Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 332

Thread: US plan to improve Afghan intelligence operations branded a $457m failure

  1. #166
    Senior Contributor
    Join Date
    12 Jul 13
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    2,661

  2. #167
    Senior Contributor
    Join Date
    12 Jul 13
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    2,661
    China rushes to Pakistan rescue after Donald Trump's outburst

    "Pakistan has made enormous efforts and sacrifice for the fight against terrorism and has made very outstanding contribution to the global cause of counter terrorism. The international community should acknowledge that," Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Geng Shuang said here when asked about Trump's criticism of Pakistan.
    As expected, but will China foot the bill?

  3. #168
    Turbanator Senior Contributor Double Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Sep 10
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    6,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Can't say for sure. I met a Para-SF guy (active combat duty) going home for vacations alongwith his wife and daughter. He didn't say much, but he did say that SFs actions are much more nowadays, than it used to be. That some get reported, many don't.

    Back in the days, only a handful of journalists had access to information this privy, now it's plastered all over the mainstream newspapers.
    So the leaks are selective. What is the intent ?

    domestic i think, to reassure the locals

    The key thing is for the Pakmil to read Indian media, and re-think their strategy vis-a-vis India, that terrorism hasn't paid the dividends they were promised and there's no shortage of gays in hell.
    Pakmil isn't the audience. If its harder to instigate the locals against us they are already losing

  4. #169
    Turbanator Senior Contributor Double Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Sep 10
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    6,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    China rushes to Pakistan rescue after Donald Trump's outburst



    As expected, but will China foot the bill?
    If China is the lender of last resort the terms will be horrendous which could work in our favour as resentment in Pakistan gradually builds

    It's just not an option, China doesn't have enough votes at the IMF & WB to counter the US
    Last edited by Double Edge; 02 Jan 18, at 16:22.

  5. #170
    Turbanator Senior Contributor Double Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Sep 10
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    6,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Upping the costs has resulted in terrorists and some Pakmil tangos getting neutralised. This is matching the enemy in body counts. Unless fire is stocked inside Pak, and their Generals start falling victims to terrorist attacks, PA will continue with their failed antics.
    The generals will only be targeted if the Pak's take action. Musharraf had two attempts against him fail

    The Peshawar school attack & the airport attack are evidence of when the Paks cooperate

    Look for the blood toll.

    As a result of Peshawar the National Action Plan was drawn up with its eight points. A year an a bit later the NAP was conveniently forgotten.
    Last edited by Double Edge; 02 Jan 18, at 16:28.

  6. #171
    Turbanator Senior Contributor Double Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Sep 10
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    6,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    They've been using the reimbursement line for a while now. The article doesn't clarify what share the US is reimbursing and what is mil to mil aid

    All baby steps, but Trump is setting the right tone & mood

    It's a positive step, but the devil is in the details. Will it be enforced. How well can they tell whether the law is being followed.

    Course it could be that a political party can raise its own funds anyway and doesn't need to seek aid any longer. So financing remains more or less intact, could actually increase as now LeT will be openly campaigning and contesting elections

    So this move won't affect LeT operations. This will take time to assess though. A year or two later what changes
    Last edited by Double Edge; 02 Jan 18, at 16:26.

  7. #172
    Senior Contributor
    Join Date
    12 Jul 13
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    So the leaks are selective. What is the intent ?
    Letting citizens know that blood has been avenged(?).

    Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    domestic i think, to reassure the locals
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    Pakmil isn't the audience. If its harder to instigate the locals against us they are already losing
    Right.

    As of today, Unprovoked ceasefire violation by Pakistan kills BSF jawan on his birthday

  8. #173
    Senior Contributor
    Join Date
    12 Jul 13
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    If China is the lender of last resort the terms will be horrendous which could work in our favour as resentment in Pakistan gradually builds

    It's just not an option, China doesn't have enough votes at the IMF & WB to counter the US
    Empty posturing. Very soon Pak will go to IMF for another tranche of circular debt. They also have been saying things about Russia, Iran, Turkey etc backing Paks. To think the ghazis are so delusional is an under statement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    The generals will only be targeted if the Pak's take action. Musharraf had two attempts against him fail

    The Peshawar school attack & the airport attack are evidence of when the Paks cooperate

    Look for the blood toll.

    As a result of Peshawar the National Action Plan was drawn up with its eight points. A year an a bit later the NAP was conveniently forgotten.
    That was because Musharraf did take some action, unconvincing, but he did take some. And don't be surprised if those attacks on his life were orchestrated by the ISI. The reality is the Pakmil is so deep down the rabbit-hole that they have started to sacrifice their citizens and even the kids, just so that the Generals comes out unscathed.

  9. #174
    Senior Contributor
    Join Date
    12 Jul 13
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    They've been using the reimbursement line for a while now. The article doesn't clarify what share the US is reimbursing and what is mil to mil aid

    All baby steps, but Trump is setting the right tone & mood
    Details have been given out in articles that followed Trump's tweet.;-)

    The State Dept is not in sync with Trumps' White House, even though right now it sounds as if all agree to what should be done with the Paks.

    Donald Trump's attitude towards Pakistan more realistic than recent US Presidents

    Oh!, and Pak is angry - Pakistan test-fires naval cruise missile Harba. Assuring the ghazis that all is going to be well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    It's a positive step, but the devil is in the details. Will it be enforced. How well can they tell whether the law is being followed.

    Course it could be that a political party can raise its own funds anyway and doesn't need to seek aid any longer. So financing remains more or less intact, could actually increase as now LeT will be openly campaigning and contesting elections

    So this move won't affect LeT operations. This will take time to assess though. A year or two later what changes
    Obfuscation.

    As soon as the Pakmil and ISI gets caught with their pants down, the Pakmil uses 3 strategies:

    #1. Use their ambassador in US/lobbyists, Pak PM and other politicians to fly to the US and start begging behind closed doors.

    #2. Use propaganda articles of how deep their relationship with China is, and that Russia is backing them, Turkey is backing them too from 1000s of miles away and even Iran. Basically all the couuntries which have some sort of friction with the US. That Pak doesn't need US anymore, nor does Pak want US money.

    #3. Give out false equivalence like how Pak lost $123 billion dollars in the course of WOT, lost 70K ghazis, and another 15K security ghazis, and then pin the blame on India-US relationship, US-India suspicions to CPEC etc.

    Such a pathetic, delusional, terrorist country.

  10. #175
    Turbanator Senior Contributor Double Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Sep 10
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    6,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Empty posturing. Very soon Pak will go to IMF for another tranche of circular debt. They also have been saying things about Russia, Iran, Turkey etc backing Paks. To think the ghazis are so delusional is an under statement.
    All three in Americas bad books at the moment


    The reality is the Pakmil is so deep down the rabbit-hole that they have started to sacrifice their citizens and even the kids, just so that the Generals comes out unscathed.
    Human shields ?

    this is back to front. The Pakmil is supposed to be protecting them

    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    As soon as the Pakmil and ISI gets caught with their pants down, the Pakmil uses 3 strategies:

    #1. Use their ambassador in US/lobbyists, Pak PM and other politicians to fly to the US and start begging behind closed doors.

    #2. Use propaganda articles of how deep their relationship with China is, and that Russia is backing them, Turkey is backing them too from 1000s of miles away and even Iran. Basically all the couuntries which have some sort of friction with the US. That Pak doesn't need US anymore, nor does Pak want US money.

    #3. Give out false equivalence like how Pak lost $123 billion dollars in the course of WOT, lost 70K ghazis, and another 15K security ghazis, and then pin the blame on India-US relationship, US-India suspicions to CPEC etc.

    Such a pathetic, delusional, terrorist country.
    If they're caught with their pants down and begging then i expect to see some visible cooperation from their side however piece meal
    Last edited by Double Edge; 03 Jan 18, at 20:30.

  11. #176
    Senior Contributor
    Join Date
    12 Jul 13
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    All three in Americas bad books at the moment
    Yes. I'd play the same game when I was say, errr... 7 years old. Coming from the top echelons of the Pakmil, this is just being desperate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    Human shields ?

    this is back to front. The Pakmil is supposed to be protecting them
    Pakmil is known for butchering its own citizens. 1971 and 3 million innocent Bengali (Hindu & Muslim) comes to mind. You might also take a look at what is happening in Balochistan presently. Bloodthirstly vultures.

    Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    If they're caught with their pants down and begging then i expect to see some visible cooperation from their side however piece meal
    That is what the US too wants to see, for 15 long years. The Pakmil then thrown in some low-level tango infront of the Americans and they lap it up as "Pak has started to change...". Pak will never change, because the Pakmil is not going to change their strategy vis-a-vis India in Kashmir and India in Afghanistan.

    Funny that there are no Paks in here for the last many years, or should I say since Usama Bin Ladens' death. Would have been good to get a perspective from inside the global terrorist heartland.

  12. #177
    Senior Contributor
    Join Date
    12 Jul 13
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    2,661

  13. #178
    Senior Contributor
    Join Date
    12 Jul 13
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    2,661
    Pakistan: Test of US influence and power

    If the timing of his 6:12 am tweet on New Year’s Day – while the country was barely awake after the midnight celebrations – seemed a puzzle, the provocation was revealed later when US commander in Afghanistan, Gen. John Nicholson, announced the death of the soldier in Nangarhar province, which borders Pakistan. Four other soldiers were injured in the attack.

  14. #179
    Turbanator Senior Contributor Double Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Sep 10
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    6,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Funny that there are no Paks in here for the last many years, or should I say since Usama Bin Ladens' death. Would have been good to get a perspective from inside the global terrorist heartland.
    They will show up when the US tightens the screws

  15. #180
    Senior Contributor
    Join Date
    12 Jul 13
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    They will show up when the US tightens the screws
    US suspends security assistance to Pakistan

    More squeeze!!!

    America suspends entire security aid to Pakistan

    Pakistan on special watchlist for 'severe violations of religious freedom': US

    From Jihad Central!!!
    Last edited by Oracle; 05 Jan 18, at 04:39.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 7 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 7 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Oregon Stimulus plan miserable failure
    By highsea in forum American Politics & Economy
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 17 Mar 10,, 04:13
  2. Afghan and U.S. Officials Plan to Recruit Local Militias
    By 1980s in forum Operation Iraqi Freedom/Operation New Dawn
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24 Dec 08,, 15:16
  3. Bush's Intelligence Overhaul a `Failure
    By Ray in forum American Politics & Economy
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02 Feb 07,, 05:20
  4. Reid branded 'an enemy of Islam' during speech
    By Parihaka in forum International Politics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21 Sep 06,, 05:34
  5. 15 year old boy branded by employer
    By platinum786 in forum International Politics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04 Jun 06,, 01:26

Share this thread with friends:

Share this thread with friends:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •