Director Comey fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
    Yep, one email taken out of context by the debunked Fox newswriter. Now just keep stretching your head a little bit more as the apple is right there in front of your face. You'll get it one day...maybe.

Instead why don't you just come out and say it. You want Clinton in jail. That is clearly what Trump wants the way he is complaining about Sessions. That is another one of his dictatorial attributes coming to the surface. Jail the opposition.
    Is it wrong to want someone who broke multiple felony laws in jail? Wanting the justice system to be blind and treat the powerful as it treats the poor is dictaorial? Director Comey laid out a slam dunk case if you use the law as it is written, not as Comey wished it to be. She belongs in prison, she broke multiple felony statues.

Comment

• funny how Trump's Justice Department is busy as a bee investigating Trump, then, and not Clinton.

should indicate to you where the preponderance of evidence lies. sort of weird why you extend "nothingburger" to one, but not the other.
      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
        funny how Trump's Justice Department is busy as a bee investigating Trump, then, and not Clinton.

should indicate to you where the preponderance of evidence lies. sort of weird why you extend "nothingburger" to one, but not the other.
        We don't know who or what the DoJ is investigating. We know Muller has been tasked to look into Russia and he is stacking the deck, but we don't know about the rest of the DoJ. We do know the previous FBI investigation is enough to take to trial.

Comment

• as far as i can tell, pretty much the entire Trump family absent Melania + Barron have now lawyered up.

haven't seen Clinton doing anything of the sort. so i wouldn't be holding my breath on that one...
          There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by bfng3569 View Post
            so that's a no, you don't.

practice what you preach.

oh, wait. you've been preaching hypocracy all along....
            My proof is in those tax returns. Besides my beef is not with collusion under the law. Laws have loopholes that are often exploited. My beef is with his ethics or more to the point lack of. In my book ethics always "trumps" the law. Ethics is about right and wrong and you know it. As an analogy I know of a group defrauding Medicare/Medi-Cal of hundreds of thousands of dollars pushing the envelope. They know I know yet are covered legally, but ethically they are dirty. So any dealing with Putin (Russia), off the books, is dirty and I am supposed to believe Chicken Little without question.

Comment

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
              Is it wrong to want someone who broke multiple felony laws in jail? Wanting the justice system to be blind and treat the powerful as it treats the poor is dictaorial? Director Comey laid out a slam dunk case if you use the law as it is written, not as Comey wished it to be. She belongs in prison, she broke multiple felony statues.
              By the way who are you to be judge and jury? You are actually better versed in the law than Comey? I'm certainly not so why aren't you in Washington?

This is where you and I differ greatly. I know she was stupid regarding her server but whether or not it reached the level of an intentional felony I certainly do not know. Definitely not taking your word. I have also never said Trump was guilty of a crime or a felony. I have said he is an absolute moron and has been for going on at least 40 years. Being a public moron is not a felony but being a moron as President shouldn't be acceptable for anyone.

Your problem is that you see any Democrat, or liberal, as automatically guilty when accused and am willing to put up with any moron that agrees with you. On the other hand I see simply challenged ethics and stupidity (such as Jr.) but not necessarily a crime and am content with whoever neutered. Actually I am content now since Trump has pretty much neutered himself and will continue to do so. He simply can't help himself because it is what he does best as he weaves that tangled mess of his.

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
                as far as i can tell, pretty much the entire Trump family absent Melania + Barron have now lawyered up.
                Even Trump's lawyer has a lawyer. :-D

Good day. I am Trump’s lawyer’s lawyer’s lawyer’s lawyer. I think. I might be his lawyer’s lawyer’s lawyer. I have an email into his lawyer’s lawyer seeking some clarification on precisely who the fuck I am. I am somewhat certain that I am his lawyer’s lawyer’s lawyer’s lawyer because that is what Kellyanne said I was when she was talking once. But who knows.

And in an abundance of caution I should be more precise. I am actually Trump’s personal lawyer’s personal lawyer’s personal lawyer’s personal lawyer. Just to be clear.
                https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/...ed-to-be-doing
                sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

You don't seem very interested in trivial stuff like, oh, say,
                  Due process;
                  Legally admissable evidence; or
                  Trial by a jury of one's peers.

"Lock her up" says it all: screw the Constitution and just lynch her.

Sad!
                  Trust me?
                  I'm an economist!

Comment

• Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump campaign - "quietly working to boost Clinton." So where is the investigation A.G.

I think he wants a job on RT.

Comment

By the way who are you to be judge and jury? You are actually better versed in the law than Comey? I'm certainly not so why aren't you in Washington?

This is where you and I differ greatly. I know she was stupid regarding her server but whether or not it reached the level of an intentional felony I certainly do not know. Definitely not taking your word. I have also never said Trump was guilty of a crime or a felony. I have said he is an absolute moron and has been for going on at least 40 years. Being a public moron is not a felony but being a moron as President shouldn't be acceptable for anyone.

Your problem is that you see any Democrat, or liberal, as automatically guilty when accused and am willing to put up with any moron that agrees with you. On the other hand I see simply challenged ethics and stupidity (such as Jr.) but not necessarily a crime and am content with whoever neutered. Actually I am content now since Trump has pretty much neutered himself and will continue to do so. He simply can't help himself because it is what he does best as he weaves that tangled mess of his.
                      Multiple federal prosecutors have said its a slam dunk case. Intentional is not required under the law, motive as a reason for not prosecuting was made up out of whole cloth by Comey. Oh, and you are backpedaling, you just accused me of collusion becuase I want proof.

Comment

My proof is in those tax returns. Besides my beef is not with collusion under the law. Laws have loopholes that are often exploited. My beef is with his ethics or more to the point lack of. In my book ethics always "trumps" the law. Ethics is about right and wrong and you know it. As an analogy I know of a group defrauding Medicare/Medi-Cal of hundreds of thousands of dollars pushing the envelope. They know I know yet are covered legally, but ethically they are dirty. So any dealing with Putin (Russia), off the books, is dirty and I am supposed to believe Chicken Little without question.
                        and my beef is with the blind hypocrisy and outrage directed at one particular party or person while totally absolving and ignoring another.

I try to keep from using the past as an example (excuse or justification) for the present.

if you want to try to keep it on 'ethics' vs breaking law, fine, do so. But as you started out with, 'my proof is in the taxes'. you have no idea if there is any proof there or not of any wrong doing. you also really have no proof of collusion yet. or anything else illegal.

9 months of investigations and nothing illegal yet.

doesn't mean that Mueller wont find something.

or that one of the other investigations wont.

but 8 years of laws being broken by Obama and Clinton with barley a scolding from Obama's justice department or Comey?

the list of 'ethical violations' on the left that no one seems to care much about?

now all of sudden 'ethics' is a big deal? (illegal gun running to mexico, lying about Benghazi for political gains, IRS targeting conservative groups, deleting emails, private servers out of your basement, DNC colluding with Clinton to beat Burning man, CNN giving Clinton debate questions, the entire pay to play scheme with Clinton (both) and the Clinton foundation..... and now we are supposed to care about ethics? and the list keeps on going....)

if ethics is really your biggest concern, I'd love a to hear who in politics you actually find to be ethical?

either hold them all accountable, or not.

But I am sure as hell tired of hearing about nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by DOR View Post
                          You don't seem very interested in trivial stuff like, oh, say,
                          Due process;
                          Legally admissable evidence; or
                          Trial by a jury of one's peers.

"Lock her up" says it all: screw the Constitution and just lynch her.

Sad!
                          I'm sorry, did I miss the trial then?

Comment

• Folks. Cool down. All of you. Please.

Continue with the debate, don't try to get in one last dig at somebody, don't try to justify your comments.
                            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Multiple federal prosecutors have said its a slam dunk case. Intentional is not required under the law, motive as a reason for not prosecuting was made up out of whole cloth by Comey. Oh, and you are backpedaling, you just accused me of collusion becuase I want proof.
                              No, it was "collaboration" by way of making excuses to deflect attention.

Anyway, you all have at it because as I said above I am content. If not already then it is pretty close in that Trump has already mortally wounded his Presidency. There is no upside for him as long as he stays him.

Comment

• Today we finally get some Muscovite retaliation for Obama's late actions (denying them access to two properties and kicking out a bunch of SVR people). Moscow has announced that US Diplomats in Muscovy must be reduced to 455 by September 1st, banned the use of US Embassy dachas and warehouses. Bad timing... Just after the new sanctions Bill is up to be signed by their stooge Agent Orange this puts him in a very difficult position. The timing is NOT coincidental in my view - sure they have been moaning for their properties in the US back for months but they do not really need them - that is just moaning for the sake of it and means "hurry up! Keep your side of the deal". What it indicates to me and others - and this agrees with rumours in Europe - is that Moscow is getting increasingly frustrated with Trump. So now they retaliate for Obama's actions and ratchet up the game as the new sanctions bill hits the signing stage. What does Trump do? Clearly he'd like to veto it and save his rear end from Moscow but to do so just after their retaliation? How would that look? My bet is that he veto's.

Comment

Working...
                                X