No announcement yet.

The battle of Brexit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I certainly agree with the 'capture' of the Conservative Party. I think however you may be putting all your eggs in one basket too early. Will the Labour Party give you a refund if the nouvelle Corbynsta wins?

Comment

• Maybe I am, but I joined so that I could vote for Starmer. If Rebbeca Long Bailey wins, Cummings and Johnson will be in power for another decade.
      I think Starmer will win though.

Comment

• Originally posted by zara View Post
        The Tories are no longer a moderate party they have been captured, just like Labour was under Corbyn.
        Tories have been captured by whom ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
          Tories have been captured by whom ?
          By the ERG and the English nationalists. Never mind Dominic Cummings.
          Last edited by zara; 02 Mar 20,, 13:33.

Comment

By the ERG and the English nationalists. Never mind Dominic Cummings.
            Going by their wiki entry. A group whose focus is just the issue of withdrawing from the EU would be relevant now.

Are there any other competing groups on this subject ?

If the UK is going to make its own path outside of the EU then nationalists in the group is normal. The ones that are not ashamed of waving the union flag. Same group is dominant in the US & India as well.

STEVE BAKER has resigned as the chairman of the European Research Group, saying he wants to "start bringing the country together now we have left the EU.
            That is what i want to hear. Paramount at this point in time. It was in Boris maiden speech as PM.

Now go do it.
            Last edited by Double Edge; 02 Mar 20,, 14:59.

Comment

• Those who have willfully torn a country apart sponsored in part by enemies may not be the best to "start bringing it together" again.

Comment

Going by their wiki entry. A group whose focus is just the issue of withdrawing from the EU would be relevant now.

Are there any other competing groups on this subject ?

If the UK is going to make its own path outside of the EU then nationalists in the group is normal. The ones that are not ashamed of waving the union flag. Same group is dominant in the US & India as well.

That is what i want to hear. Paramount at this point in time. It was in Boris maiden speech as PM.

Now go do it.

They are not British Nationalists though. They are English nationalists.

They have drawn a border down the Irish Sea, endangering the peace process by infuriating the loyalists and polls are consistently showing a majority for Scottish separatism. The UK is in deep trouble.
                Last edited by zara; 03 Mar 20,, 23:13.

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
                  Those who have willfully torn a country apart sponsored in part by enemies may not be the best to "start bringing it together" again.
                  I wonder if that report into Russian interference will ever see the light of day. Johnson promised it months ago, but so far nothing..

Comment

They are not British Nationalists though. They are English nationalists.

They have drawn a border down the Irish Sea, endangering the peace process by infuriating the loyalists and polls are consistently showing a majority for Scottish separatism. The UK is in deep trouble.
                    But that is the way NI remains in the UK.

Scots think they can make it on their own ? guess they have the same condition as the English then : D

Never met an english person who did not like the UK the way it is.

Comment

But that is the way NI remains in the UK.

Scots think they can make it on their own ? guess they have the same condition as the English then : D

Never met an english person who did not like the UK the way it is.

Im not sure what you mean by that... The Withdrawal Agreement is now international law, lodged at the UN.
                      That includes the hard border in the Irish Sea. Better than a land border with the Republic for sure, but the unionist community are furious!

Polls show that most conservative voters and brexiteers see losing Scotland as an acceptable price to pay for brexit.

The Tories are no longer conservatives - they are radicals, led by Dominic Cummings (Who the Germans have called a Maoist)

Comment

Im not sure what you mean by that... The Withdrawal Agreement is now international law, lodged at the UN.
                        That includes the hard border in the Irish Sea. Better than a land border with the Republic for sure, but the unionist community are furious!
                        They'll get over it. Not furious enough to unite with the south.

Polls show that most conservative voters and brexiteers see losing Scotland as an acceptable price to pay for brexit.
                        Not what i gather the man at 10 Downing street will agree with

The Tories are no longer conservatives - they are radicals, led by Dominic Cummings (Who the Germans have called a Maoist)
                        I see a populist streak that was necessary to defeat Labour. It worked. Now they need to deliver on what people voted them in for.

Corbyn was a jihadi sympathiser.

Comment

The UK is in deep trouble.
                          They been in a spot of trouble numerous times over the last couple of centuries but have managed to get through.

That is the spirit Brexit wants to invoke.

This is a time for doing not FUD.
                          Last edited by Double Edge; 04 Mar 20,, 04:43.

Comment

They been in a spot of trouble numerous times over the last couple of centuries but have managed to get through.

That is the spirit Brexit wants to invoke.

This is a time for doing not FUD.
                            How appallingly laughable... "all you need is the good old British Bulldog spirit". 'Spirit' of any kind does not put food on the table, it does not pick all the fruit and vegetables the migrant labourers previously did that made farms profitable, it does not allow UK manufactures to get their just in time components from the continent, it will not stop massive road blocks all through Kent next year that will cost lives. You cannot live on 'spirit' alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
                              How appallingly laughable... "all you need is the good old British Bulldog spirit". 'Spirit' of any kind does not put food on the table, it does not pick all the fruit and vegetables the migrant labourers previously did that made farms profitable, it does not allow UK manufactures to get their just in time components from the continent, it will not stop massive road blocks all through Kent next year that will cost lives. You cannot live on 'spirit' alone.
                              Yes, that bulldog spirit of faith and confidence to prevail against the odds. That you are knocking.

Go back two hundred years and see the fixes the Brits have had to muddle their way through.

End of the 18th century. Lost the US. French & Spanish pushing you every where.

End of the 19th century. Rise of the US, Russia, Germany & Japan. These days people are so afraid of just the rise of China.

The two world wars

I'm amazed the british empire lasted as long as it did. I'd have thought its demise a good half century or more prior.

We live in a British ordered world of whom the Americans are the latest cheerleaders.

Still finding this laughable ?

To be frank that bulldog spirit is gone. They need to resurrect it.
                              Last edited by Double Edge; 05 Mar 20,, 15:10.

Comment

• The UK is not at war. I agree though that that outgoing confidence of past times seems to have been lost - they have become 'little Englanders' who like think they will roar as of old. The 'Continental System' of Bonaparte that they fought and died to pull apart to increase free trade in Europe they have now, for a this Government's tenure of Office, willingly self imposed.
                                Last edited by snapper; 05 Mar 20,, 19:16.

Comment

Working...
                                X