Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 64656667686970717273
Results 1,081 to 1,085 of 1085

Thread: Ex-FBI Director Mueller appointed DOJ Special Counsel

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    Quote Originally Posted by bfng3569 View Post
    Until Mueller comes out and says anything that contradicts what Barr has said, its a pointless effort anyway.
    Trump doesn't seem inclined to allow that.

"Bob Mueller should not testify. No redos for the Dems!"

What possible reason could Trump have for screaming that? What skin is it off his nose if Mueller testifies?

Naturally he'd already passed the buck last to Baghdad Bill and said it was up to him whether or not Mueller testified.

Here's the thing though: Trump and Barr should be terrified of Mueller testifying, because unlike Trump's usual crew of sycophantic slime, Mueller will answer questions with honesty, directness and forthrightness.

None of that bullshit prevaricating, splitting hairs and dancing around that Barr did, Mueller knows who he truly works for: The American people.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Administrator
    Lei Feng Protege
    Defense Professional
    and today Trump has invoked executive privilege over the unredacted report.

i thought the report provided him TOTAL EXONERATION, why does he want to invoke executive privilege on that?
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    Quote Originally Posted by astralis View Post

i thought the report provided him TOTAL EXONERATION, why does he want to invoke executive privilege on that?
    "The stock market is doing great and he's against abortion...just ignore literally everything else about him."

What's next....I wonder if Trump and/or Barr will stonewall the request for Mueller to testify...and whether or not Mueller will resign from the DoJ and testify as a private citizen.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Defense ProfessionalSenior Contributor tbm3fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by astralis View Post

Now you get to see how a dictatorship gets started. One, you erode standard protocol. Two, you demonize the press which has some oversight on your behavior. Three, demonize anyone else who has a cross word about you. Fourth, this little incident of ignoring a subpoena for a report which has nothing to do with the daily operations of the President with his advisors. If Congress can have their Constitutional oversight neutered simply by a President ignoring any requests for information then what good is Congress. Would Trump love to eliminate Congress if given half the chance? You betcha. Would he love to be President for life as he has joked about (wink, wink) vis a vis Xi? You betcha. Then one day people will say what happened and how did that happened as seen before.

There has always been two times when a country is vulnerable. One, when it is coming apart at the seams such as during the Great Depression. We avoided that but several other countries in the world didn't. Two, when things are going so well that no one can be bothered to have their lives upended by any distraction. The I'm comfortable so why worry about that and ruin my day.
    Last edited by tbm3fan; 11 May 19, at 02:20.

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    Quote Originally Posted by tbm3fan View Post
    Now you get to see how a dictatorship gets started. One, you erode standard protocol. Two, you demonize the press which has some oversight on your behavior. Three, demonize anyone else who has a cross word about you. Fourth, this little incident of ignoring a subpoena for a report which has nothing to do with the daily operations of the President with his advisors. If Congress can have their Constitutional oversight neutered simply by a President ignoring any requests for information then what good is Congress. Would Trump love to eliminate Congress if given half the chance? You betcha. Would he love to be President for life as he has joked about (wink, wink) vis a vis Xi? You betcha. Then one day people will say what happened and how did that happened as seen before.

There has always been tow times when a country is vulnerable. One, when it is coming apart at the seams such as during the Great Depression. We avoided that but several other countries in the world didn't. Two, when things are going so well that no one can be bothered to have their lives upended by any distraction. The I'm comfortable so why worry about that and ruin my day.
    Bravo, couldn't have said it any better.

Unfortunately Trump's kool-aid drinkers are either in full support of this or simply don't care.

Thread Information