No announcement yet.

Director Comey fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hired gun, foreign operative refuses to cooperate with investigation.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1SY20K

Comment

• Originally posted by surfgun View Post
      Hired gun, foreign operative refuses to cooperate with investigation.
      https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1SY20K
      The source close to Steele’s company said Steele would not cooperate with Durham’s probe but might cooperate with a parallel inquiry by the Justice Department’s Inspector General into how U.S. law enforcement agencies handled pre-election investigations into both Trump and Clinton.

Steele also cooperated with Mueller’s investigative team, voluntarily submitting to two interviews in September 2017. He also gave written testimony to the U.S. Senate Intelligence Committee in August 2018, the source said.
      Cooperating a metric shit-ton more than the Trump borgata, that's for damn sure.
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• “Might”! I’ll be holding my breath.
        Last edited by surfgun; 29 May 19,, 01:57.

Comment

• Originally posted by surfgun View Post
          “Might”! I’ll be holding my breath.
          I don't much care either way. He's already testified multiple times.
          This farce by Barr and Trump is mostly a distraction to pander to the Trump base (as usual).
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Doesn't matter. The Steele Dossier is Russian misinformation. Steele said that he obtained the information from his contacts in Russia. There is NOTHING in open source information that has reported mass deaths in the Russian spy agencies. This means that the intel was leaked to Steele by Putin or Steele's Russian contacts would have been dead already.

As with any such intel leaks, there is enough verifiable truth to Steele's dossier that you have to take the rest seriously. As an intel source, I would develop contingency based on the report being 100% true. As a legal document? That's not how intelligence work.
            Chimo

Comment

• You memory perhaps needs refreshing Colonel as to the Muscovite response: Sergei Mikhailov, Dmitry Dokuchaev, Ruslan Stoyanov and one other un-named arrested (all cyber security staff one from Kaspersky Labs). One of them (I think Mikhailov) they interrupted in a meeting and took him away with a bag over his head. Then there was the strange case of the General Oleg Erovinkin who was found dead in his car I think on Christmas Day or the day after; two fresh bullets in him but 'heart attack' was the verdict. Certainly not "mass deaths" but then classified information is not mass broadcast normally.

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
                You memory perhaps needs refreshing Colonel as to the Muscovite response: Sergei Mikhailov, Dmitry Dokuchaev, Ruslan Stoyanov and one other un-named arrested (all cyber security staff one from Kaspersky Labs). One of them (I think Mikhailov) they interrupted in a meeting and took him away with a bag over his head. Then there was the strange case of the General Oleg Erovinkin who was found dead in his car I think on Christmas Day or the day after; two fresh bullets in him but 'heart attack' was the verdict. Certainly not "mass deaths" but then classified information is not mass broadcast normally.
                Your ususal tricks of misdirection and cherry picking horse puckey facts that have zero bearing on the issues at hand. All Red Herring. None of these men are attached to Steele. In the case of Erovikin, he certainly was not found with 2 bullets in him and Steele was extremely admament that he was not the source and certainly not a MI6 mole.
                Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 29 May 19,, 15:00.
                Chimo

Comment

• regardless, the Steele stuff rightly doesn't figure into the Mueller reporting.
                  There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• speaking of which, Mueller himself will be speaking shortly. in the meantime, Comey has the following to say on WaPo:

James Comey: No ‘treason.’ No coup. Just lies — and dumb lies at that.

By James Comey May 28 at 5:24 PM

James Comey is a former director of the FBI and a former deputy attorney general.

It is tempting for normal people to ignore our president when he starts ranting about treason and corruption at the FBI. I understand the temptation. I’m the object of many of his rants, and even I try to ignore him.

But we shouldn’t, because millions of good people believe what a president of the United States says. In normal times, that’s healthy. But not now, when the president is a liar who doesn’t care what damage he does to vital institutions. We must call out his lies that the FBI was corrupt and committed treason, that we spied on the Trump campaign and tried to defeat Donald Trump. We must constantly return to the stubborn facts.

Russia engaged in a massive effort to interfere in the 2016 presidential election. Near as I can tell, there is only one U.S. leader who still denies that fact. The FBI saw the attack starting in mid-June 2016, with the first dumping of stolen emails. In late July, when we were hard at work trying to understand the scope of the effort, we learned that one of Trump’s foreign policy advisers knew about the Russian effort seven weeks before we did.

In April 2016, that adviser talked to a Russian agent in London, learned that the Russians had obtained “dirt” on Hillary Clinton in the form of thousands of emails and that the Russians could assist the Trump campaign through the anonymous release of information damaging to Clinton. Of course, nobody from the Trump campaign told us this (or about later Russian approaches); we had to learn it, months after the fact, from an allied ambassador.

But when we finally learned of it in late July, what should the FBI have done? Let it go? Go tell the Trump campaign? Tell the press? No. Investigate, to see what the facts were. We didn’t know what was true. Maybe there was nothing to it, or maybe Americans were actively conspiring with the Russians. To find out, the FBI would live up to its name and investigate.

As director, I was determined that the work would be done carefully, professionally and discreetly. We were just starting. If there was nothing to it, we didn’t want to smear Americans. If there was something to it, we didn’t want to let corrupt Americans know we were onto them. So, we kept it secret. That’s how the FBI approaches all counterintelligence cases.

And there’s the first problem with Trump’s whole “treason” narrative. If we were “deep state” Clinton loyalists bent on stopping him, why would we keep it secret? Why wouldn’t the much-maligned FBI supervisor Peter Strzok — the alleged kingpin of the “treasonous” plot to stop Trump — tell anyone? He was one of the very few people who knew what we were investigating.

We investigated. We didn’t gather information about the campaign’s strategy. We didn’t “spy” on anyone’s campaign. We investigated to see whether it was true that Americans associated with the campaign had taken the Russians up on any offer of help. By late October, the investigators thought they had probable cause to get a federal court order to conduct electronic surveillance of a former Trump campaign adviser named Carter Page. Page was no longer with the campaign, but there was reason to believe he was acting as an agent of the Russian government. We asked a federal judge for permission to surveil him and then we did it, all without revealing our work, despite the fact that it was late October and a leak would have been very harmful to candidate Trump. Worst deep-state conspiracy ever.

But wait, the conspiracy idea gets dumber. On Oct. 28, after agonizing deliberation over two terrible options, I concluded I had no choice but to inform Congress that we had reopened the Clinton email investigation. I judged that hiding that fact — after having told Congress repeatedly and under oath that the case was finished — would be worse than telling Congress the truth. It was a decision William Barr praised and Hillary Clinton blamed for her loss 11 days later. Strzok, alleged architect of the treasonous plot to stop Trump, drafted the letter I sent Congress.

And there’s still more to the dumbness of the conspiracy allegation. At the center of the alleged FBI “corruption” we hear so much about was the conclusion that Deputy Director Andrew McCabe lied to internal investigators about a disclosure to the press in late October 2016. McCabe was fired over it. And what was that disclosure? Some stop-Trump election-eve screed? No. McCabe authorized a disclosure that revealed the FBI was actively investigating the Clinton Foundation, a disclosure that was harmful to Clinton.

There is a reason the non-fringe media doesn’t spend much time on this “treason” and “corruption” business. The conspiracy theory makes no sense. The FBI wasn’t out to get Donald Trump. It also wasn’t out to get Hillary Clinton. It was out to do its best to investigate serious matters while walking through a vicious political minefield.

But go ahead, investigate the investigators, if you must. When those investigations are over, you will find the work was done appropriately and focused only on discerning the truth of very serious allegations. There was no corruption. There was no treason. There was no attempted coup. Those are lies, and dumb lies at that. There were just good people trying to figure out what was true, under unprecedented circumstances.
                    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
                      Your ususal tricks of misdirection and cherry picking horse puckey facts that have zero bearing on the issues at hand. All Red Herring. None of these men are attached to Steele. In the case of Erovikin, he certainly was not found with 2 bullets in him and Steele was extremely admament that he was not the source and certainly not a MI6 mole.
                      A. We do not know who Steele sources were. All were arrested or died soon after the Steele dossier was known of.
                      B. The Muscovite papers themselves at first reported that Erovikin had been shot. The story was later changed to the 'heart attack', his drivers testimony vanished. Nothing new there... take the Sergei Krivov case, found in New York with a "head injury" who also died of a 'heart attack'. There was another one died in Athens, another in India "after a short illness", the guy who got shot in Turkey. Then Vitaly Churking the Ambassador to the UN where poisoning was suspected. Indeed there seemed to be a passing plague of 'heart attacks' among Muscovite 'diplomats'.

So what you have is the Muscovites denying their guy got shot shortly after that was initially reported and Steele denying that Erovikin had been a source of his. Can you imagine why both may say this?

Mikhailov got 22yrs for treason.
                      Last edited by snapper; 30 May 19,, 11:37.

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
                        A. We do not know who Steele sources were. All were arrested or died soon after the Steele dossier was known of.
                        And then you jumped to the conclusion that these men must be the sources with zero proof. Try again.

Originally posted by snapper View Post
                        B. The Muscovite papers themselves at first reported that Erovikin had been shot. The story was later changed to the 'heart attack', his drivers testimony vanished. Nothing new there... take the Sergei Krivov case, found in New York with a "head injury" who also died of a 'heart attack'. There was another one died in Athens, another in India "after a short illness", the guy who got shot in Turkey. Then Vitaly Churking the Ambassador to the UN where poisoning was suspected. Indeed there seemed to be a passing plague of 'heart attacks' among Muscovite 'diplomats'.
                        Who the fuck cares? I don't care if Erovkin got a wooden stake through his heart. There is ZERO link between him and the Trump campaign.

So what you have is the Muscovites denying their guy got shot shortly after that was initially reported and Steele denying that Erovikin had been a source of his. Can you imagine why both may say this?
                        Are you freaking serious? So Steele is lying? Then what makes his dossier reliable? Who is Steele protecting? A dead man?

Mikhailov got 22yrs for treason.
                        You are stupid. A simple google proved you know crap. The man was convicted to talking to the FBI, not Steele.
                        Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 30 May 19,, 16:32.
                        Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
                          regardless, the Steele stuff rightly doesn't figure into the Mueller reporting.
                          And that's the point. It's 3rd person hearsay.
                          Chimo

Comment

• Sir I merely reminded you of the arrests and deaths that occurred following Steele's work after you said;

Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
                            There is NOTHING in open source information that has reported mass deaths in the Russian spy agencies.
                            Actually there was plenty. Now sure sometimes people just die and people get arrested - doesn't matter what they charge you with in Muscovy really - Steele gave his report to the FBI but they could have charged with anything anyway. The fact is that a whole swathe of arrests and deaths occurred after Steele and that is what you seemed to have forgotten. We cannot prove a causal connection to Steele's work but merely observe the coincidence just like all the other 'coincidences' that occur to Putin's perceived opponents. I draw no conclusion; it is impossible to do so but I merely remind of the 'coincidences' that followed with them shortly after the Steele dossier's publication. Perhaps all these cases are totally unrelated to Steele but I would highly doubt that.

Comment

• More bad news for Comey.
                              https://www.realclearinvestigations....mp_119584.html

Comment

• FBI agents had been dispatched to home of the former director.
                                https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi...is-termination

Comment

Working...
                                X