Ex-FBI Director Mueller appointed DOJ Special Counsel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zraver View Post
    Yes but subject to US export control laws becuase of what it mined.
    So did Clinton sit on the export supervisory board? I recall reading the case long ago but alot has happened since then and I seem to think there was a political supervisory board and a regulatory export board and that the Muscovites bought U1? As I recall - albeit very dimly - the uranium could not be exported? However U1 did have assets and rights in one of the Stans; I seem to recall the impression that Muscovites got U1 for their rights in the stans? I am pretty sure you are barking at up the wrong tree or special counsels etc would have been appointed and even if there was some underhand dealing - and I am one who thinks Hilary was ineligible as President for her private email account - Trump in my view was far worse even as a candidate. As a President he has been a consistent liar and a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by snapper View Post
      So did Clinton sit on the export supervisory board? I recall reading the case long ago but alot has happened since then and I seem to think there was a political supervisory board and a regulatory export board and that the Muscovites bought U1? As I recall - albeit very dimly - the uranium could not be exported? However U1 did have assets and rights in one of the Stans; I seem to recall the impression that Muscovites got U1 for their rights in the stans? I am pretty sure you are barking at up the wrong tree or special counsels etc would have been appointed and even if there was some underhand dealing - and I am one who thinks Hilary was ineligible as President for her private email account - Trump in my view was far worse even as a candidate. As a President he has been a consistent liar and a joke.
      Is this one still hanging around?
      That part of the Grand Lie was outed so long ago I forgot about it.

Snopes: false.

Russian to Judgment
      Allegations of a "quid pro quo" deal giving Russia ownership of one-fifth of U.S. uranium deposits in exchange for $145 million in donations to the Clinton Foundation are unsubstantiated.
      The Uranium One deal was not Clinton’s to veto or approve. Despite transfer of ownership, the uranium remained in the U.S. The timing of most of the donations does not match. Foundation admits disclosure mistakes
      http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinto...m-russia-deal/

PolitiFact: mostly false

Donald Trump repeats his Mostly False claim about Hillary Clinton, Russia and uranium
      Our rating of that claim was Mostly False.
      Trump’s reference was to Russia’s nuclear power agency buying a controlling interest in a Toronto-based company. That company has mines, mills and tracts of land in Wyoming, Utah and other U.S. states equal to about 20 percent of U.S. uranium production capacity (not produced uranium).

Clinton was secretary of state at the time, but she didn’t have the power to approve or reject the deal. The State Department was only one of nine federal agencies that signed off on the deal, and only President Barack Obama had the power to veto it.

And as FactCheck.org noted in a related fact check, while any of the nine agencies could have objected to the deal, only President Barack Obama had the power to veto it.
      Even then, the president can only prohibit such transactions only with "credible evidence" that the "foreign interest exercising control might take action that threatens to impair the national security.’
      http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/...-claim-about-/

Never mind; I found your source:

Breitbart News: fake news (sorry: FAKE NEWS!!)
      FAKE NEWS: CNBC Cites Left-Wing Politifact in Clinton Russian Uranium Story
      http://www.breitbart.com/big-journal...uranium-story/
      Last edited by DOR; 19 May 17,, 08:34.
      Trust me?
      I'm an economist!

Comment

Mueller and Comey are pretty much best buddies, so yeah, pretty sure Comey is going to sleep with a smile on his face.
        There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Just making a general statement here.

Regarding Clinton - she's not the president. And with the results in November, she never will be.

I personally don't care for the present-day Clintons and how they grifted their way to multi-millionaire status through barely legal means, their influence peddling, staying just a hair within the extremely flawed corruption laws on the books in the US, via this revolving door between public service and millionaire riches that most American politicians end up pursuing.

That being said, let's not get lost in the weeds on this Clinton stuff. At this point, it's just a distraction being thrown out (I'm not talking about just here - though I see many falling victim to it on this very board). Bringing up the sins of Clinton is just a ploy to distract from the sins of Trump.

These are very real and pressing concerns regarding Trump. People who've thrown good money after bad becoming emotionally and psychologically invested in Trump, and conversely hating Clinton, will use Clinton's sins to distract us from Trump's. She's not the president, Trump is.

Since she is not the president, I'm personally just going to ignore anything said about Clinton, and focus on Trump.
          Last edited by Ironduke; 20 May 17,, 00:44.
          "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
            Mueller and Comey are pretty much best buddies, so yeah, pretty sure Comey is going to sleep with a smile on his face.
            Which means Trump is sleeping easy too. The only way to square Comey's testimony before Congress and his memo without a perjury charge against Comey is rule that memos record mere idle speculation, not obstruction of justice.

Comment

I would not sleep well if I were Trump as he has now admitted firing Comey because of the "great pressure' he was under due to Comey's investigation of his links to Moscow. So what he told the American people - that Comey was fired for matters related to the Clinton inquiry was rubbish yet to his Muscovite pals he admits interfering in the course of an FBI investigation for his own benefit...

Comment

in another life I've been involved in investigations. We would start from the bottom and work our way up - the junior staff know far more about how things have been compromised than the higher ups - and despite executive privilege - its the junior staff who bind things together

I'd be starting lower down and making senior staff sweat. junior staff are also far more willing and transparent at interviews

the institution as it stands is a daily circus
                Linkeden:
                http://au.linkedin.com/pub/gary-fairlie/1/28a/2a2
                http://cofda.wordpress.com/

Comment

Well, first shots fired.

Lot of nervous people in DC this morning.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.34c5668aee32
                  Last edited by Albany Rifles; 30 Oct 17,, 15:42.
                  “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                  Mark Twain

Comment

Full indictment text: https://www.justice.gov/file/1007271/download

I see one factual mistake in this. On page 16 it says that Yulia Tymoshenko "(who had served as Ukraine President prior to Yanukovych)" and this factually incorrect. She was Prime Minister but never President.
                    Last edited by snapper; 30 Oct 17,, 18:32.

Comment

I always knew Manafort was a spy for Rus- errr, Ukraine!
                      "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

Yanukovych is not Ukraine and from 2014 has been living in Muscovy.

Comment

Yeah, and before that he was President of Ukraine.
                          "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

Now you know why we want him for trial. Sadly the 'fraternal neighbour' will not extradite him. By the indictment we are owed some $78m.
                            Last edited by snapper; 31 Oct 17,, 09:35.

Comment

Full Papadapolous statement: https://www.justice.gov/file/1007346/download

Comment

this nothingburger is getting pretty tasty.
                                There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X