Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^updated my previous post : )

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
    Shaksgam valley is gone, isn't it? Gwadar is a strategic necessity for China. You wouldn't agree I know, but we'll be here to witness it. That time will come.
    Parted with.

I don't know how strategic, but its a port that can offer R&R for passing Chinese ships.

The Pak desire for the Chinese to base/develop there is more than the Chinese themselves want i have a feeling.

Yes. Debt trap. I am more interested to know what if a client state can't pay back their loans to China. Can the Americans in any way rescue that country? In what way? Can Venezuela start from zero.
    Venezuela has massive oil reserves. Once they get their oil industry up and running the Chinese will recover their loan. Back in 2007 what the Chinese did appeared sound. Nobody counted on the negative effects of Chavez's populist policy entirely crippling the country a decade later. Posted a short summary of this in the Indian elections thread.
    Last edited by Double Edge; 13 Apr 19,, 20:26.

Comment

• US lawmakers write to Trump administration IMF bailout for Pakistan
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• The US has also sought to link the IMF package to Pakistan meeting its obligations as laid out by the Financial Action Task Force, which tracks and tackles money laundering and terrorism funding.
        So if they are able to blag their way at the FATF in June and avoid getting blacklisted then they also get the IMF loan. That's a twofer

Comment

• 'Time to take difficult decisions': Asad Umar steps down as finance minister, will not hold any portfolio

What we've seen in these 8 months of Asad Umar being a minister.

#1. Talking with IMF, expecting a deal.
          #2. Pakistan's economy is on solid footing. Mas-a-allah, CPEC will make Pakistan, Shangri-la.
          #3. India should not be in FATF AP group.
          #4. Expected to reach a deal soon with IMF.
          #5. Pak's economy is stressed, need some hard decisions. Mas-a-allah, CPEC will make Pakistan, Shangri-la.
          #6. India should not be in FATF AP group.
          #7. IMF deal almost reached, papers ready, just need signatures.
          #8. Pak has some donated alms to run the country for a month. Mas-a-allah, CPEC will make Pakistan, Shangri-la.
          #9. India should not be in FATF AP group.
          #10. Resigns. Nara-e-TakBEER.

:D :D
          Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Pakistan takes $5.6b in foreign loans in nine months

Comment

• India warns IMF against fresh bailout for Pakistan

NEW DELHI: India and some other nations have cautioned the International Monetary Fund (IMF) about fresh bailout for Pakistan at a time when it is under the Financial Action Task Force's (FATF) scanner for its serious failure to crack down on terror funding.
              India can raise its voice, but it is the Americans who'll decide when Pakistan has to fall. But, overall, I like the sound bytes. Corner Pakistan in all multilateral forums for its support to terrorism.

Oh, Pakistan's current account deficit contracts 29.5% to $9.6b

And, US denies duty-free market access to Pakistan

Pakistan doesn't need US market. Pakistan will sell only to ummah chumman Muslim countries. Pak is a nuclear country, so, other countries better start accepting Pakistani goods. Duty free access or, ..... , ka-boom, all mard-e-momins become Djinns.
              Last edited by Oracle; 20 Apr 19,, 06:46.

Comment

• Chinese nationals employed in CPEC accused of trafficking Pakistani women

Some twist, Arrested Chinese man not trafficker, claims woman, paid off once, paid off again.

Women trafficking: government takes up issue with Chinese government through MoFA

Got something interesting from the very talented Huma Baqai, Post-Pulwama Pakistan-India relations. Great insight.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Huma.png
Views:	2
Size:	384.7 KB
ID:	1477983

Ok so, men will be men. After a long days work in prison like conditions in Gwadar, surrounded by Pak Army troops, Chinese men would want to have some drinks. Natural. Once they have some drinks, again natural that their moral instincts take a hit. Add to it pretty Pakistani women. Mas-e-Allah. Subhan-Allah. This is one of the prime examples of Pak-China friendship. Way to go my Chinese brothers.

People interested in more of the dashing, highly intellectual and future PM of Pakistan can find her here. She's hot-e-aunty-e-allah.

A little digging gives me the below tweet.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Naila.png
Views:	1
Size:	324.7 KB
ID:	1477984
                Last edited by Oracle; 20 Apr 19,, 06:45.

Comment

• Either way, the news is bad

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                    Lease is not given. Lease is lease. Gifting land that is some part of the world away from China does not make much sense. Mining concessions are more profitable. Balochistan does have mineral wealth. Imran mentioned he would have good news soon. Maybe some off shore drilling prospects are coming up.

Paks did give away Shaksgam valley in '63. But the goal of creating the Pak - China handshake over India's head remains thwarted after Operation Meghdoot. We control the Saltoro ridge. So what land in that area could the Paks give away that would be of benefit to China. If you look at that map does anything stick out ?

Update: an older article from 2012
                    Pakistan considering proposal to lease Gilgit-Baltistan to China: US think tank | PTI | Feb 11 2012

Seven years later....they haven't moved on it yet

Best bit is the defpk reaction to this article. Thread closed for stupidity : D
                    Wion clip from 2017 talking about resistance within GB to Pakistan declaring it a fifth province. So forget "gifting" GB away to a third party. The locals won't stand for it and then there is India. No way is this happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                      Got something interesting from the very talented Huma Baqai, Post-Pulwama Pakistan-India relations. Great insight.
                      What did you find interesting in her article ?
                      Last edited by Double Edge; 21 Apr 19,, 19:47.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                        What did you find interesting in her article ?
                        Sarcasm.
                        Last edited by Oracle; 22 Apr 19,, 08:45.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                          Lays the blame squarely on Imran & co

The reasons for the rumours of him being dismissed from his post, should have been based on his poor performance of running the economy, but they shifted to how he wasn’t able to cut an IMF deal a few days ago when he was in Washington. The fact that he was not able to meet the U.S. Treasury Secretary, Steven Mnuchin, nor the IMF head, Christine Lagarde, on this visit, was seen as yet another sign of this failure by the Pakistani media.

Nevertheless, the IMF deal is now a certainty, and although the finance minister has been replaced, there was probably no need for a replacement. When the IMF implements its strict conditionalities and adjustment programme, to which the finance minister and the country supposedly ‘agree’, the finance minister becomes redundant and is simply the bearer and front for bad news and tough conditions.
                          So that's why he was let go, at the same time should the IMF deal come through the finance minister is redundant and only the bearer of bad news which would make him a hated figure.
                          Last edited by Double Edge; 22 Apr 19,, 12:23.

Comment

• China's vast investment in Africa hits a snag in Congo

Comment

• 22 loans in 61 years: Pakistan’s unwavering habit of going to the IMF

Some articles say 13th, some say 22nd. What is the truth Pakistan?

Comment

• FIA arrests Chinese nationals allegedly involved in human trafficking in Lahore

Comment

Working...
                                X