Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 67686970717273747576
Results 1,126 to 1,138 of 1138

Thread: Ex-FBI Director Mueller appointed DOJ Special Counsel

Turbanator Senior Contributor Double Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by surfgun View Post
    I guess Trump is just a sucker.
    He failed to clean out the White House, the State Dept. the FBI and CIA and ambassadorships of political career types.
    Obama on his first day fired all ambassadors and replaced them with his political appointees.
    Trump was very ill prepared to do combat at so many levels and has been playing catch up.
    Didn't many of them at state just quit. I kept hearing how there were like 800 positions vacant hen he entered office.

From the little i've seen did not seem to affect the way the US handled foreign relations

I have particular regard for the Asst. Sec State of South Asia, Alice Wells.
    Last edited by Double Edge; 29 Dec 19, at 00:13.

Defense ProfessionalSenior Contributor tbm3fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    Didn't many of them at state just quit. I kept hearing how there were like 800 positions vacant hen he entered office.

From the little i've seen did not seem to affect the way the US handled foreign relations

I have particular regard for the Asst. Sec State of South Asia, Alice Wells.
    That was his ignorance speaking. Ambassadorships are 70% career Dept. of State personnel and 30% are political appointees. Information is easily available from the American Foreign Service Association which seems to be too much trouble for some. Now, as with ALL Presidents, the political appointees submit resignations typically on the day the new President takes office. Obama actually kept on between ten to twelve after he took office for some time. Trump kept one on only for as long as it took the Ambassador's son to finish high school where he was stationed.

DE you need to learn how to filter what you hear from some. This information was readily available, from credible sites, to those who wanted to look for it. It was a piece of cake for me and either much too difficult for surfgun or he was just plain not interested in the facts.

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    I guess Trump is just a sucker.
    He failed to clean out the White House, the State Dept. the FBI and CIA and ambassadorships of political career types.
    Obama on his first day fired all ambassadors and replaced them with his political appointees.
    Trump was very ill prepared to do combat at so many levels and has been playing catch up.
    Just a SUCKER?

Ill-prepared?

Did you just admit that Donald Trump is the fucking idiot that everyone not drinking his Kool-aid already knew him to be?

He's more than merely a sucker. Or ill-prepared. But hey, you've got to start somewhere.

And your admission says far more about the gullibility of Trump voters than does about Trump, even.
    “You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if the Senate determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role… because impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.”
    ~ Lindsey Graham

"The notion that you can withhold information and documents from Congress no matter whether you are the party in power or not in power is wrong. Respect for the rule of law must mean something, irrespective of the vicissitudes of political cycles."
    ~ Trey Gowdy

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    Quote Originally Posted by Parihaka View Post
    Heh. Ya gotta admit, this explains things nicely
    Not really...unless you're claiming that Hemingway isn't a reliably pro-Trump commentator/defender"?
    Also, your deflection doesn't say a single word in defense of Trump, his twisted version of reality or the batshit conspiracy theories that he and his pet media companies traffic in.

I must say though, functionality-wise the board is much better than it was a couple of years ago :-) Well done you.
    Well thank you, much appreciated, but I can't take credit for that. It was Ironduke advising Astralis on some of the remaining settings still available to us, who then made the neccessary changes.

Unfortunately Chris and Rochen seem to have vanished off the face of the Earth, which is why we're still lacking things such as a Like button.
    “You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if the Senate determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role… because impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.”
    ~ Lindsey Graham

"The notion that you can withhold information and documents from Congress no matter whether you are the party in power or not in power is wrong. Respect for the rule of law must mean something, irrespective of the vicissitudes of political cycles."
    ~ Trey Gowdy

The site has been working fine. Remember Choggy checked in after an absence and promptly left after viewing what remains.

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    How about the Chicago Tribune? Are they too echo-chamber-conspiracy-theorist-alternative-facts-Orwellian-reality?

Source
    Welp my friend, unfortunately you're talking to a Chicago native (though thank god I left years ago) and I still have plenty of family and friends still there.

So what you've posted is an Op-Ed from a typical right-wing blowhard, John Kass, published in the Chicago Tribune, a right-leaning newspaper, colloquially known to Chicagoans as simply "The Trib".

To answer your question: In this case, yes, yes they are.

Wait, you didn't just assume that the Trib was left-leaning, did you? Wrong Chicago newspaper. Next time try the Sun-Times

Then there's Trump's own Justice Department that determined that, while there was some fuckery going on, the investigation itself was fundamentally justified:

"We did not find any documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced the FBI's decision to conduct these operations."

So, yeah, so much Kass's "hoax". Because according to the Mueller Report that nobody on the Right wants to read: The Trump Campaign was willingly and gleefully in bed with Russia. But I'm sure that's not a big deal. Isn't it?

We sure have come a long way since Mitt Romney drew derisive jeers for identifying Russia as America's biggest geopolitical foe.

Ronald Reagan is probably rolling over in his grave right now....Never in a million years did I think I'd see sad and sorry shit like this.

Name:  iZz3zAb.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  161.2 KB
    ~ Lindsey Graham

~ Trey Gowdy

Andrew McCabe admits being lied to the FBI. Yet the member of the protected class is not in jail. https://nypost.com/2020/01/02/andrew...-journal-leak/

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    Andrew McCabe admits being lied to the FBI. Yet the member of the protected class is not in jail. https://nypost.com/2020/01/02/andrew...-journal-leak/
    Still wondering what you think about Trump's lawyers (not the Dems, not the media) arguing in a court of law, not hypothetically, that Trump is immune from prosecution for the violation of any law.

Surely that's the most protected of anybody, no?
    ~ Lindsey Graham

~ Trey Gowdy

Senior Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by TopHatter View Post
    Still wondering what you think about Trump's lawyers (not the Dems, not the media) arguing in a court of law, not hypothetically, that Trump is immune from prosecution for the violation of any law.

Surely that's the most protected of anybody, no?
    God i hope you are able to charge rent.

Trumps taken up about all the space in your head.

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    Quote Originally Posted by bfng3569 View Post
    God i hope you are able to charge rent.

Trumps taken up about all the space in your head.
    Let me get this straight: The President's lawyer, William Consovoy, has argued for a ruling in a court of law that he is completely immune from prosecution of any kind, for any crime, up to and including cold-blooded murder....

....and it doesn't bother you in the slightest. Rather, it's amusing that it concerns me so much?

Is that correct?
    ~ Lindsey Graham

~ Trey Gowdy

Wray should make a list of who should go if he wants to keep his job.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi...p-russia-probe

But he should walk the plank anyway.

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    Wray should make a list of who should go if he wants to keep his job.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi...p-russia-probe

But he should walk the plank anyway.
    So why doesn't Trump just fire him outright? You know, drain the swamp and install someone better. Trump hires "only the best people"....right?
    ~ Lindsey Graham

~ Trey Gowdy

It may be time to put the FISA courts out to pasture if they can’t pull it together....
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fis...llance-reforms

Thread Information