No announcement yet.

US plan to improve Afghan intelligence operations branded a $457m failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade between Pakistan and Afghanistan on the rocks | CRSS Blog | 2 Nov 2017

Will the policy makers in Pakistan wake up to see Afghanistan from wider lens rather than merely through a security prism? If Pakistan fails to address this all important question, it will eventually force her back against the wall.

Comment

• India to help Afghanistan get 6 Soviet-era choppers back into combat | The Print | Nov 6 2017

Two years after announcing its decision to gift Afghanistan four attack helicopters, India has decided to step up its military assistance to the war-torn country and help get six of its Soviet-era combat helicopters back into service.

An Indian Air Force team, it is learnt, recently visited Afghanistan to assess old helicopters in the Afghan Air Force inventory. On return, it concluded that some basic work on the choppers could be done in India, but the complete overhaul would have to be done in Russia.

Government sources told ThePrint that based on this assessment, New Delhi decided to hold talks with Moscow to reach an arrangement through which India could foot the bill for the repairs in Russia.

In 2015, India decided to gift Afghanistan four Mi-25 helicopters, a gesture that was made public when Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Kabul in December that year.

The Afghan Air Force has deployed the four choppers, all of which were delivered last year, in active combat operations. The feedback from Afghanistan, sources said, has been positive with top Afghan officials conveying that the helicopters give them a definite edge on ground operations.

Comment

• Lashkar making way for Jaish in Kashmir

In his 105-minute speech inside a mosque in Pakistan, Azhar admitted that Jaish was behind the BSF camp attack in Srinagar — belying China's claim that there isn't enough evidence against him.
        What will Dineshwar Sharma as an interlocutor achieve? There have been many. Wise men prepare for war, not waste time on talks with terrorists and countries supporting terrorists.
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
            What will Dineshwar Sharma as an interlocutor achieve? There have been many. Wise men prepare for war, not waste time on talks with terrorists and countries supporting terrorists.
            Heh. there is some head scratching among watchers as to why the govt decided an interlocutor was necessary. Their ad hoc policy blows hot and cold, you could say wrt to Pakistan as well since this govt began office

Watch
            Last edited by Double Edge; 08 Nov 17,, 11:23.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
              Heh. there is some head scratching among watchers as to why the govt decided an interlocutor was necessary. Their ad hoc policy blows hot and cold, you could say wrt to Pakistan as well since this govt began office

Watch
              What does the 1 hr video say? I said it before India (Congress/BJP/Aliens) has no Pakistan policy. Or maybe this is a disguise to weed out the........well weeds.

US presence in Afghanistan is in Indian interests.

#1. Real time actionable intelligence from the CIA.
              #2. This time Pak will be on its toes all the time.
              #3. China doesn't have an open playground all too itself, nor does Russia or Iran.

And with Allahs' grace and Pak mils frustation, they commit that one mistake.
              Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• North Korean envoy's alcohol stash raises bootlegging suspicions in Pakistan
                Lol.

Comment

• Beijing's stand on Masood Azhar doing material harm to China-India ties: Experts

Comment

• The expectation is they will try again one more time to oppose and after that it will get harder for the reasons mentioned. They are stalling for time until the Paks can find some way to shuffle him around

Comment

• I was expecting this - Myanmar's Rohingya insurgency has links to Saudi, Pakistan
                      More jewels for Pakistan.
                      Last edited by Oracle; 10 Nov 17,, 03:17.

Comment

• Pentagon must show Pak repercussions of supporting terror: US lawmakers

The lawmakers, in a joint report of the Senate and House Armed Services committees released on Thursday, asked the Pentagon to "demonstrate to Pakistan the consequences of continued support to terrorists".

Such a demand from lawmakers comes days after the Indian security forces recovered US-made rifle meant for Pakistan from a terrorist in Jammu and Kashmir.

A carbine Colt recovered from an encounter site in Pulwama district, where three Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) militants, including its chief Masood Azhar's nephew Talha Rashid, were killed on Monday night.

The US State Department refused to respond to a question on recovery of equipment from terrorists.

"We refer you to the government of India regarding their investigation into this matter," a State Department spokesperson told PTI.
                        Terrorists still operating in Pakistan with impunity, claims US Congressman
                        Last edited by Oracle; 10 Nov 17,, 16:10.

Comment

• US Congress authorises $700 million for reimbursing Pakistan

No change in Pakistan's behaviour: US general

Comment

• US pressing India, Pakistan for dialogue: Report

Comment

• Two newspapers reporting the same topic with 2 versions in the headlines.

Pakistan, US trade blame over cross-border terrorism - Dawn

US CENTCOM Gen Joseph lauds Pakista’s role in regional stability
                              Last edited by Oracle; 17 Nov 17,, 06:06.

Comment

• Another youth shuns militancy, returns home

Comment

Working...
                                X