The battle of Brexit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zara View Post
    On the first video, what is the problem with pooled sovereignty? We accept the pooling of England, Scotland, Wales and NI and rightfully see that a power amplifier... why is shareing sovereignty with European nations so awful?

And if you want to protect low skilled and imobile labour then thats ok, but say so. You cant claim 'Global Britain' and Singapore upon Thames and at the same time claim your going to protect them, thats dishonest. Don't call the Customs union a 'protectionist racket' and then somehow pretend you have the interests of these people at heart.
    Trade is one thing, No control of ones own borders is insane and has proven so.....May and the EU can blather on for as long as they like but when you ignore and crap on the majority because of some so called educated ideal then reality will catch up with you as people become disenfranchised. Anybody that understands leadership will fully understand my concern. Hiding behind free movement of labour and pretending its something to aspire to is delusional and undermines the working population.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toby View Post
      Trade is one thing, No control of ones own borders is insane and has proven so.....May and the EU can blather on for as long as they like but when you ignore and crap on the majority because of some so called educated ideal then reality will catch up with you as people become disenfranchised. Anybody that understands leadership will fully understand my concern. Hiding behind free movement of labour and pretending its something to aspire to is delusional and undermines the working population.
      How do you seriously seeing this going Toby? The country voted largley to reduce migration, but we seem to either being heading towards a kind of damage limitation soft brexit of sorts, or if the hard brexiteers get their way, a zero tarriff, low regulation Singapore or hong Kong type situation. I fail to see how either of these helps the run down areas or the low skilled. Connected city types with money and influence are already profiting from it, but leaving the European family does nothing to help the poor. I think this is why polls are turning against Brexit. People are realising its a right wing coup

Comment

How do you seriously seeing this going Toby? The country voted largley to reduce migration
        Did it, or did it vote to control the flow of immigration?

but we seem to either being heading towards a kind of damage limitation soft brexit of sorts, or if the hard brexiteers get their way, a zero tarriff, low regulation Singapore or hong Kong type situation.
        So you're still saying its the UK that has to change , not the EU?

I fail to see how either of these helps the run down areas or the low skilled. Connected city types with money and influence are already profiting from it, but leaving the European family does nothing to help the poor.
        You seem to fail to see a great deal...I recently spoke with a N. Irishman (Protestant) who couldn't see the difference between being ruled from London to being ruled from Brussels. So my retort to him was it would be ok to be ruled from Dublin on that basis.....You can imagine his comments to that, it went something like *&^%$* OFF! ..my point is most English view the EU on that basis. I'm not going there, in actual fact all I want to see is somebody listen for a change that doesn't preach and try n sell me shit for pearls. Cameron asked for very simple things and was told to go and whistle.....well its time for the EU to earn there pay and prove that they actually want to evolve...Balls in their court not ours!

I think this is why polls are turning against Brexit. People are realising its a right wing coup
        That is your best joke yet....really?? you're really going there?

Comment

Did it, or did it vote to control the flow of immigration?
          Don't play that game. When people say 'control' they mean 'reduce'. Your not fooling anyone.

Originally posted by Toby View Post
          So you're still saying its the UK that has to change , not the EU?

You seem to fail to see a great deal...I recently spoke with a N. Irishman (Protestant) who couldn't see the difference between being ruled from London to being ruled from Brussels. So my retort to him was it would be ok to be ruled from Dublin on that basis.....You can imagine his comments to that, it went something like *&^%$* OFF! ..my point is most English view the EU on that basis. I'm not going there, in actual fact all I want to see is somebody listen for a change that doesn't preach and try n sell me shit for pearls. Cameron asked for very simple things and was told to go and whistle.....well its time for the EU to earn there pay and prove that they actually want to evolve...Balls in their court not ours!
          We're neither 'ruled from london' or 'ruled from brussels'. We send our own representatives to both places (unless you vote sinn fein,then you really do vote to be ruled by London). If you want someone to 'listen for a change' then voting out was a Kamakizi solution. The country heard that your angry, but it won't change a damn thing for the better. It'll reduce the money we have for social services thats all. Immigration wont go down, hard brexit or no. Call it 'control' all you want. You wont have any. And it will still be cheaper to produce stuff in China.

Balls in their court not ours!
          There is no ball and no court. There is just the EU telling us what we must do and what we must pay. Get as angry as you want, thats how balance of power works.

That is your best joke yet....really?? you're really going there?
          Yep. The good life after Brexit is a far right one, no doubt about it, unless it goes tits up and Corbyn takes over. Either way were a banana monarchy.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DRUzvRCXcAA2cuv.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	1475667

Some idiot forget to turn off the location notification.

Comment

• Cameron works for China now

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/sho...=1#post1032864

“China and the UK have a very close fit, where China has huge manufacturing and construction capability and huge pools of capital available,” Mr Hammond said. “Whereas UK has great expertise in project finance and legal skills.”

Comment

• Lovely bit of Brexit bunkum I just found from Michael Gove; "I want to make sure Brexit delivers not just for the British people, but for animals too". Yep the turkeys voted for Christmas.

Comment

Don't play that game. When people say 'control' they mean 'reduce'. Your not fooling anyone.
                  Its way too high, fact!

We're neither 'ruled from london' or 'ruled from brussels'. We send our own representatives to both places
                  Last I heard N. Ireland was still apart of the UK

If you want someone to 'listen for a change' then voting out was a Kamakizi solution.
                  Being a Sovereign Nation is Kamikaze???

The country heard that your angry, but it won't change a damn thing for the better. It'll reduce the money we have for social services thats all. Immigration wont go down, hard brexit or no
                  Its already going down, 1/3 of Poles have returned home already...Less waste on social services ...Hooray!! its harder than ever to get into the UK now from non-EU countries.

Call it 'control' all you want. You wont have any. And it will still be cheaper to produce stuff in China.
                  We abandoned producing the cheap stuff decades ago. The next big problem isn't cheap labour. Its non human production lines, computer programmed brick layers etc...this will effect China too. As a country we're actually better placed to deal with it

There is no ball and no court. There is just the EU telling us what we must do and what we must pay. Get as angry as you want, thats how balance of power works.
                  Not for much longer

Yep. The good life after Brexit is a far right one, no doubt about it, unless it goes tits up and Corbyn takes over. Either way were a banana monarchy
                  We're a democracy! In a democracy the people decide via a voting system

Comment

We're a democracy! In a democracy the people decide via a voting system
                    That woman in Windsor Castle might have something to say about that word.

Comment

• Originally posted by kato View Post
                      That woman in Windsor Castle might have something to say about that word.
                      Today, the role of the British monarch is by convention effectively ceremonial, Parliament and Government exercise their powers under 'Royal Prerogative' on behalf of the monarch and through powers still formally possessed by the Monarch. So we have in effect the best of both worlds and are spared the office of president.

Comment

• Pretty accurate I'd say..

Click image for larger version

Name:	0512-MATT-PORTAL-WEB-P1.png
Views:	2
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	1475701

Comment

• I like it!

Also means the UK is having an imaginary Brexit... You get your blue passports, everything else stays the same. Win-win!

Comment

I like it!

Also means the UK is having an imaginary Brexit... You get your blue passports, everything else stays the same. Win-win!
                            Why are they blue???

Comment

• Why you asking me? Mines always been red (I think..)
                              My hubbies old one is black
                              Last edited by zara; 30 Dec 17,, 01:50.

Comment

Why you asking me? Mines always been red (I think..)
                                My hubbies old one is black
                                Because you're so blue dear.....

Comment

Working...
                                X