Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remington Customer Service

Hey souls

Anyone has any experience with Remington Customer Service?

Background:
    I have a new Rem 700 that I am trying to install a scope on. Stupid thing has once Receiver screw stuck n so tight that I nearly scratched the receiver trying to take it off. The screw is now stripped and beyond my ability to take off. I have a service ticket open with them. They have UPS pick it up to do an estimate. So far the ticket tracking method I have seen is not impressing me

Wondering if anyone has first hand experience in this.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Try this mate on ebay

stripped screw remover .for future reference if needed .
    Last edited by tankie; 24 Jul 17,, 13:51.

Comment

Update: quick turnaround from Remington. They got the gun on Wednesday, fixed it and shipped it. I got it back on Friday, with that blasted screw removed. no cost from my side.

Great job Remington

Feedback: their repair tracking system is absolutely ineffective
      "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Just curious.Weren't you able to remove that with an electric screwdriver?
        Those who know don't speak
        He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

The screw head was stripped. The screwdriver bit would not bite. I tried lubrication, heat, using a rubber band under the screw bit, everything I could think of. The last ditch procedure to fix this is to actually drill through the screw head instead of trying to open it up. I think that is what was done.

Comment

Gotta love slotted screws. In a more perfect world more screws would be torx head. Personally I would have gone to the local gunsmith. There would be a cost but could have been a 5 minute job...in and out. Might have been worth it to avoid shipping it and worrying where the hell it is and if the shipping company is taking care of it. What scope do you have for it? Over the last year I have replaced/upgraded by mix of scopes to Leupolds VX3i.
            Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
              Gotta love slotted screws. In a more perfect world more screws would be torx head. Personally I would have gone to the local gunsmith. There would be a cost but could have been a 5 minute job...in and out. Might have been worth it to avoid shipping it and worrying where the hell it is and if the shipping company is taking care of it. What scope do you have for it? Over the last year I have replaced/upgraded by mix of scopes to Leupolds VX3i.
              To their credit, they handled it quite well, and no cost on my side. UPS guy picked up on Monday, I was out for the week cam back on Thursday night. The piece arrived on Friday midday. By Sunday, the scope and new Magpul Hunter stock was on.

I use the Primary Arm 4 -14x44 FFP scope. This is what the gun looks like now. Well, this, on a Harris style bipod

Click image for larger version

Name:	Remington 700 AA Sd Magpul Hunter stock.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	568.7 KB
ID:	1471284

Comment

Gotta love, the Magpul products. Their stuff is top notch and if you have problems, they stand behind their products.

Comment

Originally posted by surfgun View Post
                  Gotta love, the Magpul products. Their stuff is top notch and if you have problems, they stand behind their products.
                  My newer rifles are all Magpul furniture - AR, AK, Mossy 12 gauge and now this

Good products, tonnes of functionality, aesthetically pleasing. Where they kill you is with the pricing of the smaller accessories. I paid 20 for a tiny M-lok bipod swivel mount!! I am told the Magpul guys stuff their mattresses with extra Benjamins to add lumbar support.

Comment

On another note Remington has just filed for bankruptcy. Looks like after debt loading it s only worth about 250 MIL or so. Looks like it badly needs a 'suger daddy' investor.
                    If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

Working...
                    X