Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526
Results 376 to 386 of 386

Thread: Director Comey fired

  1. #376
    Staff Emeritus
    Military Professional
    Contrary by Nature.
    zraver's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Oct 06
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    14,467
    Quote Originally Posted by tbm3fan View Post
    Yep, one email taken out of context by the debunked Fox newswriter. Now just keep stretching your head a little bit more as the apple is right there in front of your face. You'll get it one day...maybe.

    Instead why don't you just come out and say it. You want Clinton in jail. That is clearly what Trump wants the way he is complaining about Sessions. That is another one of his dictatorial attributes coming to the surface. Jail the opposition.
    Is it wrong to want someone who broke multiple felony laws in jail? Wanting the justice system to be blind and treat the powerful as it treats the poor is dictaorial? Director Comey laid out a slam dunk case if you use the law as it is written, not as Comey wished it to be. She belongs in prison, she broke multiple felony statues.

  2. #377
    Administrator
    Lei Feng Protege
    Defense Professional
    Join Date
    23 Aug 05
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    12,935
    funny how Trump's Justice Department is busy as a bee investigating Trump, then, and not Clinton.

    should indicate to you where the preponderance of evidence lies. sort of weird why you extend "nothingburger" to one, but not the other.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

  3. #378
    Staff Emeritus
    Military Professional
    Contrary by Nature.
    zraver's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Oct 06
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    14,467
    Quote Originally Posted by astralis View Post
    funny how Trump's Justice Department is busy as a bee investigating Trump, then, and not Clinton.

    should indicate to you where the preponderance of evidence lies. sort of weird why you extend "nothingburger" to one, but not the other.
    We don't know who or what the DoJ is investigating. We know Muller has been tasked to look into Russia and he is stacking the deck, but we don't know about the rest of the DoJ. We do know the previous FBI investigation is enough to take to trial.

  4. #379
    Administrator
    Lei Feng Protege
    Defense Professional
    Join Date
    23 Aug 05
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    12,935
    as far as i can tell, pretty much the entire Trump family absent Melania + Barron have now lawyered up.

    haven't seen Clinton doing anything of the sort. so i wouldn't be holding my breath on that one...
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

  5. #380
    Defense ProfessionalSenior Contributor tbm3fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    01 Nov 09
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    2,994
    Quote Originally Posted by bfng3569 View Post
    so that's a no, you don't.

    practice what you preach.

    oh, wait. you've been preaching hypocracy all along....
    My proof is in those tax returns. Besides my beef is not with collusion under the law. Laws have loopholes that are often exploited. My beef is with his ethics or more to the point lack of. In my book ethics always "trumps" the law. Ethics is about right and wrong and you know it. As an analogy I know of a group defrauding Medicare/Medi-Cal of hundreds of thousands of dollars pushing the envelope. They know I know yet are covered legally, but ethically they are dirty. So any dealing with Putin (Russia), off the books, is dirty and I am supposed to believe Chicken Little without question.

  6. #381
    Defense ProfessionalSenior Contributor tbm3fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    01 Nov 09
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    2,994
    Quote Originally Posted by zraver View Post
    Is it wrong to want someone who broke multiple felony laws in jail? Wanting the justice system to be blind and treat the powerful as it treats the poor is dictaorial? Director Comey laid out a slam dunk case if you use the law as it is written, not as Comey wished it to be. She belongs in prison, she broke multiple felony statues.
    By the way who are you to be judge and jury? You are actually better versed in the law than Comey? I'm certainly not so why aren't you in Washington?

    This is where you and I differ greatly. I know she was stupid regarding her server but whether or not it reached the level of an intentional felony I certainly do not know. Definitely not taking your word. I have also never said Trump was guilty of a crime or a felony. I have said he is an absolute moron and has been for going on at least 40 years. Being a public moron is not a felony but being a moron as President shouldn't be acceptable for anyone.

    Your problem is that you see any Democrat, or liberal, as automatically guilty when accused and am willing to put up with any moron that agrees with you. On the other hand I see simply challenged ethics and stupidity (such as Jr.) but not necessarily a crime and am content with whoever neutered. Actually I am content now since Trump has pretty much neutered himself and will continue to do so. He simply can't help himself because it is what he does best as he weaves that tangled mess of his.

  7. #382
    Senior Contributor Bigfella's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Jan 07
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    9,143
    Quote Originally Posted by astralis View Post
    as far as i can tell, pretty much the entire Trump family absent Melania + Barron have now lawyered up.
    Even Trump's lawyer has a lawyer. :-D

    Good day. I am Trump’s lawyer’s lawyer’s lawyer’s lawyer. I think. I might be his lawyer’s lawyer’s lawyer. I have an email into his lawyer’s lawyer seeking some clarification on precisely who the fuck I am. I am somewhat certain that I am his lawyer’s lawyer’s lawyer’s lawyer because that is what Kellyanne said I was when she was talking once. But who knows.

    And in an abundance of caution I should be more precise. I am actually Trump’s personal lawyer’s personal lawyer’s personal lawyer’s personal lawyer. Just to be clear.
    https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/...ed-to-be-doing


    Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

  8. #383
    Senior Contributor DOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Mar 11
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,266
    Quote Originally Posted by zraver View Post
    Is it wrong to want someone who broke multiple felony laws in jail? Wanting the justice system to be blind and treat the powerful as it treats the poor is dictaorial? Director Comey laid out a slam dunk case if you use the law as it is written, not as Comey wished it to be. She belongs in prison, she broke multiple felony statues.
    You don't seem very interested in trivial stuff like, oh, say,
    Due process;
    Legally admissable evidence; or
    Trial by a jury of one's peers.

    "Lock her up" says it all: screw the Constitution and just lynch her.

    Sad!
    Trust me?
    I'm an economist!

  9. #384
    Senior Contributor
    Join Date
    12 Aug 08
    Location
    UK/Europe
    Posts
    4,001
    Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

    Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump campaign - "quietly working to boost Clinton." So where is the investigation A.G.

    I think he wants a job on RT.

  10. #385
    Staff Emeritus
    Military Professional
    Contrary by Nature.
    zraver's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Oct 06
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    14,467
    Quote Originally Posted by tbm3fan View Post
    By the way who are you to be judge and jury? You are actually better versed in the law than Comey? I'm certainly not so why aren't you in Washington?

    This is where you and I differ greatly. I know she was stupid regarding her server but whether or not it reached the level of an intentional felony I certainly do not know. Definitely not taking your word. I have also never said Trump was guilty of a crime or a felony. I have said he is an absolute moron and has been for going on at least 40 years. Being a public moron is not a felony but being a moron as President shouldn't be acceptable for anyone.

    Your problem is that you see any Democrat, or liberal, as automatically guilty when accused and am willing to put up with any moron that agrees with you. On the other hand I see simply challenged ethics and stupidity (such as Jr.) but not necessarily a crime and am content with whoever neutered. Actually I am content now since Trump has pretty much neutered himself and will continue to do so. He simply can't help himself because it is what he does best as he weaves that tangled mess of his.
    Multiple federal prosecutors have said its a slam dunk case. Intentional is not required under the law, motive as a reason for not prosecuting was made up out of whole cloth by Comey. Oh, and you are backpedaling, you just accused me of collusion becuase I want proof.

  11. #386
    Staff Emeritus
    Military Professional
    Contrary by Nature.
    zraver's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Oct 06
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    14,467
    Quote Originally Posted by DOR View Post
    You don't seem very interested in trivial stuff like, oh, say,
    Due process;
    Legally admissable evidence; or
    Trial by a jury of one's peers.

    "Lock her up" says it all: screw the Constitution and just lynch her.

    Sad!
    Nope, I want her to go on trial. Hey I heard you built a new addition on under your bridge. Are you enjoying it? Watch out for goats.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 16 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 14 guests)

  1. PeeCoffee,
  2. snapper

Similar Threads

  1. James Comey Nominated To Be New FBI Director
    By Doktor in forum American Politics & Economy
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22 Jun 13,, 12:19
  2. Former Goldman Sachs Director, Sentenced To Two Years
    By USSWisconsin in forum American Politics & Economy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25 Oct 12,, 04:47
  3. A Chat With ISAF's Director Of Intelligence
    By S2 in forum Operation Enduring Freedom and Af-Pak
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05 Nov 09,, 15:57
  4. Dennis Ross appointed NSC senior director
    By Ironduke in forum The Staff College
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26 Jun 09,, 16:56
  5. CIA Director cites big gains against al-Qaida globally
    By citanon in forum The Middle East and North Africa
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 16 Jun 08,, 19:38

Share this thread with friends:

Share this thread with friends:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •