Director Comey fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by surfgun View Post
    Comey had no place in Government service.
    https://www.scribd.com/document/3705...ses#from_embed
    JD University of Chicago
    NYC DA’s office prosecuting Gambino family
    Khobar lead prosecutor
    South New York City Attorney
    Deputy Attorney General.

If Mr Comey isn’t qualified for public service, I’d love to know your thoughts on POTUS
    Trust me?
    I'm an economist!

Comment

• Unless it is a recent mutation? He (Comey) just never got caught cheating before.
      As one that has made a career in the CJS, nothing disgusts me more than those that take unlawful or just plain sloppy unprofessional shortcuts. Their existence within the CJS is a disservice to society.
      Now he is providing a disservice within academia at William and Mary.
      Last edited by surfgun; 03 Feb 18,, 05:33.

Comment

• A 568 page report by the DOJ OIG has been released:
        https://docs.google.com/viewerng/vie...71991/download

Full article: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1JA0D4

Report rebukes Comey, but says no bias in Clinton email case

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Former FBI Director James Comey made a “serious error of judgment” when he announced shortly before the 2016 U.S. presidential election that he was reopening an investigation into candidate Hillary Clinton’s use of a private e-mail server, the Justice Department’s internal watchdog said on Thursday.

But Inspector General Michael Horowitz also concluded in a long-awaited, 500-page report that Comey did not exhibit political bias or try to influence the election; nor did he contest the decision not to charge Clinton with a crime.

A long-serving law enforcement official, Comey became a controversial figure in the 2016 election, drawing accusations from both Republicans and Democrats that his handling of the probe into Clinton’s emails influenced the campaign.

Comey later headed a separate investigation into alleged ties between President Donald Trump’s campaign and Russia. Trump fired him as head of the FBI in May 2017, prompting the appointment of a special counsel now pursuing the Russia probe.

Both sides of the partisan divide found something to trumpet in the report. Democrats said it confirmed political bias did not influence the Clinton investigation, while Republicans seized on a newly disclosed text by an FBI agent in mid-2016 expressing his apparent intention to “stop” the Trump campaign.

And while embarrassing for the FBI, the report appeared to lack the kind of bombshell revelation that would significantly boost an effort by Trump and his allies to paint the FBI as corrupt and discredit the Russia investigation.

FBI Director Christopher Wray told reporters at a briefing that he accepted the inspector general’s report, but stressed it did not find that political bias had impacted its investigations.

“The report does identify errors of judgment, violations of, or even disregard for policy and decisions that at the very least, with the benefit of hindsight, were not the best choices,” Wray said. “We need to hold ourselves accountable.”

The inspector general’s inquiry focused on public statements made by Comey about Democrat Clinton’s use of a private email server, instead of a State Department server, while she was secretary of state.

In October 2016, less than two weeks before Election Day, Comey sent members of Congress a letter disclosing that a probe into Clinton’s emails was being reopened after new emails were discovered, a disclosure Clinton contends contributed to her surprise defeat by Trump. Two days before the Nov. 8 election, Comey said the FBI found no additional evidence in the new emails.

John Podesta, who ran the Clinton campaign, told Reuters “the report demonstrates beyond doubt” that Comey was unfair to Clinton by announcing developments concerning the email probe in the heat of the campaign while not revealing the existence of the Russia probe, launched in late July 2016.

Comey defended his actions in an op-ed published in the New York Times after the report was released.

“In 2016, my team faced an extraordinary situation — something I thought of as a 500-year flood — offering no good choices and presenting some of the hardest decisions I ever had to make,” Comey wrote.
        VIOLATING POLICIES

The report sharply criticized Comey for violating Justice Department policies and accused him of usurping the authority of then Attorney General Loretta Lynch when he held a news conference in July 2016 and announced there was insufficient evidence to charge Clinton with a federal crime over her use of a private server.

Comey said Lynch forced his hand when she did not recuse herself from the Clinton probe, even after a June 2016 meeting with former President Bill Clinton aboard her plane raised concerns she was conflicted.

Thursday’s report found that while Lynch did not discuss the email investigation with Bill Clinton, she failed “to recognize the appearance problem” created by the meeting and did not try to cut the meeting short.

Lynch in a statement called the report “thorough and in depth” and said it “upholds my fidelity to the rule of law” and “affirms that my actions had no political motivation or bias.”

Trump and his allies have accused a clique of FBI and Justice Department officials of working against Trump.

The Horowitz report was highly critical of Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, two FBI staff members who exchanged highly charged political messages, finding their texts cast a cloud over the FBI and created the appearance of bias.

In one newly released email from August 2016, Page wrote to Strzok asking “(Trump’s) not ever going to become president, right? Right!”

Strzok replied: “No. No he’s not. We’ll stop it.”

The report criticized the FBI for a one-month delay between the time new Clinton emails were found on Sept. 26, 2016 and when the FBI finally got a search warrant to review them to search for new evidence in late October as the election loomed.

Strzok was among a number of FBI employees who failed to act promptly, the report said.

“The FBI’s inaction had potentially far-reaching consequences,” the report says, noting there were no persuasive arguments to explain the delay.

The report added that the inspector general’s office was very concerned about a decision to prioritize the Russia investigation over following up on the Clinton probe in light of the new emails.
        Last edited by Ironduke; 15 Jun 18,, 04:00.
        "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• But Inspector General Michael Horowitz also concluded in a long-awaited, 500-page report that Comey did not exhibit political bias or try to influence the election; nor did he contest the decision not to charge Clinton with a crime.
          Stopped by my father's this morning to help him read some fine print. He always has Fox News on and as a result I try to spend little time there. Can't stand listening to them. This morning it was nonstop BIAS proven by Inspector General's report! Comey needs to be investigated for crimes! Fox must obviously have access to an alternate report.

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
            Stopped by my father's this morning to help him read some fine print. He always has Fox News on and as a result I try to spend little time there. Can't stand listening to them. This morning it was nonstop BIAS proven by Inspector General's report! Comey needs to be investigated for crimes! Fox must obviously have access to an alternate report.
            The report said no evidence of documented bias. It does not even try to explain why the Clinton investigation was handled so differently, to the point FBI agents were joking about the fact they knew lies would not be prosecuted even as they were doing interviews.

Comment

• The report never looked into and does not mentioned collusion but hey facts never stopped a narcissist traitor.

Comment

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
                The report said no evidence of documented bias. It does not even try to explain why the Clinton investigation was handled so differently, to the point FBI agents were joking about the fact they knew lies would not be prosecuted even as they were doing interviews.
                The thing is, having met with, worked with or socialized with a number of FBI agents over the years none of them have ever expressed political views that could be regarded as pro-Democrat. Indeed at least two have commented that its role as a law enforcement agency tends to attract socially conservative employees who, at election time tend to vote Republican by a wide margin. Furthermore none of them ever seem to have particularly liked or trusted the Clintons.

At the same time the few agents who I have spoken to recently detest Trump even more than they may have disliked the Clintons. (From what I gather this is based on so much policy but rather what they see as a yawing gap in his ethics).

Meanwhile given its collective, socially conservative political leanings the Agency has served Presidents of all political parties loyally and for the most part effectively. Point is - if I was going to see any 'conspiracy' forming inside the FBI it would be one targeting the Dems not the Reps.

As for '... FBI agents were joking about the fact they knew lies would not be prosecuted even as they were doing interviews.' That's bread and butter in police work. You prosecute what you prove at law, not what you 'know' is true. You want to prosecute someone for perjury, fine go ahead. As long as you can prove the lies to the satisfaction of the prosecutor reviewing the case.

I'd hate to count the number of times I knew I was being lied to by someone during and interview. Someone who at the least had knowledge of a crime that was was committed even if they weren't directly involved themselves. Without documents, witnesses or other evidence proving they are lying they can't be touched. Cops all over the world say the same or worse during investigations - not because they're conspiring to let someone 'off the hook' but because their bullshit detectors are pinging off the scale and there is nothing they can do about it.

This is why I find all this conspiracy crap annoying. In this type of high profile investigation there are way to many active players, to much documentation and to record keeping not to mention interested observers with a stake in the game for a 'conspiracy' to be work.
                Last edited by Monash; 18 Jun 18,, 10:40.
                If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

• The Inspector General is investigating Comey.
                  https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/0...ng-james-comey

Comment

• Slightly off subject, but this seems to be the place where the greatest number of Trumpets gather.

When do the so-called Christians break with The Trumpet over his treatment of children?
                    When does common decency and simple Christian morality kick in and force these holier-than-thou types to take a stand?
                    Can anyone support this abomination and still pretend to believe in the teachings of Jesus?
                    Trust me?
                    I'm an economist!

Comment

• Originally posted by DOR View Post
                      Slightly off subject, but this seems to be the place where the greatest number of Trumpets gather.

When do the so-called Christians break with The Trumpet over his treatment of children?
                      When does common decency and simple Christian morality kick in and force these holier-than-thou types to take a stand?
                      Can anyone support this abomination and still pretend to believe in the teachings of Jesus?
                      They can't anymore. When you have someone who lacks integrity, ethics and honesty you have a decision to make. If you value those qualities above all else then you will stand by them and not align with one who lacks them. However, if you decide to compromise yourself and align with someone who lacks those qualities, for whatever reason I don't care, then what else will you compromise? Then once compromised there is no getting those qualities back ever in my book as you are forever tarnished.

Comment

• Sort of like with Bill Clinton.
                        He did whatever his urges or polls told him to do.

Comment

Sort of like with Bill Clinton.
                          And, here we have someone with no moral backbone whatsoever.
                          Trust me?
                          I'm an economist!

Comment

• Label much?
                            Or is slander just part of your nature?
                            I hope you are enjoying your glass house.

Comment

Sort of like with Bill Clinton.
                              And he was a piece of trash who should have resigned.

But what does that have to do with the question?

Also, everyone knock off the name calling and juvenile BS. Discuss and disagree as adults but stop the personnel attacks.
                              “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                              Mark Twain

Comment

• This report indicates that Comey recklessly worked a criminal informant (murderer).
                                https://www.wfaa.com/amp/article?sec...mpression=true

Comment

Working...
                                X