Turkeys Referendum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkeys Referendum

Kerem , whats the feed on the street mate ?? won by 51 percent , just like brexit , have the whingers started yet , theres some statements the vote was rigged , tsk tsk , perhaps the russians were involved huh ? Erdogan says a historic moment and a clear mandate ,, nahhhhhhhh only 51 percent ,how can that be . ,,,,,,,, lol .

Turkey referendum: Erdogan hails 'clear' win in vote on new powers
    16 April 2017

Media caption President Recep Tayyip Erdogan: "Decision made by the Turkish public is a historic moment"
    Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has claimed victory in the referendum on granting him sweeping new powers, saying it was won by a clear majority.
    He was speaking in Istanbul as the count neared completion. With more than 99% of ballots counted, "Yes" was on 51.36% and "No" on 48.64%.
    Erdogan supporters say replacing the parliamentary system with an executive presidency will modernise the country.
    The two main opposition parties are challenging the results.
    As jubilant Erdogan supporters rallied in the big cities, pots and pans were banged in Istanbul by opponents of the referendum, in a traditional form of protest.
    If confirmed, the "Yes" vote could also see Mr Erdogan remain in office until 2029.
    Three people were shot dead near a polling station in the south-eastern province of Diyarbakir, reportedly during a dispute over how they were voting.

Tankie, there are accusations that some of the ballots were not with the official stamp of the electoral commission and noone is denying it, even more, they say something like "a vote is a vote". So, don't compare it to Brexit, you are not doing a favor to anyone.
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
      Tankie, there are accusations that some of the ballots were not with the official stamp of the electoral commission and noone is denying it, even more, they say something like "a vote is a vote". So, don't compare it to Brexit, you are not doing a favor to anyone.
      yea i heard that as well , pardon my satire . I just lovvvvve 51 percent ,,watch this space lol

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
        yea i heard that as well , pardon my satire . I just lovvvvve 51 percent ,,watch this space lol
        So, in essence the President of Turkey got the powers of POTUS?

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

So he thinks

Comment

With a few extras, such as being able to dissolve parliament and being reelected ad infinitum.

Comment

Originally posted by kato View Post
              With a few extras, such as being able to dissolve parliament and being reelected ad infinitum.
              His son is in line of succession, too?

Comment

His two sons don't have political ambitions. They dabble in the business world.

His son-in-law (Berat Albayrak, husband of Erdogan's first daughter Esra) is Minister of Energy and Natural Resources since 2015 and a member of the extended AKP board. More of a potential successor.

Comment

Originally posted by kato View Post
                  His two sons don't have political ambitions. They dabble in the business world.

His son-in-law (Berat Albayrak, husband of Erdogan's first daughter Esra) is Minister of Energy and Natural Resources since 2015 and a member of the extended AKP board. More of a potential successor.
                  Makes a tidy profit fencing Daesh oil for them too.
                  In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

I need them emoticons back. Badly.

Comment

Similar to US and French presidential powers, but with the notable absence of the "checks and balances" that typically come from the judicial and legislative bodies in Western systems of governance.

Comment

Working...
                      X