Page 79 of 95 FirstFirst ... 70717273747576777879808182838485868788 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1417

Thread: Border face-off: China and India each deploy 3,000 troops

  1. #1171
    Senior Contributor
    Join Date
    03 Sep 17
    Posts
    2,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    Let's give this a little test drive shall we.

    India's signed LEMOA recently so how about some USN show up at Indian ports to restock.

    What effect it will have on the present crisis with China : )
    Still the USN.

    Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    I don't expect the PA to jump in but the PLA AF could make use of their air bases.

    That would make them targets for us though. Would the Paks accept this.

    PA massing troops on their side just PR for their people that India won't take back PO J&K.
    In 1987, the PLA was ready to go through a Pakistan 2nd Front to get to India. They did not ask for Pakistan's ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Name and shame. Loss of face is what China cares deeply. It doesn't matter if the crowd consists of 3 people, China will not get a face saver this time, just like Doklam.



    Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    The 3 T's

    Good initiative, could get bigger with time.



    Maybe covid restrictions on crowd size in NYC. As well as fear of getting into groups.

    Not finding much in terms of numbers in the CDC's guidelines though or the city's guidelines..

    There's a lot there that would resonate with Americans.
    It's New York City. They're nothing more than another bunch of idiots protesting something. Before this COVID thing, you get them everyday. Besides it's 4 July American Independence Day. No one noticed. No one cared.

    You guys did notice that there no major network coverage.

  2. #1172
    Senior Contributor Oracle's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Jul 13
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,712
    Quote Originally Posted by WABs_OOE View Post
    It's New York City. They're nothing more than another bunch of idiots protesting something. Before this COVID thing, you get them everyday. Besides it's 4 July American Independence Day. No one noticed. No one cared.

    You guys did notice that there no major network coverage.
    Colonel, I post such items for some special lurkers. You should know by now, that these protests mean nothing on the ground situation, and that I know it. And, some do sign up, only to be assassinated by you. :D
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

  3. #1173
    Senior Contributor Oracle's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Jul 13
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,712
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    Palki's already spoken about Valdivostok
    Well, Vladivostok was actually ruled by the Chinese earlier. But good luck comrade Xi in getting Vladivostok from comrade Putin.

    Who'd eat whom for breakfast?

    Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    Would Winnie the pooh and katora khan even to go their own toilets without security ?
    Extra-judicial murder? :D
    Last edited by Oracle; 05 Jul 20, at 13:32.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

  4. #1174
    Turbanator Senior Contributor Double Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Sep 10
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    11,446
    Quote Originally Posted by WABs_OOE View Post
    Still the USN.
    Right, i want to see what effect USN visits to Indian ports has on China


    Quote Originally Posted by WABs_OOE View Post
    In 1987, the PLA was ready to go through a Pakistan 2nd Front to get to India. They did not ask for Pakistan's ok.
    1987 yeah, how about today ?

    Here is the ORBAT

    That's just in J&K

    I'm told we've got 3 strike corps facing the Paks.

    How lucky does the PA feel : )

    Should point out that the Paks are massing their troops in the GB area which does not have much action.

    The hot zone is to the south. Azad Kashmir area. PA isn't massing any troops there.
    Last edited by Double Edge; 05 Jul 20, at 16:53.

  5. #1175
    Senior Contributor
    Join Date
    03 Sep 17
    Posts
    2,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    1987 yeah, how about today ?
    The point is that China is not going to ask Pakistan for permission. They're coming along whether they like it or not and judging from the joint communique between them, the Pakistanis are now going to like it ... even if they don't like it.

  6. #1176
    Turbanator Senior Contributor Double Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Sep 10
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    11,446
    Quote Originally Posted by WABs_OOE View Post
    The point is that China is not going to ask Pakistan for permission. They're coming along whether they like it or not and judging from the joint communique between them, the Pakistanis are now going to like it ... even if they don't like it.
    What is China thinking ? they want to put a pincer on J&K by attacking from both sides.

    How do they expect to keep that western side supplied though. One little road through the Karakoram isn't enough.

    All India has to do is retake GB thereby severing the land bridge between China & Pakistan.

    China will then have pre-empted what it was trying to avoid in the first place. Will be a loss for both of them.

    So just cannot see the Paks coming into play here.

    I'm not sure how India holds on to GB post this conflict as defending that area will have its own challenges.

    So China must be betting that India won't take GB but this leaves open the question why would we ignore attacks coming from there.

    We would not. We'd have to counter them.
    Last edited by Double Edge; 05 Jul 20, at 19:21.

  7. #1177
    Senior Contributor
    Join Date
    03 Sep 17
    Posts
    2,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    What is China thinking ? they want to put a pincer on J&K by attacking from both sides.
    This isn't a conquest of India. Their doctrine is the War Zone Campaign. Short deliberate thrust to destroy enemy formations in a battle of annhilation. If they plan for a 45 day campaign, they will stockpile for a 45 day campaign. Once that's over, it's over. And a retreat is mandated whether they win or lose.

  8. #1178
    Senior Contributor Mihais's Avatar
    Join Date
    15 Apr 08
    Location
    Transylvania
    Posts
    5,177
    1.Sir,what you say is also the most feasible and logical way for China to win this.They're surrounded,which also means they have interior lines.Break each member of the opposition against them,which is every neighbour, by quick campaigns.Or break the will of the biggest one(India) and guarantee the submission of everybody else.I'm thinking the Central Asian Stans,which leads to Iran=> they get all the oil,gas and food they need.
    USN just gets bypassed if the Chinese troops have direct access to Middle East.

    And if India will get a beating,what is Thailand or Malaysia going to think?

    2.If China gets a trashing in India,it only means the easy way is out,they still get several more chances,with weaker foes,but also with less impact.
    Those who know don't speak
    He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

  9. #1179
    Turbanator Senior Contributor Double Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Sep 10
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    11,446
    China has to win this as a stalemate is a lose for them and a PR victory for India.

    India just has to not lose.

  10. #1180
    Senior Contributor
    Join Date
    03 Sep 17
    Posts
    2,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    China has to win this as a stalemate is a lose for them and a PR victory for India.

    India just has to not lose.
    One problem. India sucks at propaganda! China has decades of it. The 1962 Sino-Indo War was a Chinese military disaster. Who is deemed to have won it? Even in the 1979 Sino-VN War in which the Chinese got their noses bloody, the Chinese threat to VN was not reduced one single bit. Hell, they even spread the Little Red Book across the world, the most worthless piece of garbage of social engineering if there was one.

    If it comes down to PR, it's not just the edge that belongs to China but the who damned cliff.

  11. #1181
    Turbanator Senior Contributor Double Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Sep 10
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    11,446
    Quote Originally Posted by WABs_OOE View Post
    One problem. India sucks at propaganda! China has decades of it. The 1962 Sino-Indo War was a Chinese military disaster. Who is deemed to have won it? Even in the 1979 Sino-VN War in which the Chinese got their noses bloody, the Chinese threat to VN was not reduced one single bit. Hell, they even spread the Little Red Book across the world, the most worthless piece of garbage of social engineering if there was one.

    If it comes down to PR, it's not just the edge that belongs to China but the who damned cliff.
    I'm thinking Kanwal Sibal is on to something.

    All India has to do is hold the PLA to a standoff for the next six months.

    This is when questions will be asked in Beijing as to what their PLA is doing there with nothing to show for : )

  12. #1182
    Turbanator Senior Contributor Double Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Sep 10
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    11,446
    Quote Originally Posted by WABs_OOE View Post
    This isn't a conquest of India. Their doctrine is the War Zone Campaign. Short deliberate thrust to destroy enemy formations in a battle of annhilation. If they plan for a 45 day campaign, they will stockpile for a 45 day campaign. Once that's over, it's over. And a retreat is mandated whether they win or lose.
    Not conquest of India. Best i got is land grab of J&K

    Then divvy up the spoils with the Paks

  13. #1183
    Senior Contributor
    Join Date
    03 Sep 17
    Posts
    2,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    Not conquest of India. Best i got is land grab of J&K

    Then divvy up the spoils with the Paks
    Which again comes down to ... more rocks. This outsider sees damned little of use. No trade routes. No minerals. A military committement that can be served by a flyover twice a year and any detection of penetration can easily be countered by causing a landslide (oops). You want to do patrols? Have a whisky war.

  14. #1184
    Senior Contributor Oracle's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Jul 13
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,712
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

  15. #1185
    Patron
    Join Date
    02 Nov 10
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by WABs_OOE View Post
    This isn't a conquest of India. Their doctrine is the War Zone Campaign. Short deliberate thrust to destroy enemy formations in a battle of annhilation. If they plan for a 45 day campaign, they will stockpile for a 45 day campaign. Once that's over, it's over. And a retreat is mandated whether they win or lose.
    The strategic goals of a power with limited means expand with those means. In fact, they expand if the victories on the ground turn out to be easier than anticipated. Equally, they contract if progress is harder than expected. That's just life, whether in war or peace.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 5 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. PLA troops spotted near China-Vietnam border
    By Mithridates in forum East Asia and the Pacific
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 15 Jun 14,, 04:57
  2. China, India Sign Border Defense Pacts
    By Cactus in forum Central and South Asia
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23 Nov 13,, 15:40
  3. China, India should settle border issues: Wen
    By Tronic in forum Central and South Asia
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 25 Jun 12,, 16:58
  4. India, China face-off in the Indian Ocean
    By CityOfNineGates in forum Naval Warfare
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07 Feb 09,, 18:03
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07 Nov 03,, 01:06

Share this thread with friends:

Share this thread with friends:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •