4 of them), but episodes 5-6 seem to be the weakest in terms of convincing the audience why they had to go north and the execution behind it.

The raven seem to be working like emails nowadays. I guess Eastwatch has the last wifi connection before getting into the Unknown Scotland, so that's why Gendry had to run back to the Hadrian's Wall.

Also would have been nice to have seen a few seconds screen times of the redshirts accompanying the Seven Samurai on their northward journey. And not just to see them at the point of their death, totally out of blue. I saw three redshirts getting killed, and everytime i thought it was on the main characters at first.
                      Haha, As the Dothraki approach the Lannister army, the hearing them but not seeing them before they eventually appear across the horizon had a feel of Zulu in the Spoils of war. Nice flamethrower action from the USAF .....sorry I mean dragon

Comment

Originally posted by xerxes View Post
                        Saw episode 6 yesterday

Plot armor for another season.What are those zombies gonna do if they cannot breach the wall and take citadels.But now they are a threat for everybody,regardless of the ability to swim.

The whole world needs to join hands to stop Hitler,err Putin,err whoever the zombie king represents :) Kumbaya!
                        Those who know don't speak
                        He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

I'm just glad the Scots have finally breached Hadrian's Wall and are able to invade Westeros....
                          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                          Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                            I'm just glad the Scots have finally breached Hadrian's Wall and are able to invade Westeros....
                            so if the wildlings are the Scots then who are the undead..... A Glaswegian stag party?

Comment

Originally posted by Toby View Post
                              so if the wildlings are the Scots then who are the undead..... A Glaswegian stag party?
                              I think the author is saying the Scots are the undead...ya know, that whole painted blue part? or maybe its the Danes.

Is Dany filling the role of William of Normandy?

Either way the imagery is stark (get it!)

Oh well...back to binge watching Justified and pro and college Football!
                              “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                              Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                                I think the author is saying the Scots are the undead...ya know, that whole painted blue part? or maybe its the Danes.

Is Dany filling the role of William of Normandy?

Either way the imagery is stark (get it!)

Oh well...back to binge watching Justified and pro and college Football!
                                Ah right....I'm seeing it slightlly differently....probably because Im in the north.......but yeh the parallels are defo there......apparently the scots didn't paint themselves blue....just Mel Gibson.....probably on on a glaswegian stag do.....again..lol

Comment

Working...
                                X