No announcement yet.

The battle of Brexit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I seem to remember the UK saying all along that it would honour its commitments... The positive thing for the UK is long term we're paying less, alot less! and we'll have control over the flow of immigration.
    I agree with Bertie Ahern on the Irish border issue

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
      That will come with the Irish deal. Of course the reason why they want a hard border is stop all the migrant workers ("scroungers") who work for the NHS and pick all the fruit and vegetables etc... but they also want a soft a border in Ireland which kind of buggers that up - migrants will just migrate via Ireland. No matter what 'hard border' (or wall) you put in place people will find a way around it; no wall ever worked - even in Berlin. You will just end up with more illegal workers who are working off the cards for a lower than minimum wage and lowering the wage growth further.
      Thats strange I thought everybody had left. Because they felt unwelcome..The Brits had suddenly become racist right wing thugs etc etc.....The truth is WE will control our own country, not the EU

Comment

• Originally posted by Toby View Post
        The positive thing for the UK is long term we're paying less, alot less!
        No one said anything about paying any specific amount of money for future relations.

The money is to settle the past. If the UK wants any sort of normal trade relations in the future they better be prepared to at least pay that sum again over the next 10 years... every 10 years...

Originally posted by Toby View Post
        Thats strange I thought everybody had left. Because they felt unwelcome..
        Only the Polish, who mostly went back to where they can earn more money for less work (i.e. here). Immigration from Romania and Bulgaria to the UK went up in comparison.

Comment

• Actually many Poles who left the UK - over 2/3rds by Polish Government figures - have returned home. Many with new children apparently, seems they felt better about having children in Britain than those who stayed. I have one friend who has returned a single Mother but better qualified from Britain and another cousin (again a single Mother) who returned from Italy. This sort of points the way to solving the demographic problem perhaps.

Comment

• Originally posted by kato View Post
            No one said anything about paying any specific amount of money for future relations.

The money is to settle the past. If the UK wants any sort of normal trade relations in the future they better be prepared to at least pay that sum again over the next 10 years... every 10 years.
            ..Like I previously said, an extortion racket run by politicians, Europe's bent elite, Which is why we are leaving.

Only the Polish,
            Really?????? I hadn't noticed...building sites around Manchester are full of them.

Comment

• Just reading that these figures have been released to the press by the EU. The UK haven't officially acknowledged them. Another stab in the back from the EU....quite childish actually.....
              Net migration is at its lowest since 2014....more good news...not noticed it on the roads though still way too busy......I think we could safely lose another few hundred thousand....which clearly would help the housing crisis...and eleviate pressure on the NHS....lets face it we wouldn't need all these foreign workers in the NHS if they weren't here. Maybe more of our own would get jobs in the UK instead of going abroad...
              I was thinking of buying a flag pole for the front...get it ready for the big day when the scroungers finally get their mitts off our Island...great days to come!

Comment

• Did you even bother to read to read the OBR Budget Report? Growth 1.2 % for the next 5yrs - wage growth may not exceed inflation until 2027 - nearly two decades of lower standards of living. You are going to end with Comrade Corbyn reloading the 1970s and in the hands of the IMF again because you believed liars and Muscovite bots. You have been lied to about how great this would be for everyone. There is going to be hell to pay for all of you sadly.

Comment

• Did you even bother to read to read the OBR Budget Report? Growth 1.2 % for the next 5yrs
                  Did I bother? I bother everyday. But somethings are more important than numbers on a spreadsheet. Money isn't my god.

wage growth may not exceed inflation until 2027
                  Wage growth has been stagnant for decades in much of the economy. In part due to foreign workers, but also due to the banking collapse in recent years. Personally my wages have gone up. But yeh the cost of groceries for example has increased considerably since we joined the EU (CAP price intervention)

nearly two decades of lower standards of living
                  Will anybody notice ...lol

You are going to end with Comrade Corbyn reloading the 1970s
                  Compared to the EU it would be a walk in the park

and in the hands of the IMF
                  Yes dear! More project 'FEAR' thats what we need, Somebody put the kettle on ...the drama is really starting to pinch (NOT)

because you believed liars and Muscovite bots
                  Did I? more a case of being fed up of propping up failed economies that are high on EU subsidies. I don't want my money to build a motorway in Spain or Poland. I want my money spent here.

You have been lied to about how great this would be for everyone
                  All politicians lie, What makes you think people believe them??

There is going to be hell to pay for all of you sadly.
                  Really? well what goes around, comes around! When you go through life not listening and pleasing yourself. Due to a false sense of self importance things eventually catch up with you. Which is why the EU will eventually implode.

Comment

• what you are seeing is our political class way behind public opinion

Mr Farage said he detected increased optimism about Brexit, pointing out that even ‘leftish’ celebrities like Robert Peston, Morrissey and Noel Gallagher accepted leaving the EU.

He said: “In the last week or two, Morrissey, a leftish figure, who says Brexit is an act of liberation against the political establishment who did not want us to say this. Noel Gallagher – a big cultural icon for a lot of people, particularly for those mid-90s teenagers, Morrissey, Gallagher now saying ‘I voted for remain but hey we made a decision. F****** get on with it.

“And Robert Peston – who would believe it. One of the high priests of the liberal media, father been a Labour peer, and Peston now says people who voted Brexit are on the right side of history.

“So the more I look at this the more I see, right across the country, far from being queasy, people are saying ‘we have done it, let’s get on with it’ and what you are seeing is our political class way behind public opinion.”

Also on the podcast, Craig Mackinlay, a Tory member of the Commons’ Brexit committee, said: “I can just about stomach £20billion but beyond that I have some personal difficulties.

“You can’t extend it that into ‘hope to spend in 10 years time on an unknown road in Romania’ where the turf has not been turned yet. This seems to be these ‘hope to build in the future’ liabilities.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...banned-giving/

Comment

• Originally posted by kato View Post
                      In line with how this thread started:

The Guardian now calls it. Brexiters nowhere to be seen as UK raises white flag.

Not that i'd agree with that statement. A white flag should include pulling back to the wet border.
                      Id prefer the UK just stayed in the single market and customs union, then the loyalists wont kick off. But failing that, then i hope for a wet border. I think that post brexit, the DUP may find that Ireland has a much more powerful voice than it used to... but hey, thats what shared soveignty does and what leavers fail to comprehend.

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
                        Did you even bother to read to read the OBR Budget Report? Growth 1.2 % for the next 5yrs - wage growth may not exceed inflation until 2027 - nearly two decades of lower standards of living. You are going to end with Comrade Corbyn reloading the 1970s and in the hands of the IMF again because you believed liars and Muscovite bots. You have been lied to about how great this would be for everyone. There is going to be hell to pay for all of you sadly.
                        Giving leavers economic data and stats is futile. They seldom understand them and when they do they dont beleive them. Leavers preffered language is jingoism.
                        Last edited by zara; 30 Nov 17,, 18:07.

Comment

I was thinking of buying a flag pole for the front...get it ready for the big day when the scroungers finally get their mitts off our Island...great days to come!
                          Where are you gonna get a Russian flag from?

Comment

• Originally posted by zara View Post
                            Where are you gonna get a Russian flag from?
                            Same place you get your toilet paper from

Comment

• Originally posted by zara View Post
                              Giving leavers economic data and stats is futile. They seldom understand them and when they do they dont beleive them. Leavers preffered language is jingoism.
                              A bit like the EU accounts....which are signed off with anomalies every year. That is every year since they weren't signed off..because they clearly didn't add up. But hey now they do add up ...but like I say with anomalies.... GO FIGURE!

Comment

A bit like the EU accounts....which are signed off with anomalies every year. That is every year since they weren't signed off..because they clearly didn't add up. But hey now they do add up ...but like I say with anomalies.... GO FIGURE!

Sigh... more euro-myths perpetuated by Express headlines..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-36276175

Comment

Working...
                                X