• Originally posted by snapper View Post
    Sorry double post problem.
    Easy to fix

1 ) Edit post

2) Click Delete button

3) Check the 'Delete Post' Radio button

4) in the box below, just enter a space

5) Click Delete Post button

You will be taken to the first page of the thread. Return back to the end of the thread and notice post is gone ; )

Comment

• Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
      Translation: You're too lazy to learn. Translation: You're too stupid to understand things. 1) I have never said the US could win a nuclear war against Russia but against China, Israel, India, Pakistan, North Korea? That's a damned well accepted military axiom. 2) The point remains that the number of nuclear weapons and the megatonage has gone way down since the 1990s to less than 1/7th of its height. MAD is no longer a viable doctrine. Instead, the concept is TO INFLICT UNACCEPTABLE DAMAGE. Only Russia has the capability to inflict UNACCEPTABLE DAMAGE to the US. The rest could at best inflict damage that is extremely regrettable BUT ACCEPTABLE. I did. I said the deployment is irrelevant. You want to put a spin on it. Fine. But the resulting military picture is insignificant. Putin? A peace maker? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH And with 100 men? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH How does that explain Kruschev who lost face and was ousted? That's Lieutenant-Colonel, Fart Face. You have not seen me go full bore yet. Yeah, we're not going to take your expertise around me, especially when this forum is well versed with military members. You've demonstrated nothing but TV propaganda and ignorance. It has never occurred to you that there are those who's job was to think Dr Strangelove and beyond.
      [/QUOTE]

I've found nothing in your entire post worth trying to debate. You're much too riled up to even make sense now. For instance, you're suggesting that 100 Russians in Venezuela isn't a force that the US should consider worthy of acknowledging. You obviously have no understanding in the least of a direct military conflict between Russia and the US! Arrogance? And then your Stranglovian approach to nuclear war between superpowers is of course your attempt to have others join you in thinking of the unthinkable.

The Canadian Forces was designed to fight WWIII. Because of that, we're not scare of your bullshit claims.
      No doubt the enemy is trembling with fear at the prospect of meeting Canada'a armada of Kayaks, manned by fearsome eskimos!

If you decide to go full bore with me, can you make your point on some issue that's worth my time? Your current behaviour leads me to believe that you've resorted to pulling the wings off of houseflies as anger management therapy.

Comment

• Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
        You're gone. NATO is the reason we're not speaking Russian. As much as I disagree with the Kosovo War, as an UNPROFOR vet, I will say the killings have stopped. I don't like the political landscape but the killings have stopped. That is an extremely acceptable outcome.

For you to insult the military membership here to suggest that we're nothing more than thugs following the American lead, your days here are numbered.
        You're offering no points that are worthy of debate. If my opinion of Nato being nothing more than a US tool of aggression is found to be unacceptable on this board then so be it. It's my opinion and I'll back it up with reasoned arguments if it's to be allowed.

You seem to be so full of arrogance that you are unable to even abide by political OPINIONS of others. Maybe a debate forum isn't a good place for you to spend your time? Pulling the wings off of houseflies may prove to be more enjoyable to your demeanour.

Settle down! How about telling me why you disagree with the Kosovo war?

Comment

• bfng,

you seem to do this a lot.

take a conversation about a topic and then turn 100% extreme in both directions with 'either' 'or'.

you do realize most of this falls in the middle somewhere?

Are Page and Struck and Comey and et all the end all and be all of their organizations?

because one is corrupt, they must all be corrupt.

because one is honorable, they must all be honorable.

why is that? seems to make conversations a bit difficult.
          because the way zraver is framing it, it -must- be all one or another.

for instance, his insinuation is that Page/Strozk stuff was emblematic of the FBI/US intel agencies, and that this singular behavior validates the idea that these are deep-state organizations with a bias against Trump.

same thing with Mueller. zraver says that he "turned a blind eye" to supposed Russian meddling with HRC (...lol).

given that Mueller's brief was to look at Russian interference in the election in general, the idea that Mueller turned a blind eye and that Rosenstein, hell, Mueller's -own agents- would find this acceptable, that means the ENTIRE DOJ, not just Mueller himself, is corrupt/deep-state trying to just find evidence to bring down Trump.

or take a look at the next sentence:

You man the way the FBI and DoJ have stuck thier head in the sand about all the unmasking taking place in the final days of the Obama admin?
          do you see any nuance there?

so the question i ask is fair. is Mueller "honorable" per Trump, or did he lead a "witch hunt"? if Mueller "just spent 2 years...studiously ignore that Russian meddling [with HRC]", how is that "honorable", and why would the President say that this type of obviously biased investigation "completely exonerated" him?
          There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by montgomery View Post
            The fact that the people of the Crimea voted over 90% to remain with Russia isn't disputed as far as I know. But I'm not subjected to Nato/US brainwashing so I may have missed it?
            Actually they voted by 116% in Sevastopol but such things happen when you vote under the barrel of a gun. On Tuesday they arrested another 26 Tatars in Crimea in the middle of the night. The 'referendum' was a farce; Ukrainians (and there was one who was a contributor to this forum) who were in another part of Ukraine but had property in Crimea were not allowed to vote. Putin even admitted the 'little green men' that invaded Crimea (and stood armed in the voting booths) were Muscovite troops... But I guess that missed your Muscovite brain washing?

Originally posted by montgomery View Post
            However beside that, there wouldn't have been any doubt in the minds of the US/Nato aggressors that Russia would protect against the West laying claim to the Crimea, for obvious reasons which you will most likely be well aware. This was an instance of US encroachment on Russia's borders being a bridge too far.
            How many US troops were there in Ukraine in February 2014? Apart from the Defence Attache's I cannot recall a US deployment to Ukraine at the time. You presumably have some proof?

As to the fate of the Ukraine, I can only imagine that the status quo will remain, due to Russia being back on the world scene with it's nuclear deterrent against US aggression. I think that suits well enough too, Russia's interests on the Ukraine for the foreseeable future.
            Nobody gives a flying f*ck what "suits" you. Ukraine is not yours to give or dictate to. It belongs to it's people, many of whom have returned from Canada.

And I don't even see a possibility of a trade-off for Venezuela. The Ukraine and the Crimea are much too important to Russia's future security.
            Look you dimwit Muscovy is NOT a 'super power'; it has the GDP of Italy. They cannot defeat us in Ukraine. They are a Chekist mafia state who's Cappo's steal from their own people and buy luxury villas in Italy and Spain, flats and houses in London and New York. Putin was doing business with the St Petersburg mafia (Tambovskaya) before he went to Moscow. They are a fading power of thieves and murderers existing in a land of broken bridges and rotting industry that only keep power by lying about an enemy without ("NATO surrounds us") and within - any opposition to the kleptocracy.

The future of small oil rich countries (or resource rich countries) is almost certainly going to be decided on the small country's people's choice in determining which side on which to align itself.
            Any central European will tell Muscovy to stick it's resources; we know the price and reject Muscovite imperialist agenda at every opportunity.
            Last edited by snapper; 28 Mar 19,, 19:42.

Comment

• If I may astralis, Mueller wasn't politically biased to either side's domestic politics. The Dems' mistake all along was in thinking that Mueller was working for them.

But I think it's entirely reasonable to think that Mueller was interested in seeing the end of Trump, mainly because of the fact that Trump is so damaging to his country. This idea is entirely consistent with the ideology of the FBI's professional cops.

I could give you a good argument to say that Obama committed a treasonous act himself when he cut the US's legs off at the knees when he cooperated with Putin on the solution for Syria, but that's another topic.

And another thread. Speaking of which, what's going on with with this forum and it's glitches? I see now it's not just me that's having trouble. And too, why no button for starting new threads? Does that come with time and post count?

Comment

Actually they voted by 116% in Sevastopol but such things happen when you vote under the barrel of a gun. On Tuesday they arrested another 26 Tatars in Crimea in the middle of the night. The 'referendum' was a farce; Ukrainians (and there was one who was a contributor to this forum) who were in another part of Ukraine but had property in Crimea were not allowed to vote. Putin even admitted the 'little green men' that invaded Crimea (and stood armed in the voting booths) were Muscovite troops... But I guess that missed your Muscovite brain washing?

How many US troops were there in Ukraine in February 2014? Apart from the Defence Attache's I cannot recall a US deployment to Ukraine at the time. You presumably have some proof?

Nobody gives a flying f*ck what "suits" you. Ukraine is not yours to give or dictate to. It belongs to it's people, many of whom have returned from Canada.

Look you dimwit Muscovy is NOT a 'super power'; it has the GDP of Italy. They cannot defeat us in Ukraine. They are a Chekist mafia state who's Cappo's steal from their own people and buy luxury villas in Italy and Spain, flats and houses in London and New York. Putin was doing business with the St Petersburg mafia (Tambovskaya) before he went to Moscow. They are a fading power of thieves and murderers existing in a land of broken bridges and rotting industry that only keep power by lying about an enemy without ("NATO surrounds us") and within - any opposition to the kleptocracy.

Any central European will tell Muscovy to stick it's resources; we know the price and reject Muscovite imperialist agenda at every opportunity.
                Please! Calm down and make your points in a logical and orderly way, and I will address them the best I can. I'll choose one right now to address, even though it's self explanatory and doesn't really need addressing.

Your claim that Russia (muscovy?) isn't a superpower: Russia is a superpower in the sense that's important in terms of our conversation. Russia is a nuclear superpower as much as it can't be defeated by the US without it being able to cause unacceptable damage to the US or any Nato aggressor.

I think your problem in not being able to discuss my opinions in an acceptable manner is because of your arrogant attitude. Arrogance is preventing you from acknowledging that US hands are being tied on further and ongoing aggression because of MAD. (mutually assured destruction)

Otherwise the Ukriane, Crimea, Syria, Iran, Venezuela, N.Korea, Vietnam, China, Russia, Cuba, S. America, and the rest of the world's fate would have already been decided in the US/Nato's favour by now. Now Russia is back, the window of opportunity has been slammed shut, and regional conflicts beeing started by the US is the best the US/Nato can hope for.

We don't talk carelessly and casually of WW3 being won or lost by either/any side, we must now confine our talk to how war on a world scale is prohibitive. Is that too bloody hard to understand?

Comment

• And another thread. Speaking of which, what's going on with with this forum and it's glitches? I see now it's not just me that's having trouble. And too, why no button for starting new threads? Does that come with time and post count?
                  yes, it is an anti-spam thing.
                  There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
                    Quite logical IMO but it 'does' lead to a lot of off-topic discussion. Can you tell me who does have the New Thread button?

At the moment I'm thinking of a possible new thread expressly on Venezuela, as it's most likely the most important issue as regards another US led war.

Comment

• First you need not worry about my calmness though I thank you for doing so. I have seen far more excitement than conversing with you.

Muscovy is a "gas station with nukes", as I think the late John McCain said. That does not make it a super power. The use of nuclear weapons is self defeating and Muscovy's ability to sustain a conventional conflict is limited due to it's crumbling infrastructure, eroding GDP and chronic social problems. That is why Putin likes to 'flex his nuclear missiles' and claim he has nuclear rockets that can go on forever - which defies the laws of physics as we understand them.

If I seem arrogant it is unintended but I honestly do not think you understand what Muscovite (or Soviet) occupation meant to the peoples of Central Europe - those nations that all willingly embraced NATO membership once free of the Soviet yoke as a guarantee against further Muscovite aggression. The Poles, Ukrainians, Lithuanians, hell even a brief independent Belarus existed for a moment in 1919 were all older nations than Muscovy that were briefly (in most cases) put back on the map - Finland another. When Nazi Germany invaded Poland in 1939 who helped them? Yet having conspired with the 'fascists' in 1939, Ukraine because it refuses to accept Muscovite theft, murder and extortion is apparently full of 'fascists'. Having been in Ukraine more or less full time since 2013 I can say I have met two people I would describe as 'fascists' and one of them liked Jewish Ukrainians. The point is that all free Central European nations (if they are not utterly corrupt) reject utterly the Muscovite alliance because they know all too well where it leads; the Holodomor and KGB knock on the door in the middle of the night, a gulag in Siberia or a firing squad in Katyn or some other wood. No - we reject it utterly and completely because our ancestors - and some of our living compatriots - testify that our national liberty, and in many cases our lives, may depend on it. For sure if the Muscovites got hold of me I have no doubt that being shot would be the least of my worries. Those who fight a criminal regime that has invaded the country that my home is now in know this; 'Motorola' (a Muscovite commander of a 'Donetsk People's Republik' Battalion admitted shooting prisoners before the GRU blew him up).

May I ask when the last time you visited Ukraine, or Poland or Romania - Moldova, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Latvia or Estonia was? Europe even? Far from me being arrogant - I have not suggested that the restoration of Quebec to France would 'suit' me, nor would I - I find it exceedingly arrogant of you to suggest that you know about Ukraine and suggest that it is some way in anyone's gift. It is not. We would happily fight the 'West' as well if they attempted to 'give' us to some Muscovite 'sphere of influence'. Sure we would be bound to lose in any fight on both fronts but fight we would. It is not a matter of what's best - but a matter of our identity, and for some of us honour too. There have been many attempts to erase the identities of Poland, Ukraine, Lithuania, Belarus, Moldova etc but none have succeeded.

For you to say it's ok by you if an aggressor occupies it's neighbour, without knowing a jot of the history of either country or the region in general, seems to me a little 'arrogant' but doubtless it is my 'brain washing' that makes me think so.

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
                        does this place have an ignore feature i am missing?

Comment

First you need not worry about my calmness though I thank you for doing so. I have seen far more excitement than conversing with you.
                          Well then, you may want to try to reign it in a little.

Muscovy is a "gas station with nukes", as I think the late John McCain said. That does not make it a super power. The use of nuclear weapons is self defeating and Muscovy's ability to sustain a conventional conflict is limited due to it's crumbling infrastructure, eroding GDP and chronic social problems. That is why Putin likes to 'flex his nuclear missiles' and claim he has nuclear rockets that can go on forever - which defies the laws of physics as we understand them.

First of all, Muscovy is a duck and not a gas station with nukes, regardless of what the US songbird McCain thinks. And to that I'll add that my point was clearly stated that Russia (not the non-existent S. U.) is a superpower in the sense that it is the most powerful deterrent that stands against US/Nato expansion and aggression.

If I seem arrogant it is unintended but I honestly do not think you understand what Muscovite (or Soviet) occupation meant to the peoples of Central Europe - those nations that all willingly embraced NATO membership once free of the Soviet yoke as a guarantee against further Muscovite aggression. The Poles, Ukrainians, Lithuanians, hell even a brief independent Belarus existed for a moment in 1919 were all older nations than Muscovy that were briefly (in most cases) put back on the map - Finland another. When Nazi Germany invaded Poland in 1939 who helped them? Yet having conspired with the 'fascists' in 1939, Ukraine because it refuses to accept Muscovite theft, murder and extortion is apparently full of 'fascists'. Having been in Ukraine more or less full time since 2013 I can say I have met two people I would describe as 'fascists' and one of them liked Jewish Ukrainians. The point is that all free Central European nations (if they are not utterly corrupt) reject utterly the Muscovite alliance because they know all too well where it leads; the Holodomor and KGB knock on the door in the middle of the night, a gulag in Siberia or a firing squad in Katyn or some other wood. No - we reject it utterly and completely because our ancestors - and some of our living compatriots - testify that our national liberty, and in many cases our lives, may depend on it. For sure if the Muscovites got hold of me I have no doubt that being shot would be the least of my worries. Those who fight a criminal regime that has invaded the country that my home is now in know this; 'Motorola' (a Muscovite commander of a 'Donetsk People's Republik' Battalion admitted shooting prisoners before the GRU blew him up).
                          The Soviet Union no longer exists but once did and was the only counter force to US aggression and expansion of imperialism. Now Russia is that and so we should try to bring ourselves up to date with the last 30 years at least. I'll remind you that it's not the duck that has started 40 wars of aggression since WW2, it's the US. You may be interested in discussing what the US is attempting to do in Venezuela currently. Can you stand behind the US practice of applying crippling sanctions against Venezuela and then still lay the blame on their duly elected president Maduro? Tell me more about that!

May I ask when the last time you visited Ukraine, or Poland or Romania - Moldova, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Latvia or Estonia was? Europe even? Far from me being arrogant - I have not suggested that the restoration of Quebec to France would 'suit' me, nor would I - I find it exceedingly arrogant of you to suggest that you know about Ukraine and suggest that it is some way in anyone's gift. It is not. We would happily fight the 'West' as well if they attempted to 'give' us to some Muscovite 'sphere of influence'. Sure we would be bound to lose in any fight on both fronts but fight we would. It is not a matter of what's best - but a matter of our identity, and for some of us honour too. There have been many attempts to erase the identities of Poland, Ukraine, Lithuania, Belarus, Moldova etc but none have succeeded.
                          yes, you may ask. Not recently because I've been visiting Central American countries and Cuba of late. These are the hotspots now as the US attempts to prevent the people of those countries from choosing to side against US imperialism, and stopping them from choosing their own desired direction.

For you to say it's ok by you if an aggressor occupies it's neighbour, without knowing a jot of the history of either country or the region in general, seems to me a little 'arrogant' but doubtless it is my 'brain washing' that makes me think so.
                          If I didn't know a "jot" about the US history of aggression since WW2, you would have a point. I think you're trying to say that the US's 40 wars of aggression since WW2, are not wars in which those victim countries should have been allowed to make their own free choices.

In a nutshell and to make it simple for our audience to understand: Are you actually objecting to Russia's peaceful annexation of the Crimea as a comparison to the US phony war against Iraq, and the subsequent ongoing occupation.

Or if Iraq doesn't ring any bells for you, just choose any of the other 39 and get back to me with a point to debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by montgomery View Post
                            Well then, you may want to try to reign it in a little.
                            I find it exceedingly strange that you advise me to "reign in a little" when you are advocating handing my family's home to Muscovy.

First of all, Muscovy is a duck and not a gas station with nukes, regardless of what the US songbird McCain thinks. And to that I'll add that my point was clearly stated that Russia (not the non-existent S. U.) is a superpower in the sense that it is the most powerful deterrent that stands against US/Nato expansion and aggression.
                            No NATO troops were stationed in Central Europe or the Baltics before Muscovy invaded Ukraine. Now the Poles are offering to build a base to permamently station US troops. Nor did NATO, as I think the Colonel can tell you, accept Poland, Romania etc into the alliance without them having to "jump through hoops" as he once described it me. They wanted to be members of the alliance - NATO did not 'invade' them.

The Soviet Union no longer exists but once did and was the only counter force to US aggression and expansion of imperialism. Now Russia is that and so we should try to bring ourselves up to date with the last 30 years at least. I'll remind you that it's not the duck that has started 40 wars of aggression since WW2, it's the US. You may be interested in discussing what the US is attempting to do in Venezuela currently. Can you stand behind the US practice of applying crippling sanctions against Venezuela and then still lay the blame on their duly elected president Maduro? Tell me more about that!
                            Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, Angola, support for Vietnam... support for the Nagorno Karabakh War, Transdniestria in Moldova, Chechnyia, Abkhazia and South Ossetia - and then of Crimea and Donbass. Muscovy has ever been imperialist; the heir of the Mongol horde, for whom they collected taxes. We can argue the rights and wrong of the second Iraq war if you wish but do not tell me that Muscovy is spotlessly innocent when it is clearly guilty today. If you want proof you are welcome to visit me in Ukraine and speak to some of the prisoners we have who "lost their way".

yes, you may ask. Not recently because I've been visiting Central American countries and Cuba of late. These are the hotspots now as the US attempts to prevent the people of those countries from choosing to side against US imperialism, and stopping them from choosing their own desired direction.
                            Is Cuba or Venezuala a free country? Can you be critical of the Government with impunity? I have not been there but you can in the US. I take it also that you are not so familiar with Central European affairs - except to have the arrogance to say that my family should vacate our ancestral home again as my Grand Father did in 1939 - his Father ended at Katyn - yet I am the arrogant one here who should "reign in a little"? Suppose I suggested to you - leave your home now - take all your family with you or they may be imprisoned or shot because it suits me to give Vancouver to ISIS?

If I didn't know a "jot" about the US history of aggression since WW2, you would have a point. I think you're trying to say that the US's 40 wars of aggression since WW2, are not wars in which those victim countries should have been allowed to make their own free choices.
                            Evidently I know nothing of your historical learning but you are not overly impressing me by your selective "40 wars of aggression since WW2" mantra. Please name the 'wars of aggression' and name the aggressor or is this just a type of mantra?

In a nutshell and to make it simple for our audience to understand: Are you actually objecting to Russia's peaceful annexation of the Crimea as a comparison to the US phony war against Iraq, and the subsequent ongoing occupation.
                            It was not peaceful and many more have 'vanished' since 2014. It was not on the same scale as the second Iraqi war but invasion and illegal annexation it was. Iraq did not become US (or UK or Polish) territory.

Or if Iraq doesn't ring any bells for you, just choose any of the other 39 and get back to me with a point to debate.
                            Name them.

Comment

• Yea thanks DE but what?

Comment

I find it exceedingly strange that you advise me to "reign in a little" when you are advocating handing my family's home to Muscovy.

No NATO troops were stationed in Central Europe or the Baltics before Muscovy invaded Ukraine. Now the Poles are offering to build a base to permamently station US troops. Nor did NATO, as I think the Colonel can tell you, accept Poland, Romania etc into the alliance without them having to "jump through hoops" as he once described it me. They wanted to be members of the alliance - NATO did not 'invade' them.

Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, Angola, support for Vietnam... support for the Nagorno Karabakh War, Transdniestria in Moldova, Chechnyia, Abkhazia and South Ossetia - and then of Crimea and Donbass. Muscovy has ever been imperialist; the heir of the Mongol horde, for whom they collected taxes. We can argue the rights and wrong of the second Iraq war if you wish but do not tell me that Muscovy is spotlessly innocent when it is clearly guilty today. If you want proof you are welcome to visit me in Ukraine and speak to some of the prisoners we have who "lost their way".

Is Cuba or Venezuala a free country? Can you be critical of the Government with impunity? I have not been there but you can in the US. I take it also that you are not so familiar with Central European affairs - except to have the arrogance to say that my family should vacate our ancestral home again as my Grand Father did in 1939 - his Father ended at Katyn - yet I am the arrogant one here who should "reign in a little"? Suppose I suggested to you - leave your home now - take all your family with you or they may be imprisoned or shot because it suits me to give Vancouver to ISIS?

Evidently I know nothing of your historical learning but you are not overly impressing me by your selective "40 wars of aggression since WW2" mantra. Please name the 'wars of aggression' and name the aggressor or is this just a type of mantra?

It was not peaceful and many more have 'vanished' since 2014. It was not on the same scale as the second Iraqi war but invasion and illegal annexation it was. Iraq did not become US (or UK or Polish) territory.

Name them.
                                Here's a link that will serve as my reply to your request that I 'name them'. You'll note that it's a little outdated and stops at 37 but we can possibly add Syria and Lybia to that. And then the coming planned war with Venezuela to round it out.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/us-has...war-ii/5492051

If I've missed replying to any of your points, get back to me!

Other than that, I will remark briefly on the Soviet support of Vietnam, even though I don't get at all why you would bring that up as an example of the US losing a war to prevent the rightful unification of Vietnam and it's subsequent return to freedom and the ability to govern their own affairs. But maybe you can clear that up for me.

Suffice to say snapper, the US is the proven aggressor since WW2 and there's really no way of glossing that over. While the S.U. and now Russia, struggles to stop imperialist encroachment on it's borders.

The US simply took too long to complete it's planned PNAC agenda which called for the plundering of the complete ME. That which Wesley Clarke revealed to the world, effectively blowing the whistle on his country.
                                Last edited by montgomery; 29 Mar 19,, 01:55.

Comment

Working...
                                X