Ex-FBI Director Mueller appointed DOJ Special Counsel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
    What Trump doesn't say is becoming as contentious as what he does say. You're galled because he didn't say what you think he should have said. And who knows? Maybe if he had said more, you would have found something wrong with that too. I agree he should have started out with something about progress uncovering and going after foreigners who tamper with our elections. But I don't think that omission means he doesn't "give a shit" about the USA.
    Oh I don't know about that after catching up on the tweet manic. It seems to me he has blamed everyone in the U.S. from the FBI, CIA, DOJ, HRC, Pelosi, Schiff, McCain, Schumer, Batman, Superman, Paul Bunyan, Johnny Appleseed and the Jolly Green Giant for his problems. Notice he has left Russia out so yeah it is all about him.

Comment

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
      It very clearly was based on the steele dossier. What we have is the HRC/DNC using cutouts paying Russians to meddle in our election.

This was the Russians using the GOPers to attack Clinton and the Democrats.

Someday, maybe not anytime soon, but someday, you'll realize you've been played like a patsy by the Russians. One day you'll wake up and see that all the lies you believed were planted in your head by media trolls operating on behalf of Moscow. It's very hard to admit to being a fool, but that is the first step toward understanding.
      Trust me?
      I'm an economist!

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
        Well someone else understands Trump. Are you a native New Yorker by chance?
        No sir just someone who recognizes the personality type.
        I mean, it is so obvious that a blind man could see it
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• On a lighter note... has anybody ever considered the possibility that Donald Trump is entirely bald, but for one single hair on his head which is 50,000 feet in length, and he achieves the appearance of a full head of hair by wrapping that single hair to and fro thus giving the illusion of a full head of hair?

Something to ponder.
          "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
            Let's be honest here: Donald Trump doesn't give a single shit about anybody or anything but himself, period.
            That includes the United States, but it's nothing personal. The United States simply isn't Donald Trump.
            If we're going to be honest, we'd have to admit that no one really knows how much he cares for the country, or if it comes to crunch time whether he'll put himself or country first.
            To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

• If we're going to be honest, we'd have to admit that no one really knows how much he cares for the country, or if it comes to crunch time whether he'll put himself or country first.
              er...if he can't go to bat for his country on the "easy" gimmees-- for instance, simply acknowledging that Putin interfered in the election-- what makes you think he'll suddenly put country first when crunch time rolls around?
              There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
                er...if he can't go to bat for his country on the "easy" gimmees-- for instance, simply acknowledging that Putin interfered in the election-- what makes you think he'll suddenly put country first when crunch time rolls around?
                You read me wrong. I didn't say he'll put his country first when crunch time comes. I said we don't know, and we includes me, you and er...
                To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

• Obama’s secret struggle to punish Russia for Putin’s election assault from 06/2107 Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...=.94f0e5c01006

General Flynn was a known quantity

Also a very recent interview with former Sec of Defense Ash Carter. The War America is not fighting. https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...a-trump-217027
                  Last edited by Dazed; 20 Feb 18,, 07:10.

Comment

• Since he never has put your country before himself I cannot see much about to make him change his ways. In the week Pompeo was warning about Muscovite interference in your next elections Trump refused to apply the sanction pass in the Congress Law and had the heads of the FSB, SVR and GRU in Washington.

Comment

• Anyone know if this Gates guy has actually decided to cooperate? If he has the chances are Manafort is done for or will seek a deal himself and he knows lots. If I were in Mueller shoes Manafort would be one of my primary targets - though I would also go Felix Sater (Sheferovsky) - who's Pater is a known Muscovite Mafia sub boss - and co to get the whole history. There is 'beyond reasonable doubt' evidence of Trump money laundering dirty Muscovite already - remember the 'Maison de l'Amitié' (which they have spelled wrong - should be Amiteé) deal, apart from the Bayrock money and all the Muscovites and connected people who 'happened' to stay at Trump properties. When you have proved the money laundering case you provide an 'ulterior interest' and from there you only need them asking Moscow for help in manipulating the election result and that amounts to collusion for the sake of Trump and an foreign power.

Comment

• Mueller has indicted Alex Van der Zwaan far making false statements to the FBI, something regarding his work for a Ukrainian ministry, presumably during the Yanukovych era. Looks like its related to the Manafort-Gates indictments.
                        Last edited by Ironduke; 20 Feb 18,, 15:49.

Comment

• snapper,

Anyone know if this Gates guy has actually decided to cooperate?
                          ask and ye shall receive, lol.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...h-making-false
                          There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
                            Anyone know if this Gates guy has actually decided to cooperate?
                            Yes, he's completely cooperating and had a 'Queen for a Day' interview. Mueller's going to have that much more evidence and leverage over Manafort as a result of that.

Comment

• There's a subreddit called 'The Mueller', lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Mueller/

Van der Zwaan indictment:
                              https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...nformation.pdf

In Manafort news: https://www.buzzfeed.com/jasonleopol...2Dw#.dyV21JN9W

Manafort Under Scrutiny For $40 Million In “Suspicious” Transactions

Federal law enforcement officials have identified more than $40 million in “suspicious” financial transactions to and from companies controlled by President Donald Trump’s former campaign manager Paul Manafort — a much larger sum than was cited in his October indictment on money laundering charges.

The vast web of transactions was unraveled mainly in 2014 and 2015 during an FBI operation to fight international kleptocracy that ultimately fizzled. The story of that failed effort — and its resurrection by special counsel Robert Mueller as he investigated whether the Trump campaign colluded with Russia to interfere with the 2016 election — has never been fully told.

But it explains how the special counsel was able to swiftly bring charges against Manafort for complex financial crimes dating as far back as 2008 — and it shows that Mueller could still wield immense leverage as he seeks to compel Manafort to cooperate in the ongoing investigation.
                              [...]
                              In 2014, then–attorney general Eric Holder announced an FBI team that would tackle international kleptocracy — and its first target would be ousted Ukrainian president Viktor Yanukovych, Manafort’s longtime client and a close ally of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

To find the hundreds of millions or even billions of dollars Yanukovych and his aides were suspected of stealing, the task force scoured the globe, working with governments in Cyprus, Latvia, Ukraine, and elsewhere, said two former federal law enforcement officials with direct knowledge of the effort. In doing so, the team stumbled across Manafort. As one of the former officials recalled, agents were told that he might have leads on where Yanukovych had stashed his money.
                              [...]
                              Throughout 2014, the Treasury's Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, or FinCEN, conducted further investigation into the transactions flagged in the bank’s suspicious activity reports. Treasury officials requested additional information from law enforcement agencies in other countries, and they prepared numerous and extensive reports about Manafort's financial dealings. Those reports — sent to FBI agents and federal prosecutors, and reviewed by BuzzFeed News — stated that Manafort appeared to be running shell companies and that his transactions often lacked a clear business purpose and showed signs of “layering,” meaning that they seemed designed to obscure the original source of the money.

In the summer of 2014, an FBI special agent questioned Manafort at his attorney’s office in Washington, DC. Manafort denied knowing anything about money reportedly stolen by the Yanukovych government, according to internal FBI emails reviewed by BuzzFeed News, and promised to turn over documents to the Bureau. He never did, according to the two officials.

“We had him in 2014,” one of the former officials said. “In hindsight, we could have nailed him then.”

The FBI’s top brass, both of the former officials said, deemed Manafort’s suspected financial crimes as too petty: They amounted to only tens of millions of dollars — small potatoes compared to what Manafort’s boss, Yanukovych, was suspected of stealing.

But the task force didn’t get Yanukovych either. The US government, the former officials said, devoted far too few resources to build a case of the scale and complexity needed to prosecute the former Ukrainian president, and agents assigned to the task force left because they felt they were unable to properly do their jobs.
                              Last edited by Ironduke; 20 Feb 18,, 16:07.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
                                You read me wrong. I didn't say he'll put his country first when crunch time comes. I said we don't know, and we includes me, you and er...
                                We can't be sure of anything but death and taxes.

Having said that, if we could be 100% sure about anything else, it's that Donald Trump will act in whatever is his own best personal interests or whatever whim strikes him at that particular second in time.

If any of that happens to coincide with what's best the U.S., well then hooray for the rest of us.

I won't hold my breath though. This is not a rational human being we're talking about.
                                “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Working...
                                X