Director Comey fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zraver View Post
    So glad he is gone. He was cowardly, partisan, and corrupt. He did untold damage to the republic. From refusing to act on Contempt of Congress cases given to him, willingly running interference for a politicized DoJ and openly admitting on national tv that the elites have a different set of laws from everyone else, that justice isn't blind. Next to Gorsuch, this is the best move Trump has made so far in so far as long term health of the republic is concerned.
    Now I understand Ironduke's comment...

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
      Everybody's got a narrative. The guy obviously doesn't like Comey, so define him as imaginatively as possible assigning him whatever motive and angle that randomly comes to mind just as your fingers hit keys whilst typing out a hit piece.
      He's a media whore. I can't see that as a good attribute in the head of the FBI. By the same token, it's hardly a firing offence.
      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
        re: Pari's article: I happen to agree that Comey acted very unprofessionally in terms of what he did 11 days before the election. that was the basis of Deputy AG Rosenstein's memo.

and if we had a POTUS whose associates were NOT under investigation by the FBI, then i'd say this was a great, statesman-like move-- particularly because it would be seen as giving ammo to the opposition party's claims.

but that's not our reality.

and it's clear from Trump's tweets and even Trump's very -letter- to Comey, that Comey being unfair to Clinton was absolutely the last thing on Trump's mind. this was merely the excuse that Trump needed to axe Comey.
        Yup, in a nutshell.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by snapper View Post
          These photos come exclusively from the Muscovite press as no US 'fake news' journalists were allowed in. America First or the 'art of the deal'? This is beyond laughable and only an independent investigation can now satisfy the need for justice - followed by a swift impeachment I hope.
          So American journalists are not allowed at this event because they're "fake news" - but somehow RT and the like is just fine.

Perhaps Lavrov and Putin dispensed advice at this meeting on how exactly Trump should deal with journalists that trouble him.

In Russia, they just kill them outright.

Perhaps in the US, the 1st Amendment will be changed to:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances, but the President has the right to assassinate you if you do.
          Last edited by Ironduke; 11 May 17,, 11:08.
          "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

/\ like , lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
              So American journalists are not allowed at this event because they're "fake news" - but somehow RT and the like is just fine.

Perhaps Lavrov and Putin dispensed advice at this meeting on how exactly Trump should deal with journalists that trouble him.

In Russia, they just kill them outright.

Perhaps in the US, the 1st Amendment will be changed to:
              Or perhaps you should find out yourself what really happened, not the bullshit you've been fed trough your "press". No journalists were allowed, only personal photographers of Trump and Lavrov. Trump did not released the photo, Lavrov did.
              Winter is coming.

Comment

Originally posted by NUS View Post
                Or perhaps you should find out yourself what really happened, not the bullshit you've been fed trough your "press". No journalists were allowed, only personal photographers of Trump and Lavrov. Trump did not released the photo, Lavrov did.
                You have to admit though, both Trump and Lavrov trolled the democrat press magnificently.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                  You have to admit though, both Trump and Lavrov trolled the democrat press magnificently.
                  Lavrov and Putin also troll the Russian press, by assassinating them on a regular basis.

The difference between Putin and Trump at this point, with regards to journalists, is that Putin assassinates journalists on Potapovsky Avenue and many other avenues, and Trump could theoretically get away with (his words, not mine) assassinating someone, perhaps Jake Tapper, on 5th Avenue.
                  Last edited by Ironduke; 11 May 17,, 16:56.

Comment

man, when Trump first said that phrase I thought it was typical Trumpian stream-of-consciousness-braggadacio, but these days i'm not so sure anymore.
                    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Here's the problem, even if Trump has not or will not personally assassinate people.

He speaks words. People, motivated by those very words, have gone out that very night and committed murders, bombings, vandalisms, and various types of terrorist attacks.

Trump speaks. Domestic terrorists are galvanized and motivated, and they have acted in the past, and will continue to act, after Trump speaks words.

Sometimes the terrorist attacks occur practically in real-time after he speaks at a rally or on Twitter, sometimes there's a delay of hours or days.

Comment

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...004_story.html

Rosenstein threatened to resign after the narrative emerging from the White House on Tuesday evening cast him as a prime mover of the decision to fire Comey and that the president acted only on his recommendation, said the person close to the White House, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter.
                        There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

General Mike Hayden (formerly CIA and NSA Director) on the Comey firing; "I was very surprised and stunned as anyone...I’m trying to avoid the conclusion that we’ve become Nicaragua."

I do think firing Comey makes the whole "Russia is fake news" (to quote Trump) thing 'go away'. Subpoenas have been issued for Flynn I am told, I rather think this move makes it all worse for Trump as behaving in such a way that it is clear you are trying to hide something merely draws attention to the fact that you are hiding it. Make him release his tax returns!
                          Last edited by snapper; 11 May 17,, 19:43.

Comment

Originally posted by snapper View Post
                            Make him release his tax returns!
                            I'm more interested in the violations of the Espionage Act of 1917 that have been committed by members of the Trump Administration, than I am in his tax returns.

Of course, it may be the case there is additional supporting evidence of violations of the Espionage Act contained within the tax returns.

Time will tell.
                            Last edited by Ironduke; 11 May 17,, 20:19.

Comment

There's a Racketeering something (RICO) investigation into the GOP receiving laundered Muscovite money during the campaign. Trump also has Muscovite money which is separate - his companies etc I suppose. That they and he colluded with Moscow on the interference in the election is beyond doubt; whether that classifies as treason or some other charge in US law I don't know but this lot end in jail.

Comment

now POTUS is denying that his original assertion that it was Deputy AG Rosenstein's recommendation that drove the Comey firing-- that he had wanted to do it from the beginning and would have done it regardless of the recommendations coming his way.

Comment

Working...
                                X