The battle of Brexit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zara View Post
    Don't think Corbyn or McDonald want to stay in the EU, think they are just pretending so as to keep remainers on board to get them over the line.
    McDonald said it all yesterday when he said 'The more of a mess the government make of brexit, the more radical our policies will be'. They want a messy WTO crash out because it will sweep them to power and they can attempt to overturn capitalism in the UK. I'm pretty sure this is a standard Marxist technique. If there is no deal (looking highly likely) I think the UK is in deep trouble.

Yeppo, we're settled in Barcelona now, but I go back to Manchester and Derry once a month.
    Good luck in Spain, but im still of the opinion the uk is gonna be pissed on but the good news today is Sweden and the Italians are still miffed , as for labour , god forbid they ever get in power , they aint the working mans party anymore and havent been for years , B.liar saw to that , interesting times ahead and im not sure what Theresa the appeaser has up her sleeve , ahhh well , wait out .

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
      Good luck in Spain, but im still of the opinion the uk is gonna be pissed on but the good news today is Sweden and the Italians are still miffed , as for labour , god forbid they ever get in power , they aint the working mans party anymore and havent been for years , B.liar saw to that , interesting times ahead and im not sure what Theresa the appeaser has up her sleeve , ahhh well , wait out .

Looks to me like the UK is in big trouble unless the EU bend on Northern Ireland which they don't seem to be inclined to do.
      May is tying herself in knots over Chequers as it's the only fudge that means no border, but I think the EU will just push her into a Customs Union.

Can't believe Hunt comparing the EU to the USSR.. thats the language of Farage and Tommy Robinson, the Tories have gone full UKIP now.

Comment

• i have a feeling that as we move closer to the actual Brexit date and it becomes more and more clear that the UK is about to get massively screwed because no one can come up with a working plan, there's going to be another referendum to get to "oops, never mind about that whole Brexit thing."
        There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
          i have a feeling that as we move closer to the actual Brexit date and it becomes more and more clear that the UK is about to get massively screwed because no one can come up with a working plan, there's going to be another referendum to get to "oops, never mind about that whole Brexit thing."
          Make's the most sense.
          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
          Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
            i have a feeling that as we move closer to the actual Brexit date and it becomes more and more clear that the UK is about to get massively screwed because no one can come up with a working plan, there's going to be another referendum to get to "oops, never mind about that whole Brexit thing."

Its quite difficult to see how we would get there though... It's already in law that the UK leaves on the 31st March 2019.. That would have to be repealed and then an extension to A50 negotiated with the EU. After that it would have to be decided what would be on the ballot paper.. No Deal, EEA + CU, remain etc..

Then of course the brexiteers would go crazy and it would probably destroy the Tory party. I think a General Election is more likely..

Comment

• Whichever way it goes it probably behooves all EU member States to get together once Brexit has resolved itself and agree on some clearer constitutional and administrative mechanisms around how and under what terms a member State can withdraw from the EU should they wish to do so in the future. Although I have to say, based on how well the Britain's 'orderly withdrawal' is going at the moment I can't see anyone lining up at the exit door in the near future.

There may well be internal opposition to making separation from the EU too easy/cost fee but on the other hand I don't see why it needs to be train wreck this has turned into either. And still no solution for the Irish problem - short of a time machine and a stern letter to Oliver Cromwell telling him to stay home.
              Last edited by Monash; 04 Oct 18,, 13:38.
              If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monash View Post
                Whichever way it goes it probably behooves all EU member States to get together once Brexit has resolved itself and agree on some clearer constitutional and administrative mechanisms around how and under what terms a member State can withdraw from the EU should they wish to do so in the future. Although I have to say, based on how well the Britain's 'orderly withdrawal' is going at the moment I can't see anyone lining up at the exit door in the near future.

There may well be internal opposition to making separation from the EU too easy/cost fee but on the other hand I don't see why it needs to be train wreck this has turned into either. And still no solution for the Irish problem - short of a time machine and a stern letter to Oliver Cromwell telling him to stay home.

Article 50 was deliberately designed that way to give the power to the EU (written by a British man though!). The failure of the negotiations is entirely the UK's fault as the country is so split and cannot decide what it wants out of Brexit. We are tying ourselves in knots trying to keep the positives and be completely free of all the EU institutions. The EU cannot give what the UK is asking.

If another country wanted to leave, but had a large majority in favour of doing so, it wouldn't be such a problem (assuming it had no territorial disputes like Ireland and Gibraltar)

Comment

• Originally posted by zara View Post
                  (written by a British man though!)
                  And, to boot, with the express purpose of making the UK leaving an option in the first place. Without this intervention there would have been no Article 50 and no leaving the Union.

Originally posted by Monash View Post
                  Although I have to say, based on how well the Britain's 'orderly withdrawal' is going at the moment I can't see anyone lining up at the exit door in the near future.
                  Which is the whole idea behind the EU's negotiating position.

Comment

• Originally posted by kato View Post
                    And, to boot, with the express purpose of making the UK leaving an option in the first place. Without this intervention there would have been no Article 50 and no leaving the Union.

Which is the whole idea behind the EU's negotiating position.

That's not true. He's a huge remainer. Article 50 makes it harder to leave the EU.

Comment

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...G57lgHFaA#menu

Love this guy .

Comment

• https://external.fman1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...D-6wafkGjspPh1

Comment

• "Britain will "pay the price" of a no-deal Brexit because complicated new border controls may not be ready in time, a government watchdog has warned."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45952284

Has the British National Audit Office turned into a frothing at the mouth 'globalist'? I have my doubts.

Comment

• A rather large development yesterday (only just catching up) in the Brexit referendum funding investigation yesterday. Aaron Banks (who happens to be married to a Muscovite nee Ekaterina Paderina) who is known to have received help to remain in the UK from former MP Mike Hancock (who in turn had an affair with Katia Zatuliveter who UK intelligence wanted expelled as she previously had affairs with NATO officials) is now under criminal examination - referred by the UK Electoral Commission to the Crime Agency - for his single largest funding of the Leave campaign. It is said that Mr Banks cannot accurately account from where came the £8m+ he donated to various parts of the leave campaign and it is referred to Criminal investigation because it is suspected that the funding came from abroad. We all know where.

This barely surprises me. I left Britain obviously but there already too many 'coincidences' for me before 2012. Now we know that the Leave campaign was in cahoots with Cambridge Anylatica and the Mercers in the USA and Banks cannot explain his wealth... Why I wonder has Trumpkin never revealed his tax returns? It seems pretty clear that the Brexit referendum - the bots et al - was a pre run for the 2016 US election.

With facts we can prosecute the guilty but we need to shore up our systems and fight back if we are to win this war.

Comment

• A rather large development yesterday (only just catching up) in the Brexit referendum funding investigation yesterday. Aaron Banks (who happens to be married to a Muscovite nee Ekaterina Paderina) who is known to have received help to remain in the UK from former MP Mike Hancock (who in turn had an affair with Katia Zatuliveter who UK intelligence wanted expelled as she previously had affairs with NATO officials) is now under criminal examination - referred by the UK Electoral Commission to the Crime Agency - for his single largest funding of the Leave campaign. It is said that Mr Banks cannot accurately account from where came the £8m+ he donated to various parts of the leave campaign and it is referred to Criminal investigation because it is suspected that the funding came from abroad. We all know where.

This barely surprises me. I left Britain obviously but there already too many 'coincidences' for me before 2012. Now we know that the Leave campaign was in cahoots with Cambridge Anylatica and the Mercers in the USA and Banks cannot explain his wealth... Why I wonder has Trumpkin never revealed his tax returns? It seems pretty clear that the Brexit referendum - the bots et al - was a pre run for the 2016 US election.

With facts we can prosecute the guilty but we need to shore up our systems and fight back if we are to win this war.

Comment

• Brexit 'draft deal' in full (pdf): https://assets.publishing.service.go...pean_Union.pdf

There is little to no hope this could pass a vote in the House of Commons and Jacob Rees Mogg (aka "the Honourable Member for the last century" and a rabid toff Brexiteer) has apparently written a letter to the Chairman of 1922 Committee conveying his lack of confidence in Theresa May as PM. This is procedure required within the Tory Party to mount a challenge to current Party leader - the PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X