Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415
Results 211 to 221 of 221

Thread: Director Comey fired

  1. #211
    Administrator
    Lei Feng Protege
    Defense Professional
    Join Date
    23 Aug 05
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    12,883
    hboGYT, z,

    i am moving the healthcare discussion to the American Political Scene thread.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

  2. #212
    Senior Contributor antimony's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Feb 08
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,852
    Quote Originally Posted by zraver View Post
    I was always very careful to limit my criticisms to policy in the occupation zone and not of Judaism, Jews, or Israel's right to exists. That is not whats occurring on college campuses.
    Nowhere in the campuses is there a call to be violent against Jews themselves, unlike Brreitbart and Infowars. Please re-educate yourself

    Quote Originally Posted by zraver View Post
    They align Left politically, left and hate are not mutually exclusive.
    Z, this is insane. A jihadist, by definition, is a virulent right wing extremist. Only, he is Islamic, instead of the Christian right wing we see here

    Quote Originally Posted by zraver View Post
    Yes they do
    A point I myself have made elsewhere, but he was left before insane.
    Again, this is insanity. How can a progressive be against women in power? That goes against the very definition of progressiveness. Also, the conspiracy stuff is pure right wing lunacy.

    Quote Originally Posted by zraver View Post
    Incredibly dishonest of you. Severed heads, mock assassinations at Shakespeare in the Park, politicians calling for people to fight in the streets... All recent, yet you want to go back to a campaign closing on a year ago, where a candidate got pissed that lefties were violently crashing his rallies like SA Brownshirts in the 30's.
    Is that so? Griffin was torn apart by the liberal as well as mainstream media for what she did. She herself was profoundly apologetic. What happened to Ted Nugent when he said Obama should suck on this machine gun? Why was he not similarly ostracized? Sean Hannity even defiantly said that it was his right to free speech. The hypocrisy on the right is unbelievable. you guys have absolutely no standing on this issue. And btw, lefties violently crashing Trump' parties while he was mouthing himself off? That is a barefaced lie. The Orange himself says in the video that the protester looks to happy and calm, and instead he should be on a stretcher. So the candidate does not like a few protesters? Yeah, welcome to America

    Name:  44890859.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  138.2 KB

    Also, please explain this:

    Attachment 43938
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

  3. #213
    Senior Contributor
    Join Date
    15 Dec 06
    Posts
    996
    Quote Originally Posted by antimony View Post
    Any jihadist, by definition is Islamic right wing, as opposed to the Christian right wing that you prefer. The Left shuns both.
    Not to detract from your very valid points about rightwing hypocrisy, but the bolded part above isn't strictly true and you know it. Several people on the left itself have called out liberals for defending Islamic extremism out of some misplaced belief that criticism of the religion is tantamount to racism and bigotry.

    For an example, read this: I'm a Muslim reformer who is being smeared as an 'anti-Muslim extremist' by angry white liberals. I expect you know who Maajid Nawaz is.

    I admit this is more prevalent across the pond but US liberals aren't far behind. The SPLC which labelled Nawaz an "anti-muslim extremist" is American.
    Last edited by Firestorm; 19 Jun 17, at 18:41.

  4. #214
    Senior Contributor antimony's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Feb 08
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Not to detract from your very valid points about rightwing hypocrisy, but the bolded part above isn't strictly true and you know it. Several people on the left itself have called out liberals for defending Islamic extremism out of some misplaced belief that criticism of the religion is tantamount to racism and bigotry.

    For an example, read this: I'm a Muslim reformer who is being smeared as an 'anti-Muslim extremist' by angry white liberals. I expect you know who Maajid Nawaz is.

    I admit this is more prevalent across the pond but US liberals aren't far behind. The SPLC which labelled Nawaz an "anti-muslim extremist" is American.
    The principle point stands. Part of the left (such as the TYT gang) are misguided that criticism of Islam is "racism", just like you said. However, that is what it is, lack of information and ignorance, as well as some amount of political correctness. They DO NOT support the concepts inherent within radical Islam , which is mistreatment of women, bigotry against non-believers etc. To say otherwise is plainly wrong. This is indeed part of my frustration with the Left. To them sharia is a cute thing that Muslims do, not the virulent and dangerous philosophy is represents.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

  5. #215
    Staff Emeritus
    Military Professional
    Contrary by Nature.
    zraver's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Oct 06
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    14,392
    Quote Originally Posted by antimony View Post
    Nowhere in the campuses is there a call to be violent against Jews themselves, unlike Brreitbart and Infowars. Please re-educate yourself
    You should educate yourself... When a jewish Publicant creates a list of 40 major universities with a history of antisemitism. Where BTW it does get violent.

    https://www.algemeiner.com/the-40-wo...students-2016/

    Z, this is insane. A jihadist, by definition, is a virulent right wing extremist. Only, he is Islamic, instead of the Christian right wing we see here
    I am not talking about salafist. NoI is not salafist, but it does align Left politically. Thier list of demands is all gimmie, gimme gimme welfare....

    https://www.noi.org/muslim-program/

    Again, this is insanity. How can a progressive be against women in power?
    I asked that same question when Sarah Palin and her doctors were raked over the coals, when Invanka gets brutalized in the press, when then cancidate wife now FLOTUS had perfectly legal pictures published with the obvious intent of slut shaming. When HRC refused to answer questions from the woman her husband raped...

    That goes against the very definition of progressiveness. Also, the conspiracy stuff is pure right wing lunacy.
    No one accuses progressives of ideological purity when it comes to anyone who leaves the assigned reservation.

    Is that so? Griffin was torn apart by the liberal as well as mainstream media for what she did. She herself was profoundly apologetic.
    Mainstream media soft pedaled it, and her own apology lasted less than a day.

    What happened to Ted Nugent when he said Obama should suck on this machine gun? Why was he not similarly ostracized? Sean Hannity even defiantly said that it was his right to free speech.
    Was Obama a sitting president or candidate, and the whole went to the trouble of creating a severed head thing..

    The hypocrisy on the right is unbelievable. you guys have absolutely no standing on this issue.
    Disagree, the Left nominated a slut shaming rapist defender after all.

    And btw, lefties violently crashing Trump' parties while he was mouthing himself off? That is a barefaced lie. The Orange himself says in the video that the protester looks to happy and calm, and instead he should be on a stretcher. So the candidate does not like a few protesters? Yeah, welcome to America
    Most Trump rallies got crashed, it was a persistent pattern.

    Also, please explain this:
    Bill Clinton is a rapist... However, one picture vs dozens of rallies disrupted...

    On the Rand Paul tweet you keep posting. perchance have you read the Federalist papers discussions on the 2A?

    Resisting a tyrannical government, defending self and community against brigands and Indians etc is why the 2A was created. Hunting is not why we have guns.

  6. #216
    Senior Contributor DOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Mar 11
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,193
    Quote Originally Posted by zraver View Post
    You should educate yourself... When a jewish Publicant creates a list of 40 major universities with a history of antisemitism. Where BTW it does get violent.


    I am not talking about salafist. NoI is not salafist, but it does align Left politically. Thier list of demands is all gimmie, gimme gimme welfare....

    https://www.noi.org/muslim-program/
    The only thing even remotely "gimme, gimme, gimme welfare" on that site is a demand for equal but separate education.

  7. #217
    Senior Contributor antimony's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Feb 08
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,852
    Quote Originally Posted by zraver View Post
    You should educate yourself... When a jewish Publicant creates a list of 40 major universities with a history of antisemitism. Where BTW it does get violent.

    https://www.algemeiner.com/the-40-wo...students-2016/
    Exactly what I thought, anti-Israel s being passed off as anti-semitic. You yourself have said similar or worse. As for the incident with the swastikas, yeah, the Left (whatever that is) does not do that. that is strictly alt-right and Stormfront territory. BTW, I am quite familiar with UW. Pro-Palestine is right, as is Anti-Israel. Anti-semitic, not so much.

    Quote Originally Posted by zraver View Post
    I am not talking about salafist. NoI is not salafist, but it does align Left politically. Their list of demands is all gimmie, gimme gimme welfare....

    https://www.noi.org/muslim-program/
    I have seen that before. It is black nationalism, not Leftist stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by zraver View Post
    I asked that same question when Sarah Palin and her doctors were raked over the coals, when Invanka gets brutalized in the press, when then cancidate wife now FLOTUS had perfectly legal pictures published with the obvious intent of slut shaming. When HRC refused to answer questions from the woman her husband raped...
    What BS! Palin was raked over coals for her intellectual inadequacy, not for being a woman. What is more, she displayed a total lack of intellectual curiosity, something that Trump displays too and something which I consider a dealbreaker for any chief executive. What she had, in spades, was self confidence and charishma, which makes her perfect for a reality star

    Quote Originally Posted by zraver View Post
    No one accuses progressives of ideological purity when it comes to anyone who leaves the assigned reservation.
    Anti-women policies are at the very center of right wing ideology, so your logic does not count.

    Quote Originally Posted by zraver View Post
    Mainstream media soft pedaled it, and her own apology lasted less than a day.
    No they did not. She was fired and lambasted. What happened to Nugent?

    Quote Originally Posted by zraver View Post
    Was Obama a sitting president or candidate, and the whole went to the trouble of creating a severed head thing..
    a. Why does it matter? Is threatening to shoot a non-President somehow excusable?
    b. He did something similar before 2012

    I repeat, the Right celebrated his rantings, the center and left chastised Griffin. That shows the difference.

    Quote Originally Posted by zraver View Post
    Disagree, the Left nominated a slut shaming rapist defender after all.

    Most Trump rallies got crashed, it was a persistent pattern.

    Bill Clinton is a rapist... However, one picture vs dozens of rallies disrupted...
    Every political rally in the US gets disrupted. How many times did Obama have to deal with hecklers? He never wanted them bashed. Trump is a bully, as is the right.


    Quote Originally Posted by zraver View Post
    On the Rand Paul tweet you keep posting. perchance have you read the Federalist papers discussions on the 2A?

    Resisting a tyrannical government, defending self and community against brigands and Indians etc is why the 2A was created. Hunting is not why we have guns.
    In other words, it is perfectly ok when the right does it.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

  8. #218
    Staff Emeritus
    Military Professional
    Contrary by Nature.
    zraver's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Oct 06
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    14,392
    Quote Originally Posted by antimony View Post
    Exactly what I thought, anti-Israel s being passed off as anti-semitic. You yourself have said similar or worse. As for the incident with the swastikas, yeah, the Left (whatever that is) does not do that. that is strictly alt-right and Stormfront territory. BTW, I am quite familiar with UW. Pro-Palestine is right, as is Anti-Israel. Anti-semitic, not so much.
    Agree to dissagree.

    I have seen that before. It is black nationalism, not Leftist stuff.
    They are demanding massive cash payments and economic supports, thats welfare.

    What BS! Palin was raked over coals for her intellectual inadequacy, not for being a woman. What is more, she displayed a total lack of intellectual curiosity, something that Trump displays too and something which I consider a dealbreaker for any chief executive. What she had, in spades, was self confidence and charishma, which makes her perfect for a reality star
    Palin was attacked for being a woman, attacked for being a mother etc etc etc. Even her daughter who was what 12 or 13 at the time got slut shamed by David Letterman.

    Anti-women policies are at the very center of right wing ideology, so your logic does not count.
    Pro-life is not anti-woman, anti-tax is not antiwoman, pro-2A is nit anti-woman, trying to keep OBamacare from collapsing the healthcare sector is not anti-woman, encouraging self reliance and personal responsability is not anti-woman. You know what is anti-woman? Opposition to marriage, welfare, illegal immigration, federal control of education, support for abortion...



    No they did not. She was fired and lambasted. What happened to Nugent?
    She retracted it the very next day and started waving the victim card. She started crying, "he (Trump) broke me". No he didn't, he had nothing to do with your decsion to go beyond the pale.

    a. Why does it matter? Is threatening to shoot a non-President somehow excusable?
    Excuse no, but it is a different set of laws. BTW what Nugent said was crude, it was not a threat and did not portray an act of violence..



    [/quote]I repeat, the Right celebrated his rantings, the center and left chastised Griffin. That shows the difference.[/quote]

    Shakespeare in the Park enacting an assassination, Whoopi Goldberg wearing a T-shirt showing Trump getting his brains blown out, former VP candidate calling for street fights, former presidential campaign volunteer attacking a GOP gathering with a rifle to which the Left promptly engaged in victim blaiming....

    Every political rally in the US gets disrupted. How many times did Obama have to deal with hecklers? He never wanted them bashed. Trump is a bully, as is the right.
    Do you not see the difference between hecklers and the antifa mobs?


    In other words, it is perfectly ok when the right does it.
    No, it means he read the Federalist papers and has a reasoned, constitutionally sound interpretation supported by evidence. He might still be wrong, but at least his position is reasoned, researched and supported.

  9. #219
    Staff Emeritus
    Military Professional
    Contrary by Nature.
    zraver's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Oct 06
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    14,392
    Quote Originally Posted by DOR View Post
    The only thing even remotely "gimme, gimme, gimme welfare" on that site is a demand for equal but separate education.
    25 years of economic payments and a huge amount of arable, minerally rich land plus relocation costs....

  10. #220
    Senior Contributor DOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Mar 11
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,193
    Quote Originally Posted by zraver View Post
    25 years of economic payments and a huge amount of arable, minerally rich land plus relocation costs....
    You posted the link.
    Now, you show us where that statement is backed up by your link.

    I double-dare you!

  11. #221
    Senior Contributor antimony's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Feb 08
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,852
    Quote Originally Posted by zraver View Post
    They are demanding massive cash payments and economic supports, thats welfare.
    On the basis of race, not class

    Quote Originally Posted by zraver View Post
    Palin was attacked for being a woman, attacked for being a mother etc etc etc. Even her daughter who was what 12 or 13 at the time got slut shamed by David Letterman.
    Again, the attack on Palin was because of her innate stupidity, not her gender. Conservatives question the very fact that women can be leaders.

    Quote Originally Posted by zraver View Post
    Pro-life is not anti-woman, anti-tax is not antiwoman, pro-2A is nit anti-woman, trying to keep OBamacare from collapsing the healthcare sector is not anti-woman, encouraging self reliance and personal responsability is not anti-woman. You know what is anti-woman? Opposition to marriage, welfare, illegal immigration, federal control of education, support for abortion...
    Pro-life is anti woman to the core, so is unequal pay, taking away access to birth control, planned parenthood defunding. Tax and 2A are neither here nor there.

    Quote Originally Posted by zraver View Post
    She retracted it the very next day and started waving the victim card. She started crying, "he (Trump) broke me". No he didn't, he had nothing to do with your decsion to go beyond the pale.
    What did Ted Nugent do?

    Quote Originally Posted by zraver View Post
    Excuse no, but it is a different set of laws. BTW what Nugent said was crude, it was not a threat and did not portray an act of violence..
    "suck on my machinegun", yeah not violence.

    Quote Originally Posted by zraver View Post
    Shakespeare in the Park enacting an assassination, Whoopi Goldberg wearing a T-shirt showing Trump getting his brains blown out, former VP candidate calling for street fights, former presidential campaign volunteer attacking a GOP gathering with a rifle to which the Left promptly engaged in victim blaiming....

    Do you not see the difference between hecklers and the antifa mobs?
    Not when your President wants people to be violent and wants to pay their fees or wants hecklers to be put on stretchers. Scalese is a Trump supporter, therefore he stands for the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by zraver View Post
    No, it means he read the Federalist papers and has a reasoned, constitutionally sound interpretation supported by evidence. He might still be wrong, but at least his position is reasoned, researched and supported.
    You can argue the nuances but it is what it is, shoot those in power when you feel you are under tyranny. Paul equated tyranny with Obama, same as what many on the left might feel now
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. James Comey Nominated To Be New FBI Director
    By Doktor in forum American Politics & Economy
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22 Jun 13,, 12:19
  2. Former Goldman Sachs Director, Sentenced To Two Years
    By USSWisconsin in forum American Politics & Economy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25 Oct 12,, 04:47
  3. A Chat With ISAF's Director Of Intelligence
    By S2 in forum Operation Enduring Freedom and Af-Pak
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05 Nov 09,, 15:57
  4. Dennis Ross appointed NSC senior director
    By Ironduke in forum The Staff College
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26 Jun 09,, 16:56
  5. CIA Director cites big gains against al-Qaida globally
    By citanon in forum The Middle East and North Africa
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 16 Jun 08,, 19:38

Share this thread with friends:

Share this thread with friends:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •