Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 43444546474849505152

Thread: Ex-FBI Director Mueller appointed DOJ Special Counsel

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    Snapper and Troung: Please take this offline, PM or anywhere else
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Senior Contributor
    Is it correct that Manafort has been flipped? Confirmed. "Cooperation agreement".
    Last edited by snapper; 14 Sep 18, at 19:41.

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    Quote Originally Posted by snapper View Post
    Is it correct that Manafort has been flipped? Confirmed. "Cooperation agreement".
    Looks like he flipped https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-e...lty-1536932667

Tick-tock tick-tock...
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    A somewhat random observation:

Besides a former employer of mine, there's someone else that Donald Trump reminds me of, but I couldn't put my finger on who until just a few days ago.

Donald Trump is Colonel Nathan Roy Jessup USMC from A Few Good Men

Kaffee: Jessup told Kendrick to order the code red, Kendrick did and our clients followed the order. The cover-up isn't our case - to win Jessup needs to tell the court members that he ordered the code red.

Lt. Weinberg: And now you think you can get him to just say it?

Kaffee: I think he wants to say it. I think he's pissed off that he's gotta hide from this. I think he wants to say that he made a command decision and that's the end of it. He eats breakfast 300 yards away from 4000 Cubans that are trained to kill him. And nobody's going to tell him how to run his unit least of all the Harvard mouth in his ******y white uniform.
    Replace the movie-specific details (Mueller is Kaffee, etc) with the current fiasco we're dealing with and there you have Trump.

No wonder his lawyers would probably commit seppuku if he sits down with Mueller.

Administrator
    Lei Feng Protege
    Defense Professional
    that's precisely it.

remember that NBC interview when Trump said he fired Comey because of "this Russia thing", and not because of Rod Rosenstein's laughable justification that it was because Comey dealt with HRC unfairly?

he's not even TRYING that hard, it's pretty funny how his own lawyers BEGGED him not to talk to Mueller.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    Quote Originally Posted by astralis View Post

he's not even TRYING that hard, it's pretty funny how his own lawyers BEGGED him not to talk to Mueller.
    Trump's supporters have sneeringly dismissed the possibility of Trump talking with Mueller, "because he'll catch in something petty and charge him with obstruction of justice"

Oh. Yeah. "Something petty". Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by TopHatter View Post
    Trump's supporters have sneeringly dismissed the possibility of Trump talking with Mueller, "because he'll catch in something petty and charge him with obstruction of justice"

Oh. Yeah. "Something petty". Got it.
    When did POTUS lying under oath become something petty?
    Didn't seem that way in 1998-99 ... but, that was back when the GOP still had some shred of decency.
    Not a lot, but compared to today, at least some.
    Trust me?
    I'm an economist!

Administrator
    Lei Feng Protege
    Defense Professional
    well...now we know who's suspect #1 for writing that letter...lol

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/21/u...amendment.html

The deputy attorney general, Rod J. Rosenstein, suggested last year that he secretly record President Trump in the White House to expose the chaos consuming the administration, and he discussed recruiting cabinet members to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove Mr. Trump from office for being unfit.One week after the firing, Mr. Rosenstein met with Mr. McCabe and at least four other senior Justice Department officials, in part to explain his role in the situation...

During their discussion, Mr. Rosenstein expressed frustration at how Mr. Trump had conducted the search for a new F.B.I. director, saying the president was failing to take the candidate interviews seriously. A handful of politicians and law enforcement officials, including Mr. McCabe, were under consideration.

To Mr. Rosenstein, the hiring process was emblematic of broader dysfunction stemming from the White House. He said both the process and the administration itself were in disarray, according to two people familiar with the discussion.

Mr. Rosenstein then raised the idea of wearing a recording device or “wire,” as he put it, to secretly tape the president when he visited the White House. One participant asked whether Mr. Rosenstein was serious, and he replied animatedly that he was.

If not him, then Mr. McCabe or other F.B.I. officials interviewing with Mr. Trump for the job could perhaps wear a wire or otherwise record the president, Mr. Rosenstein offered. White House officials never checked his phone when he arrived for meetings there, Mr. Rosenstein added, implying it would be easy to secretly record Mr. Trump.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Senior Contributor
    "I have nothing to do with Russia" part #776 https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...P=share_btn_tw

Thread Information